Occupy Charlotte re-opens camp blocks from DNC site

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Occupy Charlotte re-opens camp blocks from DNC site

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Occupy Charlotte protesters reopened their uptown encampment late Friday night at Marshall Park, a site where they expect hundreds to camp, demonstrate and sleep during the Democratic National Convention.

Occupy Charlotte organizers say they have talked with Charlotte-Mecklenburg police leaders, who they said would allow the demonstrators to camp at Marshall Park throughout the convention. Buses containing as many as 100 people were expected to arrive by early Saturday morning, though protesters said there could be many more by the end of the weekend.
Occupy Charlotte re-opens camp blocks from DNC site | WCNC.com Charlotte

I think the OWS has had it's day. We'll wait and see.

Last edited:
Well, I'd hate to see anyone get hurt or property damage but there's an evil side of me that would smirk at the irony of Pelosi's "God Bless them!" statement. Due rewards, in a sense.

At least they're protesting in the right place. If you can call unshowered, gluten intolerant, vegans protestors lol.

Last edited:
hippies.jpg

— Farm Labor Organizing Committee. The farm workers’ union says it will use the national attention around the convention to highlight issues facing farm workers and other North Carolina workers.

— No Papers No Fear. A coalition of immigrant rights’ advocates, it has organized UndocuBus — a group of 40 undocumented people that has been traveling by bus from Arizona to Charlotte. The bus has been making stops along the way to highlight problems facing the immigrant community.

— Greenpeace. An international environmental group, it has been critical of Charlotte-based Duke Energy and its CEO Jim Rogers. The group claims Duke’s coal fired plants have contributed to global warming.

— North Carolina Values Coalition. An anti-abortion group that supports North Carolina’s constitutional ban on same-sex marriage, it is holding a Rally for Marriage and Religious Liberty on Thursday — the same day President Barack Obama makes his acceptance speech at Bank of America Stadium.

All the Cuckoo's are coming out of the woodwork.. :cuckoo:

I pray for his safety

Good...I wanna see how they act.
Will Princess Nancy's little darling be well behaved or
will they show their true colors and act up.

OWS never was very relevant the media just tried to make it that way so they could have a liberal version of the Tea Party but when it got ugly and the violence started you saw how quick the media dropped their coverage of OWS. You can bet if the occupy people cause any trouble at the Democratic convention it won't be covered.

Good...I wanna see how they act.
Will Princess Nancy's little darling be well behaved or
will they show their true colors and act up.

If that steaming pile of protesters doesn't act up, that will be a first. I bet that the Dems will be watching them like hawks or maybe even trying to organize them. I don't expect it'll make headline news when they do rape, steal or attack people like they've done countless times in the past.

I bet the DNC or maybe Soros will provide them with porta potties so they don't stink up the place and leave their trademark trail of poop.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Evergreen International has teamed up with Febreze in preparation for the OWS occupation of Charlotte, NC, to coincide with the Democratic Party's national convention. Pictured below is a water bomber, a converted Boeing 747, test-dropping 24,000 gallons of odor eliminator. Donald Watkins, head engineer of Evergreen, and Maryann Jordan, Marketing Director for Febreze, said in a statement released yesterday that "Judging from other OWS camps we visited, we think at least three passes will be required."

evergreen_747.jpg

They're welcome to protest peacefully. That's what America is all about. I wonder if the Brooks Brothers Rioters from 2000 will show up?

They're welcome to protest peacefully. That's what America is all about. I wonder if the Brooks Brothers Rioters from 2000 will show up?

The problem is a lot of the occupy people did not protest peacefully that is what pretty much ended the movement Oakland being the most glaring example but not the only one.

The problem is a lot of the occupy people did not protest peacefully that is what pretty much ended the movement Oakland being the most glaring example but not the only one.

Most protestors could not adequately articulate why they were there. It was just a protest to protest against authority. Who knows if they have a message this time.

OWS, glad to see them back, maybe Obama will sit down with them and have a beer.

Most protestors could not adequately articulate why they were there. It was just a protest to protest against authority. Who knows if they have a message this time.

If they didn't have one the first time it's highly doubtful they will have one this time.

I'm happy to see OWS back. They need to shift back in gear though, and make sure the message stays proper.

I'm happy to see OWS back. They need to shift back in gear though, and make sure the message stays proper.

If they focus on changing government and limiting WS in influencing government, then I hope the best for them. If they are going to take dumps on cars, then to hell with them.

New Topics

Forum List

Back