Occupy Romney/Koch fizzles

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
"Mostly non-violent" OWS movement get to violent, stinky or just too rape-y be a going concern anymore? I mean, if the much ballyhooed Romney/Koch fundraiser can't draw them out in numbers what will? Granted they still have organization, money and an airplane (briefly) but where are the people?

Anti-Romney/Koch Brothers Demonstration Is An Epic Failure | Power Line

OWSromney.jpg

That is a pathetic showing. The average high school graduation party attracts more people than that. Remember when MoveOn was considered a potent political force? When Occupy was being touted as the equal of the Tea Party? When Greenpeace amounted to something, and the Teamsters Union at least had the ability to turn out lots of goons? Those days are long gone.

The leftists hired an airplane to fly overhead with a banner that said “Romney has a Koch problem.” How clever. The protesters cheered briefly, but then the airplane flew away and reappeared with a banner that said Lacoste L!ve. Free enterprise triumphs once again.

Left unexplained is why the protesters, who claim to be aggrieved by “money in politics,” have no problem with Barack Obama’s fundraisers with Anna Wintour, George Clooney, and what’s-her-name the actress, and don’t object to the fact that as of 2008, Obama was the greatest money-machine in the history of politics. Maybe they are just hypocrites. Is there any other possible explanation?

Pretty pathetic.

It's the way the game is played. Wanting to change rules doesn't mean one has to put their head in a guillotine in the mean time. We're progressives not idiots.

It's the way the game is played. Wanting to change rules doesn't mean one has to put their head in a guillotine in the mean time. We're progressives not idiots.

Does putting one's "head in a guillotine" refer to actually attending a mostly non-violent OWS rally? Or as I assume, did you mean that metaphor to mean standing up to the man in general? Obviously each carries risk so it's kinda hard to tell.

As to "we're progressives not idiots" well...

Two arrested trying to crash Romney fundraiser, police say - latimes.com

East Hampton Village authorities said David Fink and Simon Kinsella attempted to sail across the police line, ignoring orders from East Hampton Marine Patrol, and “subsequently struck” the police boat.

Police said one of the men attempted to flee by swimming to shore; he was arrested on the beach. The other man was taken into custody from the boat.

They were arrested on suspicion of resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and obstructing government administration.

That's some fine (text book even) displays of chronic idiocy right there.

Looking at that picture, I'm just thinking that water in the background could sure have went to a good cause.

I have to say, i was expecting more from the occupy protestors this summer. Granted, we havent reached the conventions, but still.

I have to say, i was expecting more from the occupy protestors this summer. Granted, we havent reached the conventions, but still.

Indeed. They still have good funding and union level organizing. They also have the sympathy, enthusiasm and resources of most of the main stream media. All that is lacking is their old numbers. That and the fact that they don't have a clue.

Indeed. They still have good funding and union level organizing. They also have the sympathy, enthusiasm and resources of most of the main stream media. All that is lacking is their old numbers. That and the fact that they don't have a clue.

People have been turned off by the criminal activity and calls for violence. Im hoping they continue to fade and they fail at the violence promised for the conventions. Or better yet have second thoughts about violence at the conventions.

Wait until they lose the election and then you will see democrats endorsing anarchy. The Van Jones criminals are waiting in the wings and it's conceivable to entertain the conspiracy theory that the criminal Obama authorized as attorney general might be supplying the rabble with illegal weapons as we speak.

Wait until they lose the election and then you will see democrats endorsing anarchy. The Van Jones criminals are waiting in the wings and it's conceivable to entertain the conspiracy theory that the criminal Obama authorized as attorney general might be supplying the rabble with illegal weapons as we speak.

Don't forget the black helicopters! :lol:

They wanted to be this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzGrYBcGmY4&feature=related]20070803[/ame]

Instead, they were this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po5cRlpVoXY]Alex with Sparklers July 4 2007 - YouTube[/ame]

When using an ultra right wing propaganda site as a link, what do you expect but trash.

It was reported a few hundred turned out which is pretty damn impressive considering it was located in a remote part of the hamptons, not to mention was during the record breaking heat we've been experiencing. That is some devotion! :up:

Unlike teabagger events where 2 people is a good turnout :lmao:

197740_434078709957041_1356195288_n.jpg

A couple of hundred local millionaires turning out to protest against their neighbors IS pretty impressive.

You know those 2 are not mutually exclusive, right? :eusa_whistle:

When using an ultra right wing propaganda site as a link, what do you expect but trash.

It was reported a few hundred turned out which is pretty damn impressive considering it was located in a remote part of the hamptons, not to mention was during the record breaking heat we've been experiencing. That is some devotion! :up:

Unlike teabagger events where 2 people is a good turnout :lmao:

Powerline is "ultra right" now. :lol:

"A few hundred" equals a hundred and fifty?

It's to hot to protest?

Just wow.

You're Invited...to a Koch Party!
https://www.facebook.com/events/169232256543189/

The above two links are invitations to the protest from the original source. (provided at Powerline)

So for some weeks, a consortium of left-wing groups including MoveOn.org, Occupy Wall Street, the Long Island Progressive Coalition, Greenpeace, Strong For All, United New York, the Teamsters Union and others have been urging their members and supporters to turn out for a protest at David Koch’s home.

Of the above groups they got 150 to show up. The 150 number came from the Occupy movement itself.

Forum List

Back