Occupy Oakland... Symphony of destruction

I was in Oakland for all the drama. I missed the raid itself, but was there for the march and the tear gas. Thought I'd share my account of it.

Riot Police Destroy Occupy Encampment and Tear Gas Media

OccupyOakland: A Gallery of Rebels

I talked to Josh tonight. He's the guy from Veterans for Peace in the Navy uniform in all the videos. He told me that Scott is off the respirator and expecting a full recovery. He is conscious and able to do basic math, but still unable to speak. Recovery is going to be a long process but they expect no permanent brain damage.

Oscar Grant Plaza is in full swing again. The tents are back up and they're rebuilding camp.

Last edited:
This movement doesn't look like it's going away anytime soon.

In fact, it seems to be picking up steam as the police come down harder on it.

Im happy to hear he is doing better I would love to hear his story when he is recovered
I am not ashamed to say tears came to my eyes watching incident

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbIunCYrH38&feature=feedlik]CIA Manchurian operatives at Occupy Wall Street. - YouTube[/ame]

Activists with Occupy Oakland are promoting a general strike across the city Wednesday and are urging other groups nationwide to organize similar events.

We're asking people not to go to work and not to go to school that day," he said.

Oakland protesters organize citywide strike

Teachers from at least one Oakland school -- Bridges Academy at Melrose on 53rd Avenue -- have decided to participate in the citywide general strike on Wednesday. A bilingual flier distributed to parents says that teachers and parents will meet in front of the East Oakland school at 8:45 a.m. and walk together to the Fruitvaile BART Station, where they will catch the train to Frank H. Ogawa Plaza. The fliers says, "We, the teachers at Bridges... will not be in our classrooms that day, all day."

Live Blog: Teachers at one Oakland school will join boycott - San Jose Mercury News

Fire them. I'm sure there are plenty of unemployed teachers looking for work in CA.

Activists with Occupy Oakland are promoting a general strike across the city Wednesday and are urging other groups nationwide to organize similar events.

We're asking people not to go to work and not to go to school that day," he said.

Oakland protesters organize citywide strike

Teachers from at least one Oakland school -- Bridges Academy at Melrose on 53rd Avenue -- have decided to participate in the citywide general strike on Wednesday. A bilingual flier distributed to parents says that teachers and parents will meet in front of the East Oakland school at 8:45 a.m. and walk together to the Fruitvaile BART Station, where they will catch the train to Frank H. Ogawa Plaza. The fliers says, "We, the teachers at Bridges... will not be in our classrooms that day, all day."

Live Blog: Teachers at one Oakland school will join boycott - San Jose Mercury News

Fire them. I'm sure there are plenty of unemployed teachers looking for work in CA.

I wouldn't bet on that happening. Looks like some businesses have joined in solidarity, too:

The closed stores included national chains such as Rite Aid, Tully's Coffee and Foot Locker. Some of the stores that remained open would only accept cash to honor the strike and avoid sending credit card fees to multinational corporations and banks.

Read more: Many Oakland stores close for strike

Using children as props:

dontfwithoakland-500x333.jpg

killcops-500x333.jpg

burnthiscity-500x749.jpg

Profanity, cop killing, arson... Yep Just like the Tea Party. :evil:

Someone in the comment section noted that the stroller looks like a Bugaboo - costs about $800. :cuckoo:

Including the mayor. The police will now stand by and watch the city burn.

Who now would do business in Oakland? The economic fallout will be felt for years. Nice going Occupiers. Oakland will be the poster child for a liberal "utopia".

Including the mayor. The police will now stand by and watch the city burn.

Who now would do business in Oakland? The economic fallout will be felt for years. Nice going Occupiers. Oakland will be the poster child for a liberal "utopia".

Is Oakland burning, Chanel?

Do not think that this general strike only cut into business activities in Oakland for one day. Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce head Joseph Haraburda has seen the lasting damage these actions have inflicted on Oakland's reputation as a place to do business. He counts three commercial tenant cancellations, including one for an operation that would have hired 100 employees.

California Gov. Jerry Brown, a former mayor of Oakland, devoted his tenure to enticing 10,000 new residents to live downtown. Mayor Jean Quan has undone that good work. Who wants to buy a condo in the land of broken windows?

Oakland has thriving, top-rated restaurants. Who wants to dine out in a town littered with too much graffiti and too little police protection?

These demonstrations threaten to starve the goose that pays for precious city services.

The Root of All Oakland - Debra J. Saunders - Townhall Conservative

It's the beginning of the end Obama has planned for America with his OWS movement.

He's going to get the rest of the world to stop accepting US Dollars and then it gets ugly all at once everywhere

Do not think that this general strike only cut into business activities in Oakland for one day. Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce head Joseph Haraburda has seen the lasting damage these actions have inflicted on Oakland's reputation as a place to do business. He counts three commercial tenant cancellations, including one for an operation that would have hired 100 employees.

California Gov. Jerry Brown, a former mayor of Oakland, devoted his tenure to enticing 10,000 new residents to live downtown. Mayor Jean Quan has undone that good work. Who wants to buy a condo in the land of broken windows?

Oakland has thriving, top-rated restaurants. Who wants to dine out in a town littered with too much graffiti and too little police protection?

These demonstrations threaten to starve the goose that pays for precious city services.

The Root of All Oakland - Debra J. Saunders - Townhall Conservative
Typical leftist strategy at work:

Ready, fire, aim.

These people simply can't comprehend that actions have consequences.

Ah, okay.

Some folks are buring trash on the streets.

Well, having lived through a period of REAL RIOTING, lets just say that, as rioting goes, Oakland still needs to ratchet things up before it will impress (or concern) me much.

You want to see what real civil disorder looks like Chanel? It looks like this:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en....,cf.osb&fp=ea877ac3f9761668&biw=1280&bih=868

Ah, Just some "folks burning trash in the streets"? :doubt:

How about Denver editec?

Police have arrested an Occupy Fort Collins protester in connection with a $10 million arson fire that damaged dozens of condominiums and businesses in Fort Collins.

Benjamin David Gilmore, 29, was arrested on Thursday night on suspicion of arson, burglary and criminal mischief.

Explosives investigators found the cause of the fire was incendiary, meaning the fire was intentionally set, officials said.
Occupy Protester Arrested In $10M Arson Fire - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

Ya know what would serve Oakland right.

If all the businesses LEFT.

There was no general strike. There was a lot of violence. It would serve Oakland right if all businesses left. Leave the place a ghost town populated only by zombie rioters.

Forum List

Back