October Surprise will be dramatic Sept jobs report improvement

this is entirely possible.

You and gin need less OF the gin, or whatever liquor holds you in the grip of delusions. The President cannot "cook the books". The September jobs report is likely to be just a bit better. We are inching out of the Bush recession, way too slowly. At least Obama didn't send other Americans to die and be maimed to divert attention from his failures, thus they are OBVIOUS.
Care to explain why we have 22 million unemployed Americans?
We don't. We have 12.5 million unemployed in the US. You're adding people not trying to find work and people who have jobs but aren't working as many hours as they want. Why stop there? Add in everyone over 16 who isn't working and you'll have around 100 million. Throw in prisoners and it goes even higher.

Care to explain why we keep losing working Americans from the work force? Yes they obama labor department can cook the books to make it look the way they way it too look.
School, retirements, stay home spouses, mostly.

Would you care to explain the process by which you think the books are cooked (that's you, not some blogger)? I thought not.

Last edited:
You and gin need less OF the gin, or whatever liquor holds you in the grip of delusions. The President cannot "cook the books". The September jobs report is likely to be just a bit better. We are inching out of the Bush recession, way too slowly. At least Obama didn't send other Americans to die and be maimed to divert attention from his failures, thus they are OBVIOUS.
We don't. We have 12.5 million unemployed in the US. You're adding people not trying to find work and people who have jobs but aren't working as many hours as they want. Why stop there? Add in everyone over 16 who isn't working and you'll have around 100 million. Throw in prisoners and it goes even higher.

Care to explain why we keep losing working Americans from the work force? Yes they obama labor department can cook the books to make it look the way they way it too look.

Would you care to explain the process by which you think the books are cooked (that's you, not some blogger)? I thought not.

LOl. Thats easy.

They play with the numbers like they did when then were pushing Obamacare. You know leaving out the doctor fix and the billions they are taking from Medicare.

They gave the CBO numbers that would pass the stink test. Of course after it was passed the CBO got the real numbers and guess what. Obamacare is gonna cost billions more than was first thought.

LOl. Thats easy.

They play with the numbers like they did when then were pushing Obamacare. You know leaving out the doctor fix and the billions they are taking from Medicare.

They gave the CBO numbers that would pass the stink test. Of course after it was passed the CBO got the real numbers and guess what. Obamacare is gonna cost billions more than was first thought.

Since the UE numbers don't go through CBO, it can hardly be like they did.

And there's a huge difference in projections of costs and accounting used to derive costs and benefits than the straightforward statistics of counting people.

Try again. Details...collection, aggregation, review, dissemination...how are the labor force stats cooked?

Liberals media NPR

22 Million Americans Are Unemployed Or Can't Find Full-Time Work : Planet Money : NPR

Liberals media NPR

22 Million Americans Are Unemployed Or Can't Find Full-Time Work : Planet Money : NPR

Aaaah, let's read that headline again....."22 Million Americans are Unemployed Or Can't Find Full-Time Work." So they're not UNemployed, they're not working as many hours as they'd like. Which is what I said. And let's look in the actual article:
More than 12 million Americans are unemployed, according to this morning's big jobs report.
Which is what I said.

But that doesn't include people who are working part-time because they can't find full-time work. Nor does it include people who want a job but haven't looked for one in the past month.

A less widely reported measure — sometimes called broader unemployment, or U-6 — includes both those groups. Some 22 million people fall into this category
Which is also what I said: "You're adding people not trying to find work and people who have jobs but aren't working as many hours as they want."

Thank you for supporting my statements.

Liberals media NPR

Aaaah, let's read that headline again....."22 Million Americans are Unemployed Or Can't Find Full-Time Work." So they're not UNemployed, they're not working as many hours as they'd like. Which is what I said. And let's look in the actual article:
More than 12 million Americans are unemployed, according to this morning's big jobs report.
Which is what I said.

But that doesn't include people who are working part-time because they can't find full-time work. Nor does it include people who want a job but haven't looked for one in the past month.

A less widely reported measure — sometimes called broader unemployment, or U-6 — includes both those groups. Some 22 million people fall into this category
Which is also what I said: "You're adding people not trying to find work and people who have jobs but aren't working as many hours as they want."

It's still 22 million Americans Bub didn't have 22 million Americans under bush at no time in his presidency

Aaaah, let's read that headline again....."22 Million Americans are Unemployed Or Can't Find Full-Time Work." So they're not UNemployed, they're not working as many hours as they'd like. Which is what I said. And let's look in the actual article: Which is what I said.

It's still 22 million Americans Bub didn't have 22 million Americans under bush at no time in his presidency

But it's NOT 22 million Americans Unemployed, as you falsely claimed. But as for at no time under Bush....Yes, it was 22 million in Jan 2009 when he left office. 21 million in Dec 2008. Though I'm not really sure how that's relevant. I'm not claiming things are better than they were under Bush.

Aaaah, let's read that headline again....."22 Million Americans are Unemployed Or Can't Find Full-Time Work." So they're not UNemployed, they're not working as many hours as they'd like. Which is what I said. And let's look in the actual article: Which is what I said.

But it's NOT 22 million Americans Unemployed, as you falsely claimed. But as for at no time under Bush....Yes, it was 22 million in Jan 2009 when he left office. 21 million in Dec 2008. Though I'm not really sure how that's relevant. I'm not claiming things are better than they were under Bush.
It's not falsely claimed anything bub. 22 million Americans MILLION AMERICANS 22 MILLION AMERICANS all on obama's watch.

It's not falsely claimed anything bub. 22 million Americans MILLION AMERICANS 22 MILLION AMERICANS all on obama's watch.

You claimed there were 22 million Americans Unemployed. Unemployed is defined as available to work and actively looked for work in the previous 4 weeks (those on temporary layoff expecting to return don't have to have looked).

There are 12,544,000 Unemployed
2,561,000 Marginally Attached (includes 844,000 Discouraged workers)
8,031,000 Working Part time for economic reasons (5,217,000 due to slack work, 2,507,000 can't find full time job).
So actually 23 million.

You claimed there were 22 million Americans Unemployed. Unemployed is defined as available to work and actively looked for work in the previous 4 weeks (those on temporary layoff expecting to return don't have to have looked).

8,031,000 Working Part time for economic reasons (5,217,000 due to slack work, 2,507,000 can't find full time job).
So actually 23 million.

Poor baby tries so hard to defend obama and can't get the job done. If I were you I would stop now.

So actually 23 million.

Poor baby tries so hard to defend obama and can't get the job done. If I were you I would stop now.

How on Earth am I defending Obama? He has nothing to do with the definitions. And since my number of 23 million is higher than yours...you're just grasping at any straw to avoid admitting any error.

And I'm not holding my breath for your explanation on how the books are cooked.

So actually 23 million.

How on Earth am I defending Obama? He has nothing to do with the definitions. And since my number of 23 million is higher than yours...you're just grasping at any straw to avoid admitting any error.

Yes you are defending obama when the facts show that the numbers of people no longer working and jobs lost do not match the drop in unemployment. We've been through this so many times all you can produce is obama propaganda from the BLS.

Yes you are defending obama when the facts show that the numbers of people no longer working and jobs lost do not match the drop in unemployment.
If they did match, I'd think someone was cooking the books. No longer working, jobs lost, and unemployment are 3 completely different concepts from 2 different surveys which measure different thing.

We've been through this so many times all you can produce is obama propaganda from the BLS.
If you know a better source, share. Gallup figures match BLS and ADP shows more job gains.

Yes you are defending obama when the facts show that the numbers of people no longer working and jobs lost do not match the drop in unemployment.
If they did match, I'd think someone was cooking the books. No longer working, jobs lost, and unemployment are 3 completely different concepts from 2 different surveys which measure different thing.

We've been through this so many times all you can produce is obama propaganda from the BLS.
If you know a better source, share. Gallup figures match BLS and ADP shows more job gains.

You're boring me you need new talking points.

Like everybody already knew: you've got nothing.
You claim propaganda and manipulation, and you just repeat it without a shred of evidence. You just deflect and claim others are partisan.

Like everybody already knew: you've got nothing.
You claim propaganda and manipulation, and you just repeat it without a shred of evidence. You just deflect and claim others are partisan.

I've got the same stuff I have always had just as you do nothing new. As we continue this debate obama's labor department will have the unemployment number under 8% by October. How will you justify that with so many people out of work. Watch while the unemployment numbers drop food stamps usage will rise

over the crummy August one.

It WON't be anything having to do with foreign affairs ie Iran/Israel..

Because Americans are fighting for the very survival here at home.

New unemployment claims edge down, a sign of sluggish job growth

September is looking as if it's going be another sluggish month of job growth.

New claims for jobless benefits remained relatively high last week, confounding analysts' expectations for a sizable drop after a spike in filings the previous week because of Hurricane Isaac.

The jobless claims data, an indicator of layoff trends, suggest the labor market is essentially moving sideways. And that's not a good sign given that the economy added just 96,000 jobs in August and that same number on average over the last six months.

Oh, well. Better luck next month!

uh...no it won't.
September will not be good.

How do you know the September job report won't be good?

If it's good Obama is likely to win, but if it's bad Romney still has a chance to make his case to the American people that the Obama's economic policies have not worked.

millions are still out of work whether they are counted or not on a report from agency A or agency B won't matter just numbers on paper,what matters is if they vote.

So time will tell who will be king

Forum List

Back