Occupy Wall Street Vs. Black Friday Consumer Whores At WalMart

george4title

Aug 2, 2010
SurviveAndThriveTV: Occupy Wall Street Vs. Black Friday Consumer Whores At WalMart
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnRaFkN2MBU]Occupy Wall Street Vs. Black Friday Consumer Whores At WalMart - YouTube[/ame]

STOP VIOLATIONS OF THE 4TH AMENDMENT WITH RECEIPT CHECKING
STOP MILITARIZED SECURITY OFFICERS
STOP UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES BY MAJOR CORPORATIONS
STOP MINDLESS CONSUMERISM, STOP FEEDING THE BEAST
BOYCOTT BEST BUY, TARGET, TOYS R US, WALMART

A group of us from Occupy Wallstreet begin to protest the mindless consumerism being displayed on black friday at WalMart locations across the country. Join us as we engage and disrupt corrupt capitalism!

So.........who made and sold you the computer that you used to post that message? Who sold and made the video camera used to record that film clip? Who made the photocopier that was used to print out the fliers? My guess is that a big, bad, evil corporation run by a 1%er CEO did....unless you are going to suggest that you built them all yourself out of recycled coke cans.

SurviveAndThriveTV: Occupy Wall Street Vs. Black Friday Consumer Whores At WalMart
Occupy Wall Street Vs. Black Friday Consumer Whores At WalMart - YouTube

A group of us from Occupy Wallstreet begin to protest the mindless consumerism being displayed on black friday at WalMart locations across the country. Join us as we engage and disrupt corrupt capitalism!

You're losing the 99%.

You're losing the 99%.

Marxism is a lunatic fringe movement

Agreed! My wife and I are doing no "Black Friday" shopping today.

OP is not railing against "consumerism" or free markets, rather I think he's against the "mindless consumerism" that the TV tells you to participate in.

I'm not pushing anyone out of the way for a flat screen TV that I know will cheaper six months or a year later.

OP is not railing against "consumerism" or free markets, rather I think he's against the "mindless consumerism" that the TV tells you to participate in.

I'm not pushing anyone out of the way for a flat screen TV that I know will cheaper six months or a year later.

Posters with high reps tend to be suck-ups.

Oh I am not sure I agree with you. In the beginning of the clip the protester was talking about how Wal-Mart refuses to provide a living wage and all that. I interpreted it as typical OWS blathering about the "evil empire corporation".

If george4title had any money he'd be out shopping. Instead, the broke fuckwit is here posting bull shit like this OP.

I'm sure that all the employed people at those companies prefer to be fired as opposed to having a job.

I'm sure that all the employed people at those companies prefer to be fired as opposed to having a job.

I think what they prefer is for corporations to give 100% of their profits to the government and companies should provide goods and services because it makes them feel all warm and fuzzy inside to contribute to the community. As a liberal said on another thread (I won't call them out by name):

Profits are a kind of tax workers pay to the upper class, so that they (the upper class) can consume without working.

OY VEY!!!!! BY the way...isn't there a word for that? Let me see....it's right on the tip of my tongue...comm....commu........shit someone help me out here. :wink_2:

Last edited:
Occupy Wall Street protesters are training their sights on a new target: holiday shopping.

From Seattle to Long Island, New York, activists are planning a host of actions during the Black Friday shopping weekend—from marching on Wal-Mart Stores Inc. supercenters and organizing sit-ins at malls to cutting up credit cards and running faux stores to exchange used items and avoid consumerism.

Though the activities are set to begin Friday—the traditional start to the holiday season that kicks off early in the morning with a blizzard of discounts—they are part of a larger protest known as OccupyXmas that will continue through Dec. 25.

"Consumer overconsumption has gotten us into this mess and the economic crisis to begin with," said Dana Balitki, a spokeswoman for the Occupy Wall Street protesters. "The work we're trying to do is to get people to care about the country, to get us focused on how we can take care of each other, redirect our resources and learn how to better connect with each other."

Other groups are planning more subtle actions. Activists in Idaho plan to dress up as "consumer zombies" and wander around shopping centers to protest what they see as the numbing effect of conspicuous consumption.

In Chicago, protesters are planning a round of "shopping caroling" through a downtown mall. The protesters plan to sing on all five floors of the mall and to shout a series of messages that present a problem and then its solution.

Protesters didn't reveal all the malls they planned to target.

"One of the gals is working on a whole series of Christmas carols reworked for economic injustice issues," said activist Sugar Russell, a student at DeVry University in Chicago. "We're going to bring the messages to the masses in an entertaining way."

'Occupy' Activists Aim at Holiday Shopping - WSJ.com

:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back