Odd Little Moment at the CEO Meeting

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Hummmmm.

November 07, 2010 9:10 AM

There was an odd little moment with Spice Jet founder Bhupendra Kansagra when President Obama spoke to CEOs Saturday in Mumbai.

MR. KANSAGRA: Thank you. Welcome, Mr. President, to India. As a fellow Kenyan, I’m very proud to see that you have made --

THE PRESIDENT: Made something of myself. (Laughter.)

MR. KANSAGRA: -- India as the focus of your drive for exports out of the U.S.

Obviously the president is not a Kenyan. One supposes Mr. Kansagra meant "of Kenyan ancestry" or something.

- Jake Tapper

from and LOTS of comments.
Odd Little Moment at the CEO Meeting - Political Punch

Actually, he said "Kennyan". They're both huge fans of South Park.

kenny.jpg

Another member alerted me to this Jake Tapper bit earlier this morning, and it's just one more such interesting little tidbit that add fuels to the "birther' theories.

As the member (I'll leave it to him to identify himself since he communicated via PM) observed, Tapper is maybe the most objective and least wingnut reporter/commentator ABC has. So is he teasing?

Hummmmm.

There was an odd little moment with Spice Jet founder Bhupendra Kansagra when President Obama spoke to CEOs Saturday in Mumbai.

MR. KANSAGRA: Thank you. Welcome, Mr. President, to India. As a fellow Kenyan, I’m very proud to see that you have made --

Obviously the president is not a Kenyan. One supposes Mr. Kansagra meant "of Kenyan ancestry" or something.

- Jake Tapper

HUBRIS ALERT!! I wonder whether Jake was just being kind or whether he felt Obama's high opinion of himself seeping out of this. To our President his favorite words seem to be: "Me, I, and Myself."

JM

:lol:
Hummmmm.

- Jake Tapper

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You must have the POX. Not a single liturd showed up!

Well, the folks over there seem fascinated with his teleprompter, and who knows what they mean?

From the HindustanTimes:

New Delhi, November 08, 2010

Namaste India! In all likelihood that will be silver-tongued Barack Obama's opening line when he addresses the Indian parliament on Monday evening. But to help him pronounce Hindi words correctly will be a teleprompter which the US president uses ever so often for his hypnotising related stories

According to parliament sources, a technical team from the US has helped the Lok Sabha secretariat install textbook-sized panes of glass around the podium that will give cues to Obama on his prepared remarks to 780 Indian MPs on the evening of Nov 8.

It will be a 20-minute speech at Parliament House's Central Hall that has been witness to some historic events, including first prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru's "tryst with destiny" speech when India became independent.

Obama will make history for more than one reason during the Nov 6-9 visit. This will be the first time a teleprompter will be used in the nearly 100-feet high dome-shaped hall that has portraits of eminent national leaders adorning its walls.

Indian politicians are known for making impromptu long speeches and perhaps that is why some parliament officials, who did not wish to be named, sounded rather surprised with the idea of a teleprompter for Obama.

"We thought Obama is a trained orator and skilled in the art of mass address with his continuous eye contact," an official, who did not wish to be identified because of security restrictions, said.

Obama is known to captivate audiences with his one-liners that sound like extempore and his deep gaze. But few in India know that the US president always carries the teleprompter with him wherever he speaks.

Teleprompters, also called autocue or telescript, are mostly used by TV anchors to read out texts scrolling on a screen and attached to a camera in front of them. . . .

Obama to use teleprompter for Hindi speech - Hindustan Times

Hummmmm.

- Jake Tapper

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You must have the POX. Not a single liturd showed up!

I'll wait until the thing goes viral among the rabid right. Whether or not it was meaningful, this tidbit could undoubtedly trump all other combined efforts of the two governments on all news outlets.

Well, the folks over there seem fascinated with his teleprompter, and who knows what they mean?

From the HindustanTimes:

New Delhi, November 08, 2010

Namaste India! In all likelihood that will be silver-tongued Barack Obama's opening line when he addresses the Indian parliament on Monday evening. But to help him pronounce Hindi words correctly will be a teleprompter which the US president uses ever so often for his hypnotising related stories

According to parliament sources, a technical team from the US has helped the Lok Sabha secretariat install textbook-sized panes of glass around the podium that will give cues to Obama on his prepared remarks to 780 Indian MPs on the evening of Nov 8.

It will be a 20-minute speech at Parliament House's Central Hall that has been witness to some historic events, including first prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru's "tryst with destiny" speech when India became independent.

Obama will make history for more than one reason during the Nov 6-9 visit. This will be the first time a teleprompter will be used in the nearly 100-feet high dome-shaped hall that has portraits of eminent national leaders adorning its walls.

Indian politicians are known for making impromptu long speeches and perhaps that is why some parliament officials, who did not wish to be named, sounded rather surprised with the idea of a teleprompter for Obama.

"We thought Obama is a trained orator and skilled in the art of mass address with his continuous eye contact," an official, who did not wish to be identified because of security restrictions, said.

Obama is known to captivate audiences with his one-liners that sound like extempore and his deep gaze. But few in India know that the US president always carries the teleprompter with him wherever he speaks.

Teleprompters, also called autocue or telescript, are mostly used by TV anchors to read out texts scrolling on a screen and attached to a camera in front of them. . . .

Obama to use teleprompter for Hindi speech - Hindustan Times

Why shouldn't he use a teleprompter? Is there some vast difference between thumbing through a loose-leaf binder of triple spaced script and using a teleprompter?

Hummmmm.

- Jake Tapper

Your life is an odd little moment.

Hummmmm.

- Jake Tapper

Your life is an odd little moment.

as is yours..:lol:

Hummmmm.

- Jake Tapper

You just hush that "Obama is a Kenyan!" talk right now, young lady, and for one good reason: "President Joseph Biden".

Hummmmm.

- Jake Tapper

You just hush that "Obama is a Kenyan!" talk right now, young lady, and for one good reason: "President Joseph Biden".

:eek:
I behave, I promise.:lol:

Forum List

Back