Oddly Long Time Coming

Why should the teams have to pick up the tab?

This should be the players responsibility to hire their own interpreter or learn English.

This should be the players responsibility to hire their own interpreter or learn English.

Players union

Unions in general are a joke. The players unions are the biggest of them all.

This is a players cost of doing business. If I joined a Chinese basketball league I would expect to hire my own interpreter or learn mandarin.

Not the teams, ultimately it will be the fans who pick up the tab.

Last time I went to the DMV, I was behind a group of non english speaking Hispanic men, and 4 of them got to "help" a mexican person pass his test. I am totally amazed, as they say only one person at a time can take the test.... When I complain about it, I get the Evil eye from a old mexican harpy...? REALY? Racism? Then they pass the motor voter initiative in Colorado so these same illegal cheaters can now VOTE. Wow. Racism? What the hell is really going on here?

Last time I went to the DMV, I was behind a group of non english [sic] speaking Hispanic men, and 4 of them got to "help" a mexican [sic] person pass his test. I am totally amazed, as they say only one person at a time can take the test.... When I complain about it, I get the Evil eye from a old mexican [sic] harpy...? REALY? Racism? Then they pass the motor voter initiative in Colorado so these same illegal cheaters can now VOTE. Wow. Racism? What the hell is really going on here?

Wow, what are the odds that YOU, of all people, would have a traumatizing experience with someone you assumed was Mexican? Once again, you are a helpless victim of the Mexican people for whom you have so much irrational hate, AND you must suffer the additional outrage of being identified as the brainless, whiny bigot that you are. Oh, the humanity!

Last time I went to the DMV, I was behind a group of non english speaking Hispanic men, and 4 of them got to "help" a mexican person pass his test. I am totally amazed, as they say only one person at a time can take the test.... When I complain about it, I get the Evil eye from a old mexican harpy...? REALY? Racism? Then they pass the motor voter initiative in Colorado so these same illegal cheaters can now VOTE. Wow. Racism? What the hell is really going on here?

Wow if this is true it's crazy. My wife isn't native English speaker and we had to buy the Florida drivers manual In Russian off Amazon so she could study then she had to take the test in English with no help. I tried to see if I could help her but they didn't allow.

The article makes it sound like Spanish speakers have been neglected. The Japanese speaker who requested an interpreter wasn't neglected because he handled that detail himself?!

So now there's an edict that all teams have Spanish interpreters standing by. It seems to me the informal way it was handled before with fellow teammates helping each other was pretty nice. You know, teammates being teammates. Oh well.

Forum List

Back