Occupy Sandy

Well, this clarifies the bullshit a tad:

Here at Care2, our mission is to help activists around the world make a difference. Whether it's by starting a petition, signing and sharing an action, reading up on the latest news and healthy living tips, or connecting...

So, biased source claims biased bullshit... etc.

Occupy Wall Street Starts Occupy Sandy Relief Efforts | Care2 Causes

It seems that the Occupy Wall Street movement has taken the lead on helping victims of Sandy.

Thoughts, USMB?

Uhm, I am reluctant to believe the occupy wall st . Grp. And this are one and the same really, does an org. make itself in a Week?

This is what I'm hearing from people on the ground. I have a number of friends who are organizers with Occupy, and now they're organizing this.

Here at Care2, our mission is to help activists around the world make a difference. Whether it's by starting a petition, signing and sharing an action, reading up on the latest news and healthy living tips, or connecting...

You think it's a lie?

That the Occupy people aren't helping?

Is that what you're claiming?

You people really ought to read the article...

Occupy organizes assistance in Far Rockaway Queens

People in the community are thankful for the organized assistance, complaining that FEMA, the police and the Red Cross are not adequately addressing the people’s needs, if at all. Bob Hardt of the NY1 Blog writes, “There continues to be mounting frustration from other residents here. The Red Cross is quickly becoming the villain because it has been invisible. It’s a bad sign for the world that Occupy Wall Street and a Sikh group from Queens are doing a better job at distributing hot food than the largest international relief group in the world.”

I think it's clear that FEMA is a badly run bureaucracy, and the Red Cross is more about making money than helping people. And the police they have their own families and homes to worry about.

Last edited:
Occupy Wall Street Starts Occupy Sandy Relief Efforts | Care2 Causes

It seems that the Occupy Wall Street movement has taken the lead on helping victims of Sandy.

Thoughts, USMB?

Uhm, I am reluctant to believe the occupy wall st . Grp. And this are one and the same really, does an org. make itself in a Week?

This is what I'm hearing from people on the ground. I have a number of friends who are organizers with Occupy, and now they're organizing this.

Interesting, How many occupy folks were the "organizers"? May I ask at what point? At what point did your friends claim occupy as their own and then disown it?

Interesting, How many occupy folks were the "organizers"? May I ask at what point? At what point did your friends claim occupy as their own and then disown it?

3-5 people that I know were "organizers", from the beginning. I have no idea the total number of "organizers".

My friends have never claimed Occupy as "their own", nor have they "disowned" it.

You think it's a lie?

That the Occupy people aren't helping?

Is that what you're claiming?

No. That isn't what I'm claiming... it's not what I said. Basic comprehension apparently isn't your forte. I challenge the 'fact' that they are 'leading' the efforts. Wanna know why I challenge that?

Because before the storm hit, the Catholic Church put out calls across the country to organize aid. The Mormon Church did similar. As did vast numbers of Churches, of all faiths... including Muslims! OMG! The Muslims gave aid!

Immediately after the disaster, Churches, local voluntary groups, state and federal government were all out there. And you claim that Occupy was 'leading'... Bull. Fucking. Shit.

End of conversation.

Understand the many of the conservatives here have a rather odd poop-fetish, only care about OWS if they think it will get them more poop-photos for their vast collection of such things. I mean, look at Katzndogz, wanting to know where he can go to find the poop. Since there's no pooping involved in this story, the conservatives aren't very interested.

Understand the many of the conservatives here have a rather odd poop-fetish, only care about OWS if they think it will get them more poop-photos for their vast collection of such things. I mean, look at Katzndogz, wanting to know where he can go to find the poop. Since there's no pooping involved in this story, the conservatives aren't very interested.

I understand that anyone who plays politics with this disaster is a fucking prat.

Just like anyone who claims some group was 'leading' the recovery - when, in fact, they are not.

Forum List

Back