Ocean acidification

Fair enough, then I can expect you and your pal to tell oldsocks and his ilk to do the same? yeah thought not...... Nice try pal but I can post on whatever I wish to and no amount of BS "im educated so therefore better" nonsense will dissuade me..

Yeah. Because when it comes to the natural sciences, education is completely irrelevant.

:lol:

LOL, and that is your defense?

The fact is even your fellow warmers don't deny it, but you must be some kind of expert so please, by all means correct it....... LOL

I'm asking if YOU are the author...

Douchebag I am no more a chemist than oldsocks is a climatologist. I don't see you questioning his BS though now do i? Why is that? Probably for the same reason you don't address the topic anymore in favor of being a douchebag and changing the subject...

if im the author... Grow up azzhole, if you can't show me how I am wrong, and refuse to show the warmers they are wrong, than you are just being a weasel.... either the claims are off or they are not so which is it?

How YOU are wrong, then YOU are the author?

Douchebag I am no more a chemist than oldsocks is a climatologist. I don't see you questioning his BS though now do i? Why is that? Probably for the same reason you don't address the topic anymore in favor of being a douchebag and changing the subject...

if im the author... Grow up azzhole, if you can't show me how I am wrong, and refuse to show the warmers they are wrong, than you are just being a weasel.... either the claims are off or they are not so which is it?

How YOU are wrong, then YOU are the author?

He is obviously not. Did you see him flip out when I asked him to expound on point #4? I was truly curious and sincerely hoped to gain some knowledge on the matter.

So much for that.

What people are forgetting is CO2 levels were high during cambrian, but Oxygen levels were also much much higher than they are today.

Carbon dioxide seems to be almost the total focus of attention in the climate change model as it exists today. After reviewing the results of this study and talking with Dr. Ralph Keeling (one of the lead scientists on the study), it seemed to me that the consequences of atmospheric oxygen depletion should be included in any discussion of atmospheric change.

Read more: Atmospheric Oxygen Levels Fall As Carbon Dioxide Rises - Blogcritics Sci/Tech

First why don't you try and correct my claims as you seem to pretend you can do instead of trying to change the subject? its called dodging and you are doing it plain as day....

You insinuated it was incorrect, now show me that..... Can't can you... The ocean acidification from CO2 absorption effecting the PH balance is the theory they are claiming. You disagree or want to correct that be my guest. Why not ask them about their hypothesis?

Second your little chemistry quiz is irrelevant to the point and claims. If you want to have a chemistry quiz than create chemistry thread, and I will call my nephew hes a chemistry geek. But if you want to make a broad accusation about my explanation being wrong or claims being inaccurate, then have the decency to back up that claim rather than be a douchebag and try to change the subject to save your azz.....

What the fuck? I asked you for clarification and to expound on what you stated.

That's what educated individuals do. They don't go into a kung fu stance. I don't claim to be an expert on the chemistry of the ocean. I was under the impression you were. Obviously, by your response, you are just regurgitating information someone else collected and have no real idea how to justify it (scientifically). I don't need to hear from your nephew. I am sure if I dig hard enough, I can get the answers from people with Ph.D.'s in the matter.

Still refusing to show my error? Atypical internet douchebag..... You talk shit and and when confronted on it you divert and then confound.....

Classic... Then we can assume two things here; one you are a douchebag, and two you cannot show that I am incorrect despite your BS...

The fact is even your fellow warmers don't deny it, but you must be some kind of expert so please, by all means correct it....... LOL

BS? He cited actual scientists, that are chemist and experts in their field. You think you can just make statements with no actual scientific education and experience, and without any actual studies, and that's all it takes to rebut a peer reviewed study from trained scientists?

Old socks, you post crap like this and you know I am going to call you on it....

First its nonsense.... And here is the real science on it....

Real science bit #1: 550 million years ago in the Cambrian era there was 20 times as much CO2 in the atmosphere as there is today. And the Cambrian era is the time in which calcite corals and similar lifeforms first achieved algal symbiosis.

Real science bit #2: 175 million years ago in the Jurassic era there was also 20 times the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere and at this time the Aragonite corals came into being. So we have two points in history which had greater CO2 in the atmosphere and at both points we find coral life forms developing rather than dying off...... So either the oceans didn't turn acidic and kill them with 20 times the amount of CO2 in the air, or CO2 has no real measurable impact on PH to the extent if effecting the oceans like they claim. Either way its insane....

Real science bit #3: The oceans already have 70 times the amount of CO2 that is in the atmosphere. Even if by some freak occurrence all of the CO2 we emit unnaturally were to go straight into the ocean (an impossibility) it would only raise the CO2 concentrations by 1%. Not exactly the scary horror stories you are telling now is it...

Real science bit #4: CO2 is the 7th largest particle in the oceans by volume that could in theory effect the PH balance. Meaning there are 6 other elements before CO2 which could in theory do the same to the PH. In practice this means the likelihood of CO2 actually causing oceans acidification is minuscule at best even IF the theory is correct. If you want to be real technical on it CO2 would not alter the PH at all but rather buffer other elements which could possibly make some impact on the PH balance. Those impacts are minuscule given the depth and scope of the entire thing.

Real science bit #5: The ocean rides over vast amounts of alkali. We are talking vast amounts of alkali stone, rock and soil which the oceans stir up and roll over 24/7... Alkali is the acid stopper in case you weren't aware.

All of this garbage is theoretical crap all designed to scare you... Its about as much to do with real science as the Pope has to do with Las Vegas nightlife...

oh please ask me for my evidence again..... LOL, I love it when you try and play climatologist to save your azz....

Umm, his post was from scientist, not his opinion.
Leave the science to educated, honest and intelligent scientist. I'm sure you know more than experts in the field :cuckoo:

Fair enough, then I can expect you and your pal to tell oldsocks and his ilk to do the same? yeah thought not...... Nice try pal but I can post on whatever I wish to and no amount of BS "im educated so therefore better" nonsense will dissuade me.

You think this is the first time I have met with this kind of bullying tactic? Its crap to keep people from thinking and using their mind. And its an attempt at censorship and an elitist mentality your so-called liberal side is against..... Way to show the real mentality at work...

Umm, his post cited actual scientist, he never claimed he's the authority

First why don't you try and correct my claims as you seem to pretend you can do instead of trying to change the subject? its called dodging and you are doing it plain as day....

You insinuated it was incorrect, now show me that..... Can't can you... The ocean acidification from CO2 absorption effecting the PH balance is the theory they are claiming. You disagree or want to correct that be my guest. Why not ask them about their hypothesis?

Second your little chemistry quiz is irrelevant to the point and claims. If you want to have a chemistry quiz than create chemistry thread, and I will call my nephew hes a chemistry geek. But if you want to make a broad accusation about my explanation being wrong or claims being inaccurate, then have the decency to back up that claim rather than be a douchebag and try to change the subject to save your azz.....

What the fuck? I asked you for clarification and to expound on what you stated.

That's what educated individuals do. They don't go into a kung fu stance. I don't claim to be an expert on the chemistry of the ocean. I was under the impression you were. Obviously, by your response, you are just regurgitating information someone else collected and have no real idea how to justify it (scientifically). I don't need to hear from your nephew. I am sure if I dig hard enough, I can get the answers from people with Ph.D.'s in the matter.

Still refusing to show my error? Atypical internet douchebag..... You talk shit and and when confronted on it you divert and then confound.....

Classic... Then we can assume two things here; one you are a douchebag, and two you cannot show that I am incorrect despite your BS...

:lol:says the person acting like a typical internet douchebag that think their opinion and making claims without any studies on the internet means they have debunked actual scientific studies:cuckoo:

so neither you nor dr dumazz have anything to actually dispute in reality do you....

you just wanted to come in here and divert away from your pals who got caught ..... Nice...

So do the two of you have anything to refute the points at all? Didn't think so..... Double teaming and diverting shows how weak your BS is.... But please carry on don't let the truth get in your way...

You've proven nothing, and its obvious you don't give a shit about actual scientists, so there is nothing to debunk.:cuckoo:\

Why don't you whine some more crybaby

WOW, talk about pathetic...... All your talk and all your posturing and in the end its all BS. Neither of you can refute anything said at all... Dam man that is as embarrassing as the other guys BS....LOL

Rising Acidity in the Ocean: The Other CO 2 Problem: Scientific American

The planet’s seas quickly absorb 25 to 30 percent of humankind’s CO2 emissions and about 85 percent in the long run, as water and air mix at the ocean’s surface.

That careful balance has survived over time because of a near equilibrium among the acids emitted by volcanoes and the bases liberated by the weathering of rock. The pH of seawater has remained steady for millions of years. Before the industrial era began, the average pH at the ocean surface was about 8.2 (slightly basic; 7.0 is neutral). Today it is about 8.1.

Another source, from actual scientists, with actual numbers showing rising pH and reason's why the equilibrium is changing. You know, reasons educated, intelligent, trained scientists take into account, the real complexities of life.

lthough the change may seem small, similar natural shifts have taken 5,000 to 10,000 years. We have done it in 50 to 80 years. Ocean life survived the long, gradual change, but the current speed of acidification is very worrisome.

You fail to see how important pH is to animals, as it can seriously disrupt metabolic reactions, especially rapid changes that dont' allow animals to change to deal with the changing pH.

About 89 percent of the carbon dioxide dissolved in seawater takes the form of bicarbonate ion,

Just because you are ignorant of how small changes can have drastic effects on the ecology of the ocean, doesn't mean that little increase isn't having an effect

WOW, talk about pathetic...... All your talk and all your posturing and in the end its all BS. Neither of you can refute anything said at all... Dam man that is as embarrassing as the other guys BS....LOL

:lol: you are embarrassing yourself

Well, my post above addresses some of your stupidity. But you did nothing to support your claims, and I'll take peer reviewed scientific studies from people who know what the fuck they are taking about over some dishonest internet douchebag that thinks facts are up for opinion, and think he can spout stuff with no evidence, and then demand others debunk them
:cuckoo:

Old socks, you post crap like this and you know I am going to call you on it....

Real science bit #1: 550 million years ago in the Cambrian era there was 20 times as much CO2 in the atmosphere as there is today. And the Cambrian era is the time in which calcite corals and similar lifeforms first achieved algal symbiosis.

Real science bit #2: 175 million years ago in the Jurassic era there was also 20 times the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere and at this time the Aragonite corals came into being. So we have two points in history which had greater CO2 in the atmosphere and at both points we find coral life forms developing rather than dying off...... So either the oceans didn't turn acidic and kill them with 20 times the amount of CO2 in the air, or CO2 has no real measurable impact on PH to the extent if effecting the oceans like they claim. Either way its insane....

Real science bit #3: The oceans already have 70 times the amount of CO2 that is in the atmosphere. Even if by some freak occurrence all of the CO2 we emit unnaturally were to go straight into the ocean (an impossibility) it would only raise the CO2 concentrations by 1%. Not exactly the scary horror stories you are telling now is it...

Real science bit #4: CO2 is the 7th largest particle in the oceans by volume that could in theory effect the PH balance. Meaning there are 6 other elements before CO2 which could in theory do the same to the PH. In practice this means the likelihood of CO2 actually causing oceans acidification is minuscule at best even IF the theory is correct. If you want to be real technical on it CO2 would not alter the PH at all but rather buffer other elements which could possibly make some impact on the PH balance. Those impacts are minuscule given the depth and scope of the entire thing.

Real science bit #5: The ocean rides over vast amounts of alkali. We are talking vast amounts of alkali stone, rock and soil which the oceans stir up and roll over 24/7... Alkali is the acid stopper in case you weren't aware.

All of this garbage is theoretical crap all designed to scare you... Its about as much to do with real science as the Pope has to do with Las Vegas nightlife...

oh please ask me for my evidence again..... LOL, I love it when you try and play climatologist to save your azz....
"Real science"- OK then, why don't you link us to the peer reviewed "real science" you keep spouting? As I've linked to reports based on actual studies, as has the OP.

You don't know what real science is:lol:

When my dog starts chasing his tail, I take him for a run...maybe mommy can put your leash on you and do the same...

You were caught mid spin there Fido...

Old Rocks never CLAIMED he was a climatologist. But he DID post scientific information FROM a climatologist. AND he provided a link to that climatologist's article.

You posted LORD knows-what nothingness with no link or any provided qualifications of your author. LORD knows you must be ashamed of his qualifications.

BTW Einstein, if YOU are not a chemist or a climatologist, then HOW would you even KNOW what you are posting is truth or gibberish?

Last edited:

When my dog starts chasing his tail, I take him for a run...maybe mommy can put your leash on you and do the same...

You were caught mid spin there Fido...

Old Rocks never CLAIMED he was a climatologist. But he DID post scientific information FROM a climatologist. AND he provided a link to that climatologist's article.

You posted LORD know-what nothingness with no link or any provided qualifications of your author. LORD knows you must be ashamed of his qualifications.

BTW Einstein, if YOU are not a chemist or a climatologist, then HOW would you even KNOW what you are posting is truth or gibberish?

Plus, the actual articles show he's talking out his ass. He claims CO2 alone can't change pH, yet my link explains why that's simply not true. He claims CO2 was 20X during cambrian, which is true, but conveniently ignores that O2 levels were also very very high, which would play a role in having that many levels, plus the very fact that the earth was very warm during that time with no polar ice caps, which to me supports global warming. We can't afford now to have the ice caps melt and raise ocean temps.

How much you want to bet that gslack comes back with someone's blog or bogus website and claim that is evidence and peer reviewed science?

Leave the science to educated, honest and intelligent scientist. I'm sure you know more than experts in the field :cuckoo:

Fair enough, then I can expect you and your pal to tell oldsocks and his ilk to do the same? yeah thought not...... Nice try pal but I can post on whatever I wish to and no amount of BS "im educated so therefore better" nonsense will dissuade me.

You think this is the first time I have met with this kind of bullying tactic? Its crap to keep people from thinking and using their mind. And its an attempt at censorship and an elitist mentality your so-called liberal side is against..... Way to show the real mentality at work...

OK, dimbulb. You are not a chemist. I am not a climatologist. But I post the source of my information. What is the source of yours?

How much you want to bet that gslack comes back with someone's blog or bogus website and claim that is evidence and peer reviewed science?

I do not mind blogs or websites, if they contain links to their sources of information. When they do not, or link to political sites, like the Heritage Foundation, then you know they are completely bogus and without merit.

OK, dimbulb. You are not a chemist. I am not a climatologist. But I post the source of my information. What is the source of yours?

I don't think his ass is a legitimate source

Forum List

Back