O'Donnell on birth control

Father Time

I'll be Still Alive
Nov 29, 2008
I know there's a lot of threads about her but I didn't see one on this so:

The trickle of media hits featuring embarrassing quotes from Christine O’Donnell continued Thursday with the release of statements from 2002 and 2006 that condoms are “anti-human” and “will not protect you from AIDS.”

In a 2006 interview on Fox News’s “The O’Reilly Factor,” the devout Catholic contended that condom use is “anti-human.”

“And what ... if the population is increasing, so what?” O’Donnell said. “People aren't bad. When did humans become a bad thing? Why is it that we have to, you know, stop people from getting pregnant?”

Discuss.

Edit: Forgot the Link

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20100916/pl_politico/42288

Last edited:
Seems like a pretty main stream Christian Belief to me. Maybe not the Anti Human part, but the idea that contraception is wrong is nothing new to many Devout Christians. I don't happen to agree with her. Would like to know if that is something she plans on Pushing for if Elected.

As with many Conservative Candidates I like what she says on About some Fiscal related issues, but find myself at odds with her Social Views.

Seems like a pretty main stream Christian Belief to me. Maybe not the Anti Human part, but the idea that contraception is wrong is nothing new to many Devout Christians. I don't happen to agree with her. Would like to know if that is something she plans on Pushing for if Elected.

As with many Conservative Candidates I like what she says on About some Fiscal related issues, but find myself at odds with her Social Views.

Well based on her quotes if she were senator she'd vote against giving condoms to Africans with federal money.

"The website also found a 2002 quote from the "Phil Donahue Show" in which O’Donnell claims condoms do not prevent the transmission of HIV, the virus known to cause AIDS.

In a discussion centered on AIDS relief in Africa, O’Donnell declared that “condoms will not protect you from AIDS."

"So to just throw a bunch of condoms over to Africa and say, 'Here, we're helping you with AIDS,' is just going to further the spread of AIDS over there,” she said."

What's Chris Coons up to..?

Coons, 47, has already been targeted by Republicans for an article he wrote for the Amherst College newspaper when he was 21 -- a piece entitled "Chris Coons: The Making of a Bearded Marxist."

Coons wrote about his political evolution from a conservative college student who founded the Amherst College Republicans into a Democrat suspicious of America's power and ideals. The transformation, he said, came during a trip to Kenya.

FOXNews.com - 46 Days to Decide: Dem Candidate Coons Comes Under Scrutiny in Delaware Senate Race

Delaware has some serious issues with job loss, crime, and creating new businesses within the state. I cannot believe that the voters would choose some giddy little pollyanna to handle these issues for them. Those are the issues that concern them--they could care less about the sex lives of their neighbors, with which o'donnell seems absorbed.

Well based on her quotes if she were senator she'd vote against giving condoms to Africans with federal money.

"The website also found a 2002 quote from the "Phil Donahue Show" in which O’Donnell claims condoms do not prevent the transmission of HIV, the virus known to cause AIDS.

In a discussion centered on AIDS relief in Africa, O’Donnell declared that “condoms will not protect you from AIDS."

"So to just throw a bunch of condoms over to Africa and say, 'Here, we're helping you with AIDS,' is just going to further the spread of AIDS over there,” she said."

yeah that is a pretty stupid comment. I could see be if she opposed it on the grounds that we should not be spending money in Africa when we can't pay our own bills. But if she actually thinks sending them condoms will further the spread of aids. She is Rather dimwitted indeed.

Last edited:
I know there's a lot of threads about her but I didn't see one on this so:

The trickle of media hits featuring embarrassing quotes from Christine O’Donnell continued Thursday with the release of statements from 2002 and 2006 that condoms are “anti-human” and “will not protect you from AIDS.”

In a 2006 interview on Fox News’s “The O’Reilly Factor,” the devout Catholic contended that condom use is “anti-human.”

“And what ... if the population is increasing, so what?” O’Donnell said. “People aren't bad. When did humans become a bad thing? Why is it that we have to, you know, stop people from getting pregnant?”

Discuss.

Edit: Forgot the Link

O'Donnell: Condoms 'anti-human' - Yahoo! News
Is she a 41 year old virgin? Never married, never had a job.

She had her live in boy friend buy her house when the bank said they wanted it back, after she didn't make her payments.

what an idiot :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

all the missionaries who stopped people in africa from using condoms should be fed to lions

She had her live in boy friend buy her house when the bank said they wanted it back, after she didn't make her payments.

But they didn't have sex. They just ate pringles and watched Sandra Bullock movies, and blew each other kisses goodnight (in separate bedrooms, in full body pajamas, and nightcaps).

Coons, 47, has already been targeted by Republicans for an article he wrote for the Amherst College newspaper when he was 21 -- a piece entitled "Chris Coons: The Making of a Bearded Marxist."

Coons wrote about his political evolution from a conservative college student who founded the Amherst College Republicans into a Democrat suspicious of America's power and ideals. The transformation, he said, came during a trip to Kenya.

FOXNews.com - 46 Days to Decide: Dem Candidate Coons Comes Under Scrutiny in Delaware Senate Race

If this didn't happen on such a tediously regular basis, how the right gets this story wrong would be hilarious.

]Seems like a pretty main stream Christian Belief to me.[/B] Maybe not the Anti Human part, but the idea that contraception is wrong is nothing new to many Devout Christians. I don't happen to agree with her. Would like to know if that is something she plans on Pushing for if Elected.

no, i dont think most Christians think condom or birth control is wrong if done by two married people. sorry, i disagree

If this didn't happen on such a tediously regular basis, how the right gets this story wrong would be hilarious.

If you have the proof, otherwise, I'd like to see it...

Forum List

Back