Ocean Temps Dropping

I think that reflects our ignorance about the circulation of heat within the ocean currents. There is actually less heat in the upper layers than there should be. The is the travesty that one of the climatologists is refering to. For if that heat is not there, why is the much less heat content having as much affect as we are seeing? Is the climate that much more sensative to the heat? And if it is there, where is it going to show up, and what affect will it have when it does? Given what we have seen this year, these are not minor questions.

What effect? What heat? You are correct about the level of ignorance man has as regards the oceans though. We havn't a clue.

I think that reflects our ignorance about the circulation of heat within the ocean currents. There is actually less heat in the upper layers than there should be. The is the travesty that one of the climatologists is refering to. For if that heat is not there, why is the much less heat content having as much affect as we are seeing? Is the climate that much more sensative to the heat? And if it is there, where is it going to show up, and what affect will it have when it does? Given what we have seen this year, these are not minor questions.

With the Soi having been a record 27 in Dec and with the strongest nina since 1976...I would watch for a reverse to a massive fucking nino. 1998 had 2.8c within 3.4...Id watch for maybe the first ever 3+ anomaly within 3.4 in 2012. I believe that would give us .74-.76c with giss, Noaa data for 2012 if that occurs. :eusa_whistle:

first hints at a nino for sept-oct time frame...I hope it does to 1998s nino, what 1998 did to the 1982 nino.:lol:

figf7.gif

Forum List

Back