Odds of GOP Winning Delaware Collapses

Care is correct. The 09 budget with the $1.4 trillion deficit is Bush's, not Obama's. That was the last budget he signed. Obama's stimulus added $100 million.

In the corporate world, when a new CEO is hired by a company generating massive losses, the new CEO is not blamed for the massive losses. That is on the old CEO. So if those of us who say that government should be run more like a business, why would we judge the Presidency any differently?

Now if the new CEO also generates big losses, he too will be seen as having not dealt with the problem. So too if Obama doesn't deal with the deficit, it will also be on his plate.

In fairness to Bush (and Obama) the massive deficits are structural and due primarily to laws passed before Bush came into office. But Bush is at least partly responsible for the laws he passed which increased the deficit. They are

Medicare part D
Two unfunded wars
Tax cuts

Similarly, the stimulus (which is 40% tax cuts) is on Obama, as will be healthcare reform if turns out to be deficit-generating.
excuse me, bush didnt pass ANY laws
thats CONGRESS

btw, Obama had a hand in the 09 budget

Last edited:
Sometimes you have to lose a battle to win the war. I'd rather A REAL CONSERVATIVE lose to COONS than have Castle or any other RINO. RINOs are going extinct. We need to keep it that way or the entire cycle starts over again.......We win a majority but a handful of RINOs hijack the agenda. Fuck that.

There aren't enough conservatives in America to win without the moderates, aka "RINOs."

Not this time around. The economy is in the shitter. "Conservatives" strongly agree on fiscal issues. The only time there is major disagreement amongst us is on the "social" issues. Personally, I have no problem with socially moderate Republicans and neither do most conservatives. But any Republican that supports cap-n-trade or Obamacare is not a fiscal conservative and therefore a RINO. They need to get the fuck out of our party. There is a party for tax and spend liberals - it starts with a D. The took over the congress in 2007 and the deficit has gone from 160 billion to 1.6 TRILLION. No thanks!!

This cycle, It's the economy stupid, and Republican Voters want FISCAL conservatives. That is what we are going to have, even if we lose Delaware.

Yup, and you guys would sure like to keep the economy in the shitter. You did that for eight years, damned near put us into the Second Great Republican Depression. As far as I can see, you and your policies are just begging for a chance to get it right this time.

The President submits a budget to Congress. The OMB assists the President in developing the budget. The President lays out his budget propsals in the State of the Union address.

Of course the President plays a role in the budgeting process. If not, I guess it was Tip O'Neil who cut taxes, not Ronald Reagan. Nor should we call them "the Bush tax cuts."

So the Bush budget was awful until the day Obama was inaugurated that's when recovery began and the recession ended 6 months later, but then Obama realized, "Hey, what the fuck? I inherited a bad economy from Booooosh! and the economy promptly tanked or continued to grow depending on who ya talk to

The President submits a budget to Congress. The OMB assists the President in developing the budget. The President lays out his budget propsals in the State of the Union address.

Of course the President plays a role in the budgeting process. If not, I guess it was Tip O'Neil who cut taxes, not Ronald Reagan. Nor should we call them "the Bush tax cuts."
and didnt the dems declare his budget DOA?
sorry, congress writes the final budget
the POTUS gets to sign or veto, and then congress can over ride

and i'd have no problem calling the tax cuts the congressional tax cuts
when congress was GOP
lol

Last edited:
So the Bush budget was awful until the day Obama was inaugurated that's when recovery began and the recession ended 6 months later, but then Obama realized, "Hey, what the fuck? I inherited a bad economy from Booooosh! and the economy promptly tanked or continued to grow depending on who ya talk to

No that's not it.

Many "RINOs" are social liberals and have been purged in the primary process over the years. This year its not the focus because the economy is not the focus.

As for not disagreeing on fiscal issues, are you fucking kidding me? Only if by "not disagreeing" you mean "deficits don't matter." And don't hand this nonsense that Cheney isn't a conservative. Reagan presided over the biggest deficits in peacetime history until that time. FFS, conservatives swallowed that Laffer Curve bullshit hook line and sinker. "Tax cuts, tax cuts, tax cuts." That's all we have heard for 30 years. We didn't hear "Balanced budget, balanced budget, balanced budget." Bush's tax cuts caused the debt to increase $1.5-$2 trillion. How many conservatives were up in arms back then? They weren't.

I'm glad that the GOP and conservatives are mouthing "fiscal discipline." Its a nice change. But even today, they don't give you much in what they are actually going to cut, except for "waste" and "Obamacare."

As for the Dems taking over Congress, please show what exactly the Dems passed which caused the budget deficit to skyrocket. Republicans controlled capitol hill for most of the time since 1994, and the Presidency since 2000. Most of the budget deficit is because of non-discretionary programs. Those issues are structural. The GOP exacerbated those structural issues by increasing spending and cutting taxes.

You are preaching to the choir is some respects. Here is the bottom line - CONSERVATIVES are united. We want FISCAL DISCIPLINE. "Republicans" - especially the tin-eared leadership - need to embrace this concept or we'll vote them out. That is what happened to Murkowski, Spector, Castle, etc.. The Republican party will either step up and be FISCALLY CONSERVATIVE or they'll be replaced. It is really that simple.

Once they have the House back, the Republicans need to walk the walk- If they don't, they'll be bounced out.

i consider myself to be a conservative, and if i lived in DE, i'd slit my wrists before i'd vote for odonnell.
Good for you. I'd take her over a bearded marxist who never met a tax increase he didn't love, any day.

Personally, if I had to live in Delaware I'd slit my wrists. :lol:

From Intrade

chart127901286403440585.png

Before Christine O'Donnell was nominated the Republican nominee in Delaware for the Senate, the odds were 90% the Republicans would win. Now, it is 15%.

That doesn't mean she won't win. Sometimes prediction markets are wrong. However, they usually are not.

Intrade Prediction Markets

O'Donnell pre-primary had about 24K in the bank for her campaign and in one single week she has raised 10 MILLION dollars.

The forces are in place now--the advertising campaign is ON--and in fact it would surprise me if she didn't win this senate seat.
Didn't she use her campaign money to pay her personal expenses?

I thought that was a big NO NO among conservatives...not to mention illegal.

:eusa_eh:
No, she didn't.

You are preaching to the choir in some respects. Here is the bottom line - CONSERVATIVES (who are not neccesarily REPUBLICANS) are united. We want FISCAL DISCIPLINE. "Republicans" - especially the tin-eared leadership who are not neccesarily Conservative - need to embrace this concept or we'll vote them out. That is what happened to Murkowski, Spector, Castle, etc.. The Republican party will either step up and be FISCALLY CONSERVATIVE or they'll be replaced. It is really that simple. No more games.

Once they have the House back, the Republicans need to walk the walk- If they don't, they'll be bounced out.

I take you at your word Zander when you say you are one of those conservatives who believe in tax cuts and less spending, and deficits matter. But you have been in the minority over the past generation or two, and have been a dwindling minority on the right. That is not what mainstream conservatives have been saying. And I say they are "conservatives" because that's what they call themselves.
We agree far more than we disagree. The whole tea party movement is a manifestation of voter angst and frustration at the inability of the politicians to act fiscally responsibly. They are spending OUR money like it is a poker chip! Spending and entitlements are out of control and we have got to stop it NOW. That is why the Tea Party movement has such momentum - it's the SPENDING STUPID!!! :lol:

This country has a SPENDING problem. Not an INCOME problem.

Forum List

Back