Occupy!!

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Buy Local!

$black friday.jpg

Right., now that is the message? Yawn.

Tired?

The 'message' is to support your local merchants this Friday, instead of the "Big Box" stores......maybe think outside the box for a bit and support your local business, who knows, it may be your neighbors or someone you know you're helping.

Hate black friday, I think it's bullshit. The insanity that accompanies camping overnight at stores, trampling people for "lower prices" - Just completely unnecessary and asinine.

The 2nd annual Small Business Saturday® is
a day dedicated to supporting small businesses
on one of the busiest shopping weekends of the year.

On November 26, we're asking millions of people to Shop Smallsm at their favorite local stores and help fuel the economy. When we all shop small, it will be huge.

They also have a FB page.

Small Business Saturday

I'm doing my part by going to my local Hallmark store, that also sells Yankee Candles, and with my several B2G2 Free coupons AND my $25 Amex gift card I won from a FedEx give-away, I'mma going shopping! Yeah for small businesses!

Black Friday? Hell no!
Small Business Saturday? Yes!

Right on!

It's hysterical to watch on the news all the sheeple waiting in line at these stores, trying to be the first one in, trampling their own mothers to get a 'deal' on some piece of crap they won't be using 6 months down the road.

My Black Friday is hanging out at home, chilling then usually getting together that night with friends who are in town for the weekend.

My husband and I try to shop support our local merchants as much as possible all year round, not just during the Holiday Season.

Black Friday? Hell no!

Right on!

It's hysterical to watch on the news all the sheeple waiting in line at these stores, trying to be the first one in, trampling their own mothers to get a 'deal' on some piece of crap they won't be using 6 months down the road.

My Black Friday is hanging out at home, chilling then usually getting together that night with friends who are in town for the weekend.

My husband and I try to shop support our local merchants as much as possible all year round, not just during the Holiday Season.

I'll be hitting the gym first thing in the morning. I'm thinking I might put a sign in my back window saying .... "I AM NOT ONE OF YOU CRAZY SHOPPERS!"

:lol:

The rest of my Black Friday will be spent decorating my house for Christmas / winter, and chilling with my family.

:)

Black Friday? Hell no!

Right on!

I was contemplating going out on Friday to see what all the fuss is about . . . I've never gone BF shopping. But after the zoo today in the grocery store, forgetaboutit. Gaaaa, crowded stores with crowded people make me crazy.

Here's a way I've BF shopped before: check the stores policy on price adjustments first then, if they will price adjust (many do up to two weeks after you purchase something) buy whatever the item is and go back on Friday or Saturday and get a price adjustment. You get the sale price w/out the crowds. Not all sales work this way but it's worth a shot.

I shop local as much as possible too. I went today a bought 12 Yankee Candles. Half off plus another $25 off from using my Amex gift card. Whoo hoo, I am set with scents!

Everyone tell me what you want, I'll get it for you from local small businesses for a small service fee........ Plus shipping and handling.......... :cool:

Black Friday? Hell no!

Right on!

I was contemplating going out on Friday to see what all the fuss is about . . . I've never gone BF shopping. But after the zoo today in the grocery store, forgetaboutit. Gaaaa, crowded stores with crowded people make me crazy.

Here's a way I've BF shopped before: check the stores policy on price adjustments first then, if they will price adjust (many do up to two weeks after you purchase something) buy whatever the item is and go back on Friday or Saturday and get a price adjustment. You get the sale price w/out the crowds. Not all sales work this way but it's worth a shot.

I shop local as much as possible too. I went today a bought 12 Yankee Candles. Half off plus another $25 off from using my Amex gift card. Whoo hoo, I am set with scents!

I've been out once, several years ago. Never again. No way.
My husband has been doing some shopping online. Some stores such as Best Buy, have been offering great deals during certain hours of the day. (online) So he's snagged a few.

I was thinking about my local Hallmark store cuz I need some Yankee Candles too! Cranberry Chutney scented please!

There is a service affliated with my sons college that offers deals with local small businesses. Family and friends can place orders and the company lets the student know that something was purchased for them. They sent me an email today so I'll be doing some business with them as well, this coming Saturday.

Forum List

Back