Oden is a pretty cool God.

R

rdean

Oden.jpg

I think Oden is a pretty cool God.

Odin Pictures

And his son, "Thor"? So cool.

ThorMonarque.JPG

Except for the outfits, they look very familiar.

god.jpg

I think this is a religion Confederate America could get behind.

I got a real appreciation for Norse mythology after reading a Douglas Adams book which had Odin and Thor in it. It made me go out and read up on them. Some seriously awesome stuff in those stories.

The book was "Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul" (The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) for those interested. Adams was a funny, funny writer. Check him out if you like to laugh.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Hitchhikers-Guide-Deluxe/dp/B001O96N4S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1273986707&sr=8-2]Amazon.com: The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide Deluxe Edition: Douglas Adams: Books[/ame]

I have this. such awesome contained in one book

I would take the battle at Valhalla over the book of revelations stuff any day

I thought Odin had one eye

I think he gave it in order to "see" the end of the Gods in hopes of stopping it.

If you are really interested in the story of the Norse Gods, I think you can find most of the legend in the Elder Edda or the Younger Edda(I think there are several books(at least 2) where one pertains mostly to the Mythology and the other to the laws that govern society, agriculture and advise on the ways of man and how to deal with them.)

The Poetic Edda Index

Is a link to the "poetic" edda

Forum List

Back