Occupy Sandy

This is what I'm hearing from people on the ground. I have a number of friends who are organizers with Occupy, and now they're organizing this.

Interesting, How many occupy folks were the "organizers"? May I ask at what point? At what point did your friends claim occupy as their own and then disown it?

3-5 people that I know were "organizers", from the beginning. I have no idea the total number of "organizers".

My friends have never claimed Occupy as "their own", nor have they "disowned" it.

Well, doc, how occupy is the new occupy then? I am not trying to bust your chops, it's just that occupy had lets say a short arc of life before they, as in occupy claimed it wasnt occupy when things in the occupy camps and movement went south.....we're those friends of yours still associated and 'occupy' movers and shakers then?

Well, this clarifies the bullshit a tad:

So, biased source claims biased bullshit... etc.

You think it's a lie?

That the Occupy people aren't helping?

Is that what you're claiming?

No. That isn't what I'm claiming... it's not what I said. Basic comprehension apparently isn't your forte. I challenge the 'fact' that they are 'leading' the efforts. Wanna know why I challenge that?

Because before the storm hit, the Catholic Church put out calls across the country to organize aid. The Mormon Church did similar. As did vast numbers of Churches, of all faiths... including Muslims! OMG! The Muslims gave aid!

Immediately after the disaster, Churches, local voluntary groups, state and federal government were all out there. And you claim that Occupy was 'leading'... Bull. Fucking. Shit.

End of conversation.

Perhaps "leading" was a strong word.

But my brothers have been collecting money from everyone they know and buying food with it, and delivering to various places, and they're the ones who used the term "leading". They're certainly doing more than the Red Cross is.

You think it's a lie?

No. That isn't what I'm claiming... it's not what I said. Basic comprehension apparently isn't your forte. I challenge the 'fact' that they are 'leading' the efforts. Wanna know why I challenge that?

Because before the storm hit, the Catholic Church put out calls across the country to organize aid. The Mormon Church did similar. As did vast numbers of Churches, of all faiths... including Muslims! OMG! The Muslims gave aid!

Immediately after the disaster, Churches, local voluntary groups, state and federal government were all out there. And you claim that Occupy was 'leading'... Bull. Fucking. Shit.

End of conversation.

But my brothers have been collecting money from everyone they know and buying food with it, and delivering to various places, and they're the ones who used the term "leading". They're certainly doing more than the Red Cross is.

Almost everybody is, I don't understand why people still give money to that organization.

The only organization Occupy would be responsible for is organized looting gangs for all those people who refuse to share.

You think it's a lie?

End of conversation.

Well, 'leading' is the word they - and you - used. They - and you - are wrong. It's disaster relief, for fuck's sake, not a pissing contest. You lost this one though - cuz we were there first. My brothers and sisters in Christ... the faithful... regardless of religion - we were there before FEMA, before Occupy, before Obama.... we were there.

And, frankly, to start a thread claiming this shit is sickening.

End of conversation.

Well, 'leading' is the word they - and you - used. They - and you - are wrong. It's disaster relief, for fuck's sake, not a pissing contest. You lost this one though - cuz we were there first. My brothers and sisters in Christ... the faithful... regardless of religion - we were there before FEMA, before Occupy, before Obama.... we were there.

So, it's not a "pissing contest" - yet you're doing nothing but getting "pissy" about the wording I used.

Seriously, what does it matter? Why does it "sicken" you?

I never claimed that religious charities aren't helping - in fact, the Occupy Sandy people are working almost entirely with churches and religious organizations to get the supplies out there. You're the only one making it a competition over who's helping more.

Occupy Wall Street Starts Occupy Sandy Relief Efforts | Care2 Causes

It seems that the Occupy Wall Street movement has taken the lead on helping victims of Sandy.

Thoughts, USMB?

Uhm, I am reluctant to believe the occupy wall st . Grp. And this are one and the same really, does an org. make itself in a Week?

You are reluctant to believe bullshit. Clearly, you need to drink more kool-aid.

what's your daily intake?

in gallons, please

End of conversation.

ironic bullshit is ironic

:lmao:

sandi tries to take the moral high ground, again.

Here at Care2, our mission is to help activists around the world make a difference. Whether it's by starting a petition, signing and sharing an action, reading up on the latest news and healthy living tips, or connecting...

You think it's a lie?

Someone coming in and offering help using OWS as a proxy is good, but last week, the Romney campaign helping out was bad. Typical LWBS.

End of conversation.

You state it wasn't a pissing contest, then claim the Catholics were there first?
Tell me again how you are not engaged in a pissing contest yourself?

You think it's a lie?

Someone coming in and offering help using OWS as a proxy is good, but last week, the Romney campaign helping out was bad. Typical LWBS.

Feel free to try and find a post of mine attacking Romney for trying to help.

I'll wait here...

You think it's a lie?

I'll wait here...

Wait all you want.. I didn't claim you did, only observed that Romney's attempt to help was condemned by many progressives.

For all your faults, you are not as hypocritical as most of your fellow Progressives. If I have a problem with something you said, I'll quote you and bold the text I'm commenting on

You state it wasn't a pissing contest, then claim the Catholics were there first?

Hmmmm, let's see...

Did I start a thread claiming OWS were 'leading' the effort? No. That would be The Doc.
Did I claim the Catholics were there first? No. I said Catholics, Mormons, a whole bunch of faith based organizations were 'fired up and ready to go' as soon as it was safe to get in.

So, no, I didn't start the pissing contest. I won it though.

Amen. Praise the Lord, and pass the ammunition.

Occupy Wall Street Starts Occupy Sandy Relief Efforts | Care2 Causes

It seems that the Occupy Wall Street movement has taken the lead on helping victims of Sandy.

Thoughts, USMB?

Uhm, I am reluctant to believe the occupy wall st . Grp. And this are one and the same really, does an org. make itself in a Week?

This is what I'm hearing from people on the ground. I have a number of friends who are organizers with Occupy, and now they're organizing this.
In that case my further prayers go out to the victims of Sandy

Hmmmm, let's see...

Did I start a thread claiming OWS were 'leading' the effort? No. That would be The Doc.
Did I claim the Catholics were there first? No. I said Catholics, Mormons, a whole bunch of faith based organizations were 'fired up and ready to go' as soon as it was safe to get in.

So, no, I didn't start the pissing contest. I won it though.

Amen. Praise the Lord, and pass the ammunition.

I didn't say you started it... But thanks for admitting you joined in.
And what do you get for winning?

I'll wait here...

Wait all you want.. I didn't claim you did, only observed that Romney's attempt to help was condemned by many progressives.

For all your faults, you are not as hypocritical as most of your fellow Progressives. If I have a problem with something you said, I'll quote you and bold the text I'm commenting on

So, liberals are "hypocritical" because some liberals shit on Romney for his Red Cross food drive, and other liberals commended the Occupy guys?

Forum List

Back