Occupy Phoenix Asks: When Should You Shoot a Cop?

Here's the thing Ravi, my daughter goes down there from time to time, and protests with those kids. She is a wonderful student, and a good kid and so are most of the kids who she associates with. I only have that to go on, and can tell you based on that, I would hesitate to condemn a whole group of young people who have nothing but the best of intentions, even though I may not agree with everything they stand for, based on the actions of perhaps one person with an agenda.

Serious question. What is your daughter protesting? And the other kids what are they protesting out of Phoenix?

I watched an in depth program on a very very left wing news station (CBC) who were desperate to make heads or tails of what the protestors in Washington wanted and even they couldn't pull out a coherent message.

So what's up in Phoenix? Does Occupy Phoenix have a message that makes sense?

No. It may have early on but now no one knows what they're doing. What do they want from Phoenix? They should just list their demands clearly and concisely so people can understand what they want. I'm sure cities like Phoenix and Oakland have no idea what these people want from them. I can understand hating on Wall Street and the White House,but these "Occupations" in these cities makes no sense to anyone. Their time is up. Now it's just boring over-kill. They've worn out their welcome. It's over.

Agreed. Up here we had Occupy Toronto and the protestors were there protesting of course the ever elusive corporate greed, but also not enough bike paths in Canada, shutting down our oil industry immediately, demolishing all zoos and freeing all the animals and stopping hockey violence.

:lol:

ETA: When I heard the demand to stop all hockey violence I knew these people were freaking lunatics.!

Last edited:
Serious question. What is your daughter protesting? And the other kids what are they protesting out of Phoenix?

I watched an in depth program on a very very left wing news station (CBC) who were desperate to make heads or tails of what the protestors in Washington wanted and even they couldn't pull out a coherent message.

So what's up in Phoenix? Does Occupy Phoenix have a message that makes sense?

No. It may have early on but now no one knows what they're doing. What do they want from Phoenix? They should just list their demands clearly and concisely so people can understand what they want. I'm sure cities like Phoenix and Oakland have no idea what these people want from them. I can understand hating on Wall Street and the White House,but these "Occupations" in these cities makes no sense to anyone. Their time is up. Now it's just boring over-kill. They've worn out their welcome. It's over.

Agreed. Up here we had Occupy Toronto and the protestors were there protesting of course the ever elusive corporate greed, but also not enough bike paths in Canada, shutting down our oil industry immediately, demolishing all zoos and freeing all the animals and stopping hockey violence.

ETA: When I heard the demand to stop all hockey violence I knew these people were freaking lunatics.!

lol! Yea it's all just silly over-kill now. Time for them to go away.

Why are they occupying Phoenix? And obviously there's never a good time to shoot a cop. I just don't get these people. Occupying cities like Oakland,Nashville,and Phoenix makes no sense. What are they demanding from those cities? What do they want? I mean i can understand protesting Wall Street and the White House but the rest of this stuff is becoming pretty lame. What do they think they're gonna get from cities like Oakland,Nashville,and Phoenix? Now they're just starting to look like ignorant nutters. Time to wrap this whole "Occupation" thing up. They look dumber & dumber by the day.

Paul, it's the same reason that there were Tea Party rallies all over the US, instead of JUST the Boston Harbor.

Not all rallies were just in Washington D.C. I seem to recall one in Nashville. And there was one in Bowling Green, KY, where I was living at the time.

Same thing, just different ideas.

Lets see, Tea party, a movement to LEGALLY change the direction of the Government through the election of Members of Congress from around the Country. A movement that had no riots, no occupations, that registered every protest, got the required permits for all protests and gathers. That articulated their goal and managed to elect some 60 people to Congress LEGALLY.

OWS, a bunch of spoiled brats that want the government to pay their legal debts, pay them to do nothing, redistribute illegally other peoples money. A movement that violates the law, illegally camps on public property, riots and advocates violence. A movement that can not actually articulate a single legal or Constitutional thought, that makes no effort to campaign for Congress.

Ya good comparison there.

No guff. They have a better chance of achieving world peace, ending poverty on the planet, and curing aids than stopping fighting in hockey.

Sheesh. Talk about wanting the moon. Kids these days!:eusa_angel:

No guff. They have a better chance of achieving world peace, ending poverty on the planet, and curing aids than stopping fighting in hockey.

Sheesh. Talk about wanting the moon. Kids these days!:eusa_angel:

Yea i'll start shooting grenades and tear gas at em too if they take fighting out of Hockey. That's part of what makes Hockey great. It aint no sissy sport. So they better not mess with my Hockey. I don't want to have to get pissed. They wouldn't like me when i get pissed. I'll check em hard and then land several upper-cuts for the K.O. :)

Yeah I remember all those gun totting wingnuts showing off their guns. No wait, sorry that was the tea baggerz

Why are they occupying Phoenix? And obviously there's never a good time to shoot a cop. I just don't get these people. Occupying cities like Oakland,Nashville,and Phoenix makes no sense. What are they demanding from those cities? What do they want? I mean i can understand protesting Wall Street and the White House but the rest of this stuff is becoming pretty lame. What do they think they're gonna get from cities like Oakland,Nashville,and Phoenix? Now they're just starting to look like ignorant nutters. Time to wrap this whole "Occupation" thing up. They look dumber & dumber by the day.

Paul, it's the same reason that there were Tea Party rallies all over the US, instead of JUST the Boston Harbor.

Not all rallies were just in Washington D.C. I seem to recall one in Nashville. And there was one in Bowling Green, KY, where I was living at the time.

Lets see, Tea party, a movement to LEGALLY change the direction of the Government through the election of Members of Congress from around the Country. A movement that had no riots, no occupations, that registered every protest, got the required permits for all protests and gathers. That articulated their goal and managed to elect some 60 people to Congress LEGALLY.

OWS, a bunch of spoiled brats that want the government to pay their legal debts, pay them to do nothing, redistribute illegally other peoples money. A movement that violates the law, illegally camps on public property, riots and advocates violence. A movement that can not actually articulate a single legal or Constitutional thought, that makes no effort to campaign for Congress.

Oh, so partisan. The proverbial record skips again. Please, spare me the Tea Party reeducation; you all sound like I ROBOT: "Identify it! 'ONE OF US!' Which one? 'ONE OF US!'"

I've seen videos of 60-70 year old men involved with OWS. I doubt that mommy and daddy are still around to pamper them. They don't all support Obama. They aren't all unemployed.

Have you actually taken the time to research what they are doing? I'm not involved with OWS or the Tea Party. But it sure is fun to watch the extremes of both wings go at it. :meow: It's great entertainment, and the news (entertainment channels) has enjoyed showing the fringes of both movements...both of which are loons (fringes of the movements). OWS loons-speak of "income inequality", and Tea Party loons-walk around with their Barney Fife revolvers and holsters, strapped to their sweatpants. Classy individuals, all of them.

Have you stopped to think that maybe the REASONABLE members (the ones who go home at night, and don't try to get arrested) see something that you don't? MSNBC did their level best to show the Tea Party toting the posters of Obama as a tribesman with a bone through his nose. And Fox has done a great job of identifying every unemployed stoner involved with OWS, and has called them to the cameras for interviews.

Have you been to the OWS and READ what their grievances are? I know what both the Tea Party's and OWS's grievances are. It's pretty simple to understand. What are you confused about?

Last edited:
All those evil nations or regimes they listed (Pol Pot, Stalin, etc).............do the OWS people not realize that those nations followed THE SAME ideology that 95% of OWS folks are cheering for to come here? Big gov't control, resource redistribution, etc, etc?????

Dumbasses never fail to remind me how dumb they are.

Oh, so partisan. The proverbial record skips again. Please, spare me the Tea Party reeducation; you all sound like I ROBOT: "Identify it! 'ONE OF US!' Which one? 'ONE OF US!'"

I've seen videos of 60-70 year old men involved with OWS. I doubt that mommy and daddy are still around to pamper them. They don't all support Obama. They aren't all unemployed.

Have you actually taken the time to research what they are doing? I'm not involved with OWS or the Tea Party. But it sure is fun to watch the extremes of both wings go at it. :meow: It's great entertainment, and the news (entertainment channels) has enjoyed showing the fringes of both movements...both of which are loons (fringes of the movements). OWS loons-speak of "income inequality", and Tea Party loons-walk around with their Barney Fife revolvers and holsters, strapped to their sweatpants. Classy individuals, all of them.

Have you stopped to think that maybe the REASONABLE members (the ones who go home at night, and don't try to get arrested) see something that you don't? MSNBC did their level best to show the Tea Party toting the posters of Obama as a tribesman with a bone through his nose. And Fox has done a great job of identifying every unemployed stoner involved with OWS, and has called them to the cameras for interviews.

Have you been to the OWS and READ what their grievances are? I know what both the Tea Party's and OWS's grievances are. It's pretty simple to understand. What are you confused about?

Two. Both very mundane. May check out the one in Austin .

A small piece of input as a former cop: I'd say 90% of cops are fairly disgruntled with the city/county government they work for, as most folks are about their own jobs. Most cops think a lot of laws are simpy stupid and dont enforce them.

So if anyone is worried that a "Police State" will evolve where local cops are beating down your door to take your guns or money or gold.......or whatever "police state" ideals one has, I think there is 0% chance of that. Cops have DESCRETION. They MUST disobey an order if it is unlawful. Further, they can simply CHOOSE not to enforce a law they feel is petty or improper for the situation. This ability to make the individual choice is the biggest difference between domestic cops and our military, or to a foreign "police" which is basically that nation's military. Cops dont go to jail for disobeying orders. They probably wont even get fired. They can quit any day they want with no consequence other than not getting paid anymore.

So.....it's fair to say, with our law enforcement arrangement, the only laws that will be truly enforced are ones that 95% of cops agree are good. And try getting 95% of cops to agree on anything.....good luck! The ONLY way a true police state would happen here is if martial law were declared, and it was the military as they have the option of jailing their people who don't obey orders. And even then.....I believe the majority of the military would disobey a tyrannical order on their own people.

WHich is why some radical lefties want a UN force of foreign troops to be the globes only ruling force.

But a Stalin-like police state being implemented with our current local cops? No chance. They'd never do it. They already CHOOSE not to enforce dumbass petty laws that mayors and governors pass on a daily basis. A law is nothing but ink on paper without people to enforce it.

All those evil nations or regimes they listed (Pol Pot, Stalin, etc).............do the OWS people not realize that those nations followed THE SAME ideology that 95% of OWS folks are cheering for to come here? Big gov't control, resource redistribution, etc, etc?????

Dumbasses never fail to remind me how dumb they are.

Link?

Link to what? That Stalin was a communist? The left wingers want the same ideals that Pol Pot, Stalin, Lenin, etc, all advocated to become reality here? Redistribution of resources? That can ONLY be done by force. As Stalin and Lenin showed us.

A small piece of input as a former cop: I'd say 90% of cops are fairly disgruntled with the city/county government they work for, as most folks are about their own jobs. Most cops think a lot of laws are simpy stupid and dont enforce them.

So if anyone is worried that a "Police State" will evolve where local cops are beating down your door to take your guns or money or gold.......or whatever "police state" ideals one has, I think there is 0% chance of that. Cops have DESCRETION. They MUST disobey an order if it is unlawful. Further, they can simply CHOOSE not to enforce a law they feel is petty or improper for the situation. This ability to make the individual choice is the biggest difference between domestic cops and our military, or to a foreign "police" which is basically that nation's military. Cops dont go to jail for disobeying orders. They probably wont even get fired. They can quit any day they want with no consequence other than not getting paid anymore.

So.....it's fair to say, with our law enforcement arrangement, the only laws that will be truly enforced are ones that 95% of cops agree are good. And try getting 95% of cops to agree on anything.....good luck! The ONLY way a true police state would happen here is if martial law were declared, and it was the military as they have the option of jailing their people who don't obey orders. And even then.....I believe the majority of the military would disobey a tyrannical order on their own people.

WHich is why some radical lefties want a UN force of foreign troops to be the globes only ruling force.

But a Stalin-like police state being implemented with our current local cops? No chance. They'd never do it. They already CHOOSE not to enforce dumbass petty laws that mayors and governors pass on a daily basis. A law is nothing but ink on paper without people to enforce it.
As a matter of course they wouldn't enforce it as THEY are citizens as the Posse Commtatus ACT has prohibited Military from turning on citizens...by force.

I Think if it came to it? They'd turn on Governmnemnt itself.

Here's the thing Ravi, my daughter goes down there from time to time, and protests with those kids. She is a wonderful student, and a good kid and so are most of the kids who she associates with. I only have that to go on, and can tell you based on that, I would hesitate to condemn a whole group of young people who have nothing but the best of intentions, even though I may not agree with everything they stand for, based on the actions of perhaps one person with an agenda.
Yep. That's what these kids have on their side. Most of the are good kids and have parents that love them.

Calling them shitters and COWS makes people that do the name calling look ridiculous and petty.

But hey, that's our Willow.

cry me a fucking river. The Tea Party endured the insults.. now it's your damn turn. lard ass.
And the Tea Party is nothing like some in the ows.

Yep. That's what these kids have on their side. Most of the are good kids and have parents that love them.

Calling them shitters and COWS makes people that do the name calling look ridiculous and petty.

But hey, that's our Willow.

So, I assume you were equally rational when idiots called the TEA Parties 'racist', right?
Is that a serious question?

Seriously?
Sounds serious to me. Answer please.

As a matter of course they wouldn't enforce it as THEY are citizens as the Posse Commtatus ACT has prohibited Military from turning on citizens...by force.

I Think if it came to it? They'd turn on Governmnemnt itself.

100% right. I know for fact most cops think their host government (being just the politicians of that city or county) is mostly out of touch morons. They do the job anyway, and try to ignore the political BS day to day.

But in the end, if City Hall or the State gov'ts issued a tyrannical law or order, the cops would say "Screw that" and either quit or just refuse to do it. I mean what would the mayors do, "Call the cops" on the cops?

The United States is BLESSED beyond belief with two things: A police force, and a military.....whose morals are such that neither could fathom turning on it's own people. Thats what seperates us from the rest of the world.

I would only act violently against another in Self Defense, or the defense of another Life, I would do what I needed to do to Neutralize, if I was forced to Kill, I probably would, only if there was no other option. Being in such a situation, the Perpetrator, would be the one outside of the Law, Badge or no Badge. Involved in a Demonstration, I would surrender that Right, for the sake of the Others Present, unless it was a lone Psycho Mass Murdering.

Unfortunately, the media and Hollywood have painted a picture of cops that is less than flattering. And most people are morons enough to believe it's reality.

Forum List

Back