Odds of GOP Winning Delaware Collapses

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
From Intrade

chart127901286403440585.png

Before Christine O'Donnell was nominated the Republican nominee in Delaware for the Senate, the odds were 90% the Republicans would win. Now, it is 15%.

That doesn't mean she won't win. Sometimes prediction markets are wrong. However, they usually are not.

Intrade Prediction Markets

So? We stopped a RINO who voted with the Democrats. I'd rather clean out the RINO's than start the same cycle we've seen since 1996 where a handful of RINO's hold the conservatives hostage. We need FISCAL CONSERVATIVES - not RINO's who support cap-n-trade, higher taxes, and Obamacare.

So? We stopped a RINO who voted with the Democrats. I'd rather clean out the RINO's than start the same cycle we've seen since 1996 where a handful of RINO's hold the conservatives hostage. We need FISCAL CONSERVATIVES - not RINO's who support cap-n-trade, higher taxes, and Obamacare.

In other words, its better to have someone in office who disagrees with us most of the time than someone who disagrees with us some of the time.

In other words, its better to have someone in office who disagrees with us most of the time than someone who disagrees with us some of the time.

this is the dilemma we face when it comes to voting third party or not.

You have to wonder how many people are lying to the pollsters about who they intend to vote for in order to mess with the polling numbers.

In Chicago, they used to refer to this as the "Royko Effect", after SunTimes columnist Mike Royko, when he suggested his readers should do this.

A few candidates got a real surprise when the election results did not match up with the exit polling.

Sometimes you have to lose a battle to win the war. I'd rather A REAL CONSERVATIVE lose to COONS than have Castle or any other RINO. RINOs are going extinct. We need to keep it that way or the entire cycle starts over again.......We win a majority but a handful of RINOs hijack the agenda. Fuck that.

You have to wonder how many people are lying to the pollsters about who they intend to vote for in order to mess with the polling numbers.

In Chicago, they used to refer to this as the "Royko Effect", after SunTimes columnist Mike Royko, when he suggested his readers should do this.

A few candidates got a real surprise when the election results did not match up with the exit polling.

PERFECT!!!

Anyone who intends to vote for ANYONE other than the dim,

just LIE!

They'll sit on their hineys Nov 3,

with their visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads!

Oh, WOW!

I'm going to EVERY poll I can walk into,

JUST so I can walk out,

and LIE through my tooth! :lol:

San Antonio is only two hours away,

Austin one more after SA,

cripes! I could be a LEGEND! :rofl:

Sometimes you have to lose a battle to win the war. I'd rather A REAL CONSERVATIVE lose to COONS than have Castle or any other RINO. RINOs are going extinct. We need to keep it that way or the entire cycle starts over again.......We win a majority but a handful of RINOs hijack the agenda. Fuck that.

There aren't enough conservatives in America to win without the moderates, aka "RINOs."

From Intrade

chart127901286403440585.png

Before Christine O'Donnell was nominated the Republican nominee in Delaware for the Senate, the odds were 90% the Republicans would win. Now, it is 15%.

That doesn't mean she won't win. Sometimes prediction markets are wrong. However, they usually are not.

Intrade Prediction Markets

O'Donnell pre-primary had about 24K in the bank for her campaign and in one single week she has raised 10 MILLION dollars.

The forces are in place now--the advertising campaign is ON--and in fact it would surprise me if she didn't win this senate seat.

There aren't enough conservatives in America to win without the moderates, aka "RINOs."

Not this time around. The economy is in the shitter. "Conservatives" strongly agree on fiscal issues. The only time there is major disagreement amongst us is on the "social" issues. Personally, I have no problem with socially moderate Republicans and neither do most conservatives. But any Republican that supports cap-n-trade or Obamacare is not a fiscal conservative and therefore a RINO. They need to get the fuck out of our party. There is a party for tax and spend liberals - it starts with a D. The took over the congress in 2007 and the deficit has gone from 160 billion to 1.6 TRILLION. No thanks!!

This cycle, It's the economy stupid, and Republican Voters want FISCAL conservatives. That is what we are going to have, even if we lose Delaware.

Last edited:

Oh, MANG!

Talk about having your finger on the very PULSE!!!

CUDOS! yes, it's usually spelled with a K, but hey!

There's this new thang?

Called voting your BELIEFS?

And casting your vote for the BEST candidate?

REGARDLESS of party affiliation,

which, amazingly enough, LOTS of us can DO.

You and your shepherd are SO fucked...

Last edited:

PERFECT!!!

Anyone who intends to vote for ANYONE other than the dim,

just LIE!

They'll sit on their hineys Nov 3,

with their visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads!

Oh, WOW!

JUST so I can walk out,

and LIE through my tooth! :lol:

cripes! I could be a LEGEND! :rofl:

You just don't get it, do you?

What the people did was went in and voted, then when they came out and the exit pollers asked who they voted for, they lied and named the other candidate.

Local TV projected some races by a large margin, and when the results came in a few of the "winners" ended up losing. The ones who did end up winning saw those margins shrink to only a couple percentage points. The TV stations went into a rage because they were so sure of their results. One aldermanic candidate spent a small fortune on a recount, only to lose that too.

It didn't make a huge difference, bit it did cause the local networks to stop exit polling.

I agree. Swing voters, such as myself, view Obama as too far to the left. That doesn't mean we're particularly interested in off the wall people from the far right.

I don't live in Delaware. But I'm suspicious of some of these teapartiers. I don't care for that woman Palin, and she's a big part of that movement. The whole movement seems too reactionary, ridiculing Obama too much with disrespectful pictures, and all sorts of other antics that turn me off.

I also wonder at their ethnic make up. Now I'm no politically correct, we have to have a multi-cultural love fest type. But, if the conservative movement can't attract non-Whites, theres something wrong and it isn't sustainable. Non-Whites are rapidly growing in numbers, and need to be a part of any valid movement. There is an percentage of the tea party movement that wants to turn back the clock on that reality.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Since we haven't voted, yet,

and since the topic was How The Votes Will (future tense) Fall,

I wEnder if YOU don't get it...

if christine o'donnell is an example of the *best* candidate the republican party can put forward for the senate, they should really fold up their tent.

she wouldn't know a conservative if one bit her in the ass, and i think a day of real work would kill her. she's just another sleaze, period.

blah, blah, blah...

I also wonder at their ethnic make up. Now I'm no politically correct, we have to have a multi-cultural love fest type. But, if the conservative movement can't attract non-Whites, theres something wrong and it isn't sustainable. Non-Whites are rapidly growing in numbers, and need to be a part of any valid movement. There is an percentage of the tea party movement that wants to turn back the clock on that reality.

Do you actually have to COUNT the colors of the folks that are voting,

while calling yourself a non-racist liberal, just "looking out for" the minorities?

You truly need to get out, more.

Down here in Texas? We're AMERICANS first. Fuck. If ANYONE has a Majority of Hispanic folks, WE DO,

and THEY vote Repug.

It's our Bleeding Hearts and white trash that vote dim.

Since we haven't voted, yet,

and since the topic was How The Votes Will (future tense) Fall,

I wEnder if YOU don't get it...

Well, if you're going to put it that way...

JUST so I can walk out,

and LIE through my tooth!

Why would you need to walk into EVERY poll, JUST so you can walk out?

Why does it matter that San Antonio is two hours away?

What's the difference that Austin is one more after SA?

You knew what I was saying, you're just playing dumb. Or lying through your "tooth".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back