Octuplets' Mom: Wanted Big Family to Compensate for Isolation of Her Childhood

Once again this is nothing more than a witch hunt. BURN the WITCH. Take her kids, she must be crazy. She can not take care of them, she is hoarding children ( from whom exactly by the way?).

Big Brother should step in and rip this family apart cause a bunch of retards on a message board think it is wrong and ohh so bad to actually want lots of kids.

My mother came from a family of 10 kids. I guess we should dig my grandmother up and hang her from the nearest tree too? I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters. Tell me is 5 to many? Should we dig up my mom and hang her too?

What pray tell is the super secret acceptable number of children a person is ALLOWED to have now a days before the mob starts howling for blood?
not for all of us RGS
had she got her 14 kids through natural means, this wouldnt even be a story
its the fact that she used extraordinary means to do this that is the issue
and not to the point i think she should lose her kids, cause i dont
but i'd like to see some guidelines set up so that someone cant abuse the services like this

I personally would like to know who funded this "implantation" in vitro fertilization is a very expensive deal..wonder why we don't know about that?

I cannot believe that people want to take this woman's children away. You would think that she drowned two of them already. That is pitiful. What if someone wanted to take your child(ren) away from you because they "thought" you were mentally ill or they "thought" you were not financially capable of taking care of yours? How many additional parents will it take to love her 14 children? What should her income be to provide for them financially? How big should her house be? If she can't take care of 14, how many should she be able to keep?

My grandmother had 13 kids and she worked sometimes two jobs. None of them lived in the streets, on welfare, and none went to prison. I don't know what she went through raising 13 kids but I do know that she made it through and never had any government help.

Did your Grandma have 6 of them implanted after already having 6? Did she endanger her life and those of her new babies by having 8 of them at once? Did she do it while not having a job or a husband? How many of her kids were special needs? This woman already has at least one autistic child and you now in that litter of 8, there will be other special needs.

and your grandma is like this woman how exactly??

I don't know Willow because I only know my grandmother and I don't know the other woman. Neither do you.

I know she is unemployed, unwed, and without a home, she did this willfully knowing all three of the above conditions existed. Now I suspect Your grandma had hers one or two at a time, was wed, and had a home.

She was married until some time last year, when she got divorced. Seems to me that more than likely she was still married when she had this invitro done being that it takes 9 months of gestation.

She has a home with her family...and her father said he was going off to Iraq as a translator to earn some big bucks for the grandkids..... I'm certain it does pay BIG BUCKS to be a translator there...

I wouldn't expect any mother of 4 kids at home, to work, so i certainly wouldn't expect someone with more than that to be able to work other than part time.

You do NOT KNOW what she draws in alimony or child support from her exhusband....to be able to make any kind of assumptions Willow....

And rightfully, you have no right to meddle any one elses personal family business, as they have no right to know yours....unless someone is breaking a law of somethin'.

Care

I don't know Willow because I only know my grandmother and I don't know the other woman. Neither do you.

I know she is unemployed, unwed, and without a home, she did this willfully knowing all three of the above conditions existed. Now I suspect Your grandma had hers one or two at a time, was wed, and had a home.

She was married until some time last year, when she got divorced. Seems to me that more than likely she was still married when she had this invitro done being that it takes 9 months of gestation.

She has a home with her family...and her father said he was going off to Iraq as a translator to earn some big bucks for the grandkids..... I'm certain it does pay BIG BUCKS to be a translator there...

I wouldn't expect any mother of 4 kids at home, to work, so i certainly wouldn't expect someone with more than that to be able to work other than part time.

You do NOT KNOW what she draws in alimony or child support from her exhusband....to be able to make any kind of assumptions Willow....

And rightfully, you have no right to meddle any one elses personal family business, as they have no right to know yours....unless someone is breaking a law of somethin'.

Care

One more time, Care, she endangered her life and those of her unborn children by deciding to have 6 embryos implanted and carrying 8 to term. You KNOW that at least some of those 8 will have special needs and she already has at least one with special needs. As I recall, her mother said she wouldn't be there when she got home if she had those 8 kids. So apparently, she doesn't have her mother's support.

She put herself in danger and she put her 6 kids in danger of not having a mother. She did this for HERSELF, not her children.

No one here is meddling. We are stating our opinion of this woman's stupid decision. That's our right, just as it's your right to defend her.

Oh, and btw, she has already hired a spokesperson and is looking for interviews and movie deals. I hardly think that means that it's her own personal business....she is obviously planning on making it EVERYONE'S business, as long as they pay.

Care

One more time, Care, she endangered her life and those of her unborn children by deciding to have 6 embryos implanted and carrying 8 to term. You KNOW that at least some of those 8 will have special needs and she already has at least one with special needs. As I recall, her mother said she wouldn't be there when she got home if she had those 8 kids. So apparently, she doesn't have her mother's support.

She put herself in danger and she put her 6 kids in danger of not having a mother. She did this for HERSELF, not her children.

No one here is meddling. We are stating our opinion of this woman's stupid decision. That's our right, just as it's your right to defend her.

Oh, and btw, she has already hired a spokesperson and is looking for interviews and movie deals. I hardly think that means that it's her own personal business....she is obviously planning on making it EVERYONE'S business, as long as they pay.

If you read any medical books on this Sheila, it says specifically that women with pregnancy and sound decisions, are like oil and vinegar, they do not mix.

I do not blame her for this emotional stance she took, i blame the Doctor advising her and the Doctor that implanted the 6 embryos all at once...IF anyone is to blame.

Her mother won't leave, you can bet on it....the father talked about going to iraq as a translator for some bucks AFTER his wife made her own emotional comment.

Are you saying kids with cerebral palsy aren't worth keeping alive? So what if they have some disabilities....disabilities happen to the children of women having one child at a time as well, so what is your point on this?

Was your life miserable and not worth having because you have children with disabilities, is the lives of your children that miserable? I thought your son just got in to college at 24 and you were overjoyed with such? I don't get it sheila?

And what risk to the mother are you speaking about? ALL MOTHERSof octuplets and septuplets born within the last 20 years have survived....and if one of the babies died, they were destined to be killed anyway, no?

Living Sets
3 or 4 - There are currently three, possibly four sets in the world of septuplets with all seven surviving. There is also a set of 7 surviving octuplets.

1997 - McCaughey (Iowa, November 19 1997) 4 boys, 3 girls, Kenneth 3lbs 4ozs, Brandon 2lbs 14ozs, Nathan 3lbs 3ozs, Joel 2lbs 15ozs, Alexis 2lbs 11ozs, Natalie 2lbs 10ozs and Kelsey 2lbs 5ozs at 31 weeks. The first set in the world to survive.

1998 - Humair/bin Mohammed Sammam (Saudi Arabia, January 14 1998) 4 boys, 3 girls Fahd, Salman, Sultan, Al-Anoud, Hind, Naif and Noura at 32 weeks. The mother was told to expect 4 babies, has 6 other children, and was not trying to get pregnant. She had been given a fertility drug to regulate her menstrual cycle. The father has 2 other wives and 9 other children. The second set in the world to survive.

2008 - Ali/Khamis (Egypt, August 16 2008) 4 boys, 3 girls, Mohammad (Hosni), Kareem (Mubarak), Bilal (Jamal), Yassin (Ala'a), Israa (Suzanne), Habiba (Khadija), Do'a (Jihan). The doctor stated he heard 9 heartbeats and that 2 fetuses were lost in utero. Early reports listed the birth weights from 3.2lbs to 6.17lbs and then later reports (including USA Today) stating they were from 3lbs 3ozs to 4lbs 10ozs. Other reports stated 2lbs 3ozs to 4lbs and 3lbs 2ozs to 6lbs 1ozs. They were born at 34 weeks. They have 3 other children.
Facts About Multiples: Septuplets, Octuplets, Nonuplets and Higher

Care

Are you saying kids with cerebral palsy aren't worth keeping alive? So what if they have some disabilities....disabilities happen to the children of women having one child at a time as well, so what is your point on this?

Was your life miserable and not worth having because you have children with disabilities, is the lives of your children that miserable? I thought your son just got in to college at 24 and you were overjoyed with such? I don't get it sheila?

I can see you don't get it. No one should ever have special needs kids on purpose. No one with 6 kids should put themselves in danger by having 8 kids at once. This woman is having 8 kids KNOWING that at least some of them will be special needs.

My youngest son (21) gets very frustrated not being able to communicate....why would anyone do that to a child on purpose? Sometimes he acts out and puts holes in walls, sometimes he just sits there and cries because he can't tell us what he wants us to know. Why on earth would anyone do that to a child on purpose, and make no mistake, this woman KNEW that if she had 8 kids at once, at least some of them will end up with special needs.

She could have had 2 or even 3 implanted instead of 6.

Worse, she already has 6 kids and no husband. Where is she going to get help with those 8 babies? Yeah, from the 6 kids she has already. I loved my little brother and I think it bothered me the most when he died. I was the first person he called "momma", though I never told my mother that. My mom only had 5 kids, and I had to curtail what I did because I had to take care of my little brother after school. In high school when all my friends were getting jobs, I wasn't allowed because I had to take care of my little brother. Imagine how much worse it will be for those 6 kids?

And my older son is on the Dean's List. I am very proud, it's quite an achievement. His social skills are still bad but he's working on them, and improving. He went though school with virtually NO friends. Who would do that to a person on purpose?

Do you have any kids care? I doubt it, because your focus seems to be on the mother, while my focus is on the kids.

Last edited:
no sheila, my husband and i were unable to have children, i've made that clear many times on this site, i am surprised you were unaware of such.

women have down syndrome babies that they keep, and don't abort....are you saying the gvt should make them abort?

are you in favor of aborting all children with disabilities and give the mothers no choice in the matter, when people like you make it mandatory testing/aborting of such?

the mccaugheys with their septuplets plus another child at home now live in a 6500 sq foot home, at the generosity of others. IS it the generosity of others that you are jealous of sheila? She shouldn't get help from others because you didn't?

sponsors like pampers, and gerbers baby food and dept stores on supplying their clothes all pitched in for the mccaughey septuplets...

i think people causing a fit like you and willow and others for the only case of surviving octuplets in the usa, are the ones hurting these children and their chances of a good life...imo....maybe even preventing the children from getting sponsors....hope you all are happy!!!!

And you say it's the children you care about....hmph!:eusa_whistle: what a bunch of crap....sheila! honestly!!!!!!!

care

no sheila, my husband and i were unable to have children, i've made that clear many times on this site, i am surprised you were unaware of such.

women have down syndrome babies that they keep, and don't abort....are you saying the gvt should make them abort?

are you in favor of aborting all children with disabilities and give the mothers no choice in the matter, when people like you make it mandatory testing/aborting of such?

the mccaugheys with their septuplets plus another child at home now live in a 6500 sq foot home, at the generosity of others. IS it the generosity of others that you are jealous of sheila? She shouldn't get help from others because you didn't?

sponsors like pampers, and gerbers baby food and dept stores on supplying their clothes all pitched in for the mccaughey septuplets...

i think people causing a fit like you and willow and others for the only case of surviving octuplets in the usa, are the ones hurting these children and their chances of a good life...imo....maybe even preventing the children from getting sponsors....hope you all are happy!!!!

And you say it's the children you care about....hmph!:eusa_whistle: what a bunch of crap....sheila! honestly!!!!!!!

care

I'm saying no woman should have 6 embryos implanted because she KNOWS some of her children will be special needs simply because our bodies are not designed to have litters. I'm saying no one should get pregnant with special needs kids ON PURPOSE, and having those 6 babies, she knew some would be special needs.

No one should ever do that to a child ON PURPOSE, EVER!!!!

You can't have kids, adopt. There are millions of children, especially special needs children out there that need parents.

You want a special needs child, adopt one, don't make one on purpose.

BTW, the McCaugheys had fertility drugs, not IVF, they had no idea that they would conceive 7 babies. They had ONE daughter, they were married and self supporting.

"The surviving Dionne quintuplets wrote a letter warning the parents to keep the septuplets out of the public eye and not allow them to fall into the same pitfalls as their parents did, but wished them the best of luck in raising them and their personal congratulations."

The Dionne quintuplets were born without IVF or anything like that and even they want the kids kept out of the puplic eye. This woman has already hired a spokesperson, I think she's surprised she hasn't gotten all the offer's the McCaugheys did.

This woman had 6 implanted in her ON PURPOSE, and against most medical rules.

Forum List

Back