Octuplets' Mom: Wanted Big Family to Compensate for Isolation of Her Childhood

I don't see how it's a question of the doctor's political views. More a question of his/her bank account.

true.

but my question had more to do with questioning the response of many posters that the doctor should either be responsible for financing the babies, or that the doctor should not have been allowed to do the implant.

and how that response relates back to liberalism v. conservativism

I don't think it relates much.

Just so you know RGS, I will ALWAYS side in the best interest of the CHILDREN, no matter what the issue. They have no voice in this world, and need advocates to fight for their rights. There are some parents out there, believe it or not, that DON'T have the best interest of children in mind. Who is going to save them?

:clap2:

and this is one of them 14 children, no means of supporting them, no father, except a syringe, no home, she lives with mama in a 3 bedroom house that's 17 people in a three bedroom house and she suffers from depression.. Remember that bozo in Texas.? The state of Calfiornia should check on these children daily.. and pull the doctor's license. I read the other day it costs approx 35 million dollars to raise and educate 14 children..

$35 million? That seems way too high. And I think RGS is right. Just because she has them all doesn't mean that she's unfit. There ARE two other adults in the household. If she neglects them, then there is a case for taking them away. Until then, I don't see a problem with it.

she is unfit. Cause she cannot pay for their needs. That' s unfit in my booK. You cannot have 14 children and expect others to foot the bill and call yourself fit. It's just insane that you deem her fit. Dayuuuum!

WillowTree, I don't want to derail this thread, but I had the impression that more people were outraged about the Duggar family having their 18th child than this single women having octoplets. In the former case, the family was an intact family with a mother home full-time, and a Dad who provided for the family.
I agree with you. I remember that thread. The outrage was equal if not more against the Duggars.

WillowTree, I don't want to derail this thread, but I had the impression that more people were outraged about the Duggar family having their 18th child than this single women having octoplets. In the former case, the family was an intact family with a mother home full-time, and a Dad who provided for the family.

I didn't know about the Duggars. I will have to go read about them.. But yes, if they can afford them they can have them. I would not utter a peep about this bimbo if she had the money to take care of them.

$35 million? That seems way too high. And I think RGS is right. Just because she has them all doesn't mean that she's unfit. There ARE two other adults in the household. If she neglects them, then there is a case for taking them away. Until then, I don't see a problem with it.

Time will tell if she is able. It seems like from an article linked here last week that she doesn't have the help of two other people. My concern is that no matter how well off she may be, how thinly can she spread her love and affection among 14 kids? Especially if she has emotional issues already? I doubt she will lose the kids, unless she really cracks. She will get donations and help from strangers. Hopefully the kids will manage among themselves to have a healthy childhood. I do feel sorry for the oldest, the 7 year old, who will probably be doing a lot of babysitting and not much regular kid stuff any more.

:clap2:

and this is one of them 14 children, no means of supporting them, no father, except a syringe, no home, she lives with mama in a 3 bedroom house that's 17 people in a three bedroom house and she suffers from depression.. Remember that bozo in Texas.? The state of Calfiornia should check on these children daily.. and pull the doctor's license. I read the other day it costs approx 35 million dollars to raise and educate 14 children..

she is unfit. Cause she cannot pay for their needs. That' s unfit in my booK. You cannot have 14 children and expect others to foot the bill and call yourself fit. It's just insane that you deem her fit. Dayuuuum!

Maybe her family wants to foot the bill. Neither one of us knows the specifics. There is nothing that says she is unfit because she had 14 children. I don't know their financial situation. I didn't say she was fit, I said that none of the arguments means that she is unfit. Everything stated is mere speculation. If she has already been deemed unfit, I'm sure the state would have the ball rolling to remove the children from the home.

Time will tell if she is able. It seems like from an article linked here last week that she doesn't have the help of two other people. My concern is that no matter how well off she may be, how thinly can she spread her love and affection among 14 kids? Especially if she has emotional issues already? I doubt she will lose the kids, unless she really cracks. She will get donations and help from strangers. Hopefully the kids will manage among themselves to have a healthy childhood. I do feel sorry for the oldest, the 7 year old, who will probably be doing a lot of babysitting and not much regular kid stuff any more.

exactly, the 7 year old will be forced child labor.

My grandmother had 13 kids. I heard the story that one of my uncles ran away from home because he said that every time he came home from school, momma was having a baby. He was only gone a couple of hours though. But I have no doubt it will affect some of the other kids. That's when the mother has to step in and give that child what they need.

The veil of secrecy octuplets' mother Nadya Suleman shrouded herself in for more than a week was lifted Thursday with the release of public documents showing that the 33-year-old struggled with depression for years until she finally began to realize her childhood dream of having a huge family.

Suleman, who now has 14 children, told doctors she battled with depression for years after she was injured in a riot in 1999 at the state mental hospital where she worked.

The doctors' reports were included in more than 300 pages of documents released to The Associated Press by the state Division of Workers' Compensation on the same day NBC released excerpts of Suleman's first interview since giving birth last month. Among other things, the documents reveal that Suleman collected more than $165,000 in disability payments between 2002 and 2008 for an injury she said left her in near-constant pain and helped end her marriage.

FOXNews.com - Octuplets' Mom: Wanted Big Family to Compensate for Isolation of Her Childhood - Pregnancy

now to me this is a perfect example of someone who should not breed. Unwed, no visable means of support, lives with mom and dad in a 3 bedroom house and she is bringing home 8 babies to the six she already has.. What a loser. And, she did it on purpose.

Her husband divorced her in 2008, was that before or after she had the 6 embryos implanted?

My grandmother had 13 kids. I heard the story that one of my uncles ran away from home because he said that every time he came home from school, momma was having a baby. He was only gone a couple of hours though. But I have no doubt it will affect some of the other kids. That's when the mother has to step in and give that child what they need.

I think it was easier in the past to have large families because usually people were part of large extended families so there were more adult relatives around to provide guidance and care. Also, expectations and responsibilities of parents were different in past generations. Now people hire nannies, even when they have just one kid. I'm sure there are as many good nannies as bad parents out there but still, it seems like kids are not always getting a stable homelife, regardless of their economic situation.

what a fucking breeder. She'll be on welfare within 5 years.

Maybe her family wants to foot the bill. Neither one of us knows the specifics. There is nothing that says she is unfit because she had 14 children. I don't know their financial situation. I didn't say she was fit, I said that none of the arguments means that she is unfit. Everything stated is mere speculation. If she has already been deemed unfit, I'm sure the state would have the ball rolling to remove the children from the home.

Oh, please. The state is so concerned with keeping kids with their parents that they will let a child die rather than take it from an unfit parent.

I could give you several examples but they just make me sick and angry.

I think it was easier in the past to have large families because usually people were part of large extended families so there were more adult relatives around to provide guidance and care.

plus like birth control and ah religion...

so i'll ask again...

how many are in favor of a government imposed limit and or test prior to the embryo implant?

forget the conservative v. liberal (v. fascists) aspect.

personally, i'm torn. sure there could be mental test, but how do give that? sure there could be a financial test, but i'm sure i favor that either.

on the other hand given what we know bout this mother we're devouring seems like limiting her to say 1-2 implants would have been ah reasonable? no?

I've got to agree with RGS. Unless this woman, as loony as she sounds, is proven to be an unfit mother no one should dream of taking her kids away.

And who even knows if adopting them out would be for the best? You'd split up eight siblings from each other and all the other kids in the family would be split from them as well.

so i'll ask again...

how many are in favor of a government imposed limit and or test prior to the embryo implant?

personally, i'm torn. sure there could be mental test, but how do give that? sure there could be a financial test, but i'm sure i favor that either.

on the other hand given what we know bout this mother we're devouring seems like limiting her to say 1-2 implants would have been ah reasonable? no?
I dunno...will be issuing licenses to have sex, too?

It's none of our business until it becomes our business...if it ever becomes our business...her husband is responsible for the other 6 kids she has had, if she had them implanted during their marriage.

These other 8 children are not his responsibility if she was impregnated with them after they were legally separated or divorced but if beforehand, he might have some liability there as well.

Regardless, it is none of our business....absolutely none, unless she is found to be an unfit mother.

Money is not a requirement to have one child or 20 children and it shouldn't be, as far as our government is concerned....as long as they are fit parents or a fit parent.

What in the Constitution gives any of you the right to take this woman's children away from her, or to tell her how many children she can have?

I'll spell it out for you...NONE.

Just remember that.....NONE.

NONE, NADA, ZILCH, NOTHING, NIENTE gives the government this power.

She has the right to control her own body....i thought the prochoicers thought? So now there is exceptions? I don't get it?

And to the prolifers on here bashing her as well....you want to force women to have babies they don't want, but you want to tell a woman who does want them that she can't have them or she can have only what YOU determine is the right number?

What a bunch of hypocrites you all really are....

It's none of your business....if she was an unfit mother, then i am certain this would have gotten the attention of the state by now...7 years after the fact.

If she had suffered from post-partum depression like andrea yates she would have had medical records of such and the State would be looking down her throat...especially now....

It's none of our business, we are suppose to live in a free country and child birth or not to child birth in NONE of my business and is none of yours either....period!

sure speculation is acceptable, and us thinking she has got to be out of her mind to want this....but that is because it is something that we don't want for ourselves... she has the freedom to make that choice for herself...to be a parent to one, none, or 20.

I agree with RGS on rare occasions and this is one of them.

care

so i'll ask again...

I don't think a financial test is necessary but I also don't think insurance should pay for any more implants once she's had, say , two children.

I do think doctors should be more cognizant of the signs of mental illness. If this doctor knew she wanted kids to cure her of depression that should have sent up a red flag. That she already had 6 should have sent up another.

I favor regulation the limits implants of no more than 2 at a time unless the patient agrees in writing to abort extra fetuses that form or take hold.

This should never happen to any other mother or children again.

People will end up going to Brazil though. Some people are child hoarders.

New Topics

Forum List

Back