October 8, 1979: Carter's Lowest Approval

I was having a much better time in 1979 than 2011

Shit, I barely remember what I was doing in 1979. I think weed was involved, like, lots of weed. And a shroom here and there.. and maybe a Quaalude or two...

:eusa_drool:

A friend of mine was recently cleaning out an old backpack from when he was in college, and he found what is probably the last remaining quaalude on the face of the Earth.

a REAL Lude? seriously? damn....

At this time in his first term, Reagan's approval rating was 45. Obama is at 43.

With a margin of error +/-3, that's a statistical dead heat.

uhm at this date and time in equivalent time space continuum, ala their 3rd sept. in Office, in Sept. `1983, 1.1 million jobs....thats ONE million ONE hundred thousand, in a smaller pop. too, by about 70 million...morning in America.....

in 1997 sept.Clinton created 500k. jobs , in a good economy......

At this time in his first term, Reagan's approval rating was 45. Obama is at 43.

uhm at this date and time in equivalent time space continuum, ala their 3rd sept. in Office, in Sept. `1983, 1.1 million jobs....thats ONE million ONE hundred thousand, in a smaller pop. too, by about 70 million...morning in America.....

First of all, the President doesn't "create" any jobs. Second, it's not the point that the OP was making, nor the point that I was referring to. Misreading and fabricating polling data is a big pet peeve of mine, and the only reason I posted in this thread.

I have no intention of, nor desire to, defend Obama.

was at 29%....

October 8, 2011: Obama's Lowest Approval is 40%

No President after 1945 has come as close to Carter's lowest approval rating at the same point in their presidency as Obama....Even NIXON...EVEN JOHNSON!!!

Presidential Job Approval Center

Mr Barak Hussein Obama needs to step down, and let a Democratic Contender begin the campaign process while there's still time.

Volunteers?

Reagan dropped to 35% and won re-election in a landslide.

What was your point here again?

I'll slow down for you.

Reagan's 35% (January 1983) rating was well before his re-election.

I'd elaborate, but let's see if you can digest this first.

was at 29%....

No President after 1945 has come as close to Carter's lowest approval rating at the same point in their presidency as Obama....Even NIXON...EVEN JOHNSON!!!

Mr Barak Hussein Obama needs to step down, and let a Democratic Contender begin the campaign process while there's still time.

Volunteers?

I'll slow down for you.

In Oct 83, Reagan's approval rating was 45%.

Are you making the claim that there's a statistical difference between polling at 45% and polling at 43.5%?

Also, Regan's approval rating was INCREASING.

OBAMA's approval rating has been steadily DECREASING since June.

Once again, is 43.5% statistically different from 45%?

was at 29%....

Volunteers?

Yep--when DEMOCRATS start comparing Barack Obama to Jimmy Carter--there's a problem.

http://justpiper.com/2010/09/president-ocarter-democrats-comparing-obama-to-carter-john-fund/

Reagan Democrats are going to rise to the occasion again in 2012--and deliver to Barack Obama and unfortunately democrat politicians running for reelection a defeat that will be reminiscent of Custer's Last Stand.

My Prediction--AS WHAT HAPPENED in the past with Reagan.

NEW YORK STATE AND CALIFORNIA GOES RED. This election will be over by 9 p.m.- est.

Last edited:

Once again, is 43.5% statistically different from 45%?

Apparently he thinks they are.

I'll slow down for you.

Are you making the claim that there's a statistical difference between polling at 45% and polling at 43.5%?

I'm making the claim that Obama is more closely following in Carter's footsteps than Reagan's.

However, I'll agree that he has a couple of weeks to change the trend before it becomes obvious to those that maintain some sort of loyalty to his administration.

Frankly, until now, Obama seemed to be matching Clinton's approval rating; however during the past two months there has been a significant sustained deviation from this trend.

I'll slow down for you.

I'm making the claim that Obama is more closely following in Carter's footsteps than Reagan's.

However, I'll agree that he has a couple of weeks to change the trend before it becomes obvious to those that maintain some sort of loyalty to his administration.

Frankly, until now, Obama seemed to be matching Clinton's approval rating; however during the past two months there has been a significant sustained deviation from this trend.

"Trends" in Presidential approval polling are much worse than meaningless.

There's no way to make any valid comparison.

was at 29%....

Volunteers?

Probably not. I think Democrats will stick with Obama even if they know he's a sure loser, because of their expereince with Jimmy Carter. Ted Kennedy was closer to their hearts, he was the heir to their royalty, but even he couldn't unseat an incumbant nominee.

they are not going to upset their strongest voting block (African Americans) by challenging the first black president, especially when the GOP has a credible black nominee in their wings.

Besides, the REpublicans are trying their very best to screw it up.

No Democrats WILL NOT STICK with Barack Obama. Ever heard of Reagan Democrats? Holy Crap--

The Democrat party has been hijacked by liberal left wing nut cases--and they know it--and they have demonstrated their scorn in November 2010--and most certainly plan on doing it again in 2012. The democrat party of today-IS NOT the same party--of FDR--JFK--or LBJ- or even Bill Clinton--and they know it.

Last edited:
was at 29%....

Volunteers?

Yep--when DEMOCRATS start comparing Barack Obama to Jimmy Carter--there's a problem.

President O’Carter: Democrats Comparing Obama to Carter ~John Fund | Just Piper

Reagan Democrats are going to rise to the occasion again in 2012--and deliver to Barack Obama and unfortunately democrat politicians running for reelection a defeat that will be reminiscent of Custer's Last Stand.

My Prediction--AS WHAT HAPPENED in the past with Reagan.

NEW YORK STATE AND CALIFORNIA GOES RED. This election will be over by 9 p.m.- est.

Walter Mondale is ONE Democrat that agrees with my analysis of the Gallup polls,

Walter Mondale, Mr. Carter’s vice president, told The New Yorker this week that anxious and angry voters in the late 1970s “just turned against us—same as with Obama.” As the polls turned against his administration, Mr. Mondale recalled that Mr. Carter “began to lose confidence in his ability to move the public.” Democrats on Capitol Hill are now saying this is happening to Mr. Obama.

What "democrats on capital hill" believe Obama is losing confidence in his leadership ability?

I didn't hear any names, but predict they'll begin to come out of the woodwork in November if Obama's poll numbers continue to decline at the same rate they have for the past two months.

Why not?

Why not?

Because polling is a reflection of the political climate at the time it was taken, nothing more. There are too many variables. The stock market, the weather, whatever - everything has an impact on polling. It's a moment in time, a singular snapshot.

There could be an event tomorrow that sends Obama's rating into the 90s - or something could happen that could send his approval ratings into the teens.

Last edited:
I was having a much better time in 1979 than 2011

Shit, I barely remember what I was doing in 1979. I think weed was involved, like, lots of weed. And a shroom here and there.. and maybe a Quaalude or two...

:eusa_drool:

A friend of mine was recently cleaning out an old backpack from when he was in college, and he found what is probably the last remaining quaalude on the face of the Earth.

e-Bay baby...

:lol:

Last edited:

Why not?

Because polling is a reflection of the political climate at the time it was taken, nothing more. There are too many variables. The stock market, the weather, whatever - everything has an impact on polling. It's a moment in time, a singular snapshot.

There could be an event tomorrow that sends Obama's rating into the 90s - or something could happen that could send his approval ratings into the teens.

So you're saying a trend is a "singular snapshot?"

Is English your primary language?

Seriously.

So you're saying a trend is a "singular snapshot?"

Is English your primary language?

Seriously.

I said that "trends" in polling don't actually exist, because polling is a snapshot.

Is English your primary language? Because I certainly didn't say anything like what you claimed.

Forum List

Back