October Surprise? Will Romney Get Outed Lying Under Oath?

On Witness Stand Romney said, “I’m not great at math when I’m on the stand.”

Romney is not good at math off the stand either, and neither is Paul Ryan

[youtube]PrtNHoyxppE[/youtube]

Romney Said Share Class Was Favor to Staples Founder - Businessweek

Romney Created a Special Class of Stock To Screw A Woman

Under a plan approved by Romney and other board members in 1988, Maureen Sullivan Stemberg was given 500,000 shares of Staples common stock, then awarded a special “D’’ class of stock in exchange for those shares. She sold about half of the shares only to learn a year later that the stock was worth more than $22 a share, about 10 times the value of the stock she was awarded by her husband.

In testimony Romney said he backed the deal to give Stemberg’s wife a special class of stock “as a favor to Tom. It was something that was done in my opinion, it was initiated as a favor. Tom needed to have a settlement with his wife so that was the genesis of it.” But Romney insisted the board’s decision was made “in the best interests of the company’s shareholders.”

Romney acknowledged at the time that there were no other cases in which a separate class of securities was created for the benefit of one individual. He also said that as an investor through Bain, he had never seen that kind of a device used before.

:mad:

Romney testimony in Staples founder’s divorce shows he was initially skeptical of store idea - The Washington Post

Romney also said that a new class of shares was created specifically for Stemberg.

“It was initiated as a favor,” Romney testified. “Tom needed to have a settlement with his wife.”

crony capitalism?

Romney Said Share Class Was Favor to Staples Founder - Businessweek

Forum List

Back