Occupy calling for nationwide general strike on 11/2

Nov 2 is an annual leave day for me so I won't have to go on strike.

WOW I was really sweating it. LOL

The call for a general strike appears to have originated in Oakland after the incident there. It may not come to anything nationwide. My feeling is that this would be premature, that Occupy should go ahead with plans for the national convention in Philadelphia next year and presentation of demands to the government, with disruptive activities like a general strike called for only afterwards.

It is definitely not in train for 11/2 at this point, only being talked about.

Most participants in the Occupy movement do have jobs, yes. Of those who don't, or don't work full time, many are students.

The idea that all of them are unemployed might possibly come from the inherent selfishness and self-centeredness that seems to afflict so many on the right, so that they cannot understand why anyone would be an advocate for the unemployed unless he is unemployed himself. Or it might stem from something else; be that as it may, it's incorrect.

It's a good way to generate more interest in the movement. Don't know how many Americans will have the balls to do it???????????????

Like I said: baby on the plane, squalling to generate interest in its "movement" has the same motive.

I don't give it any more credit for haveing "the balls to do it" than I do occupiers.

Occupy is upping the ante and calling for a general strike on November 2. Last one was in 1946. Will this also be "peaceful"??

Occupy Wall Street Launching First Nationwide General Strike In America Since 1946

Sorry I have to pay the bills, can't afford the day off of work to protest against people who create wealth (and provide me the opportunity to get a job with compensation based on my value to said job).

Who is creating wealth? I'd like to meet them..shake hands.

Most of the wealthy in this country extract wealth. And in vast amounts. That's why they are wealthy.

It's a good way to generate more interest in the movement. Don't know how many Americans will have the balls to do it???????????????

Even better is how many will have the balls to tell their boss the real reason why they're not at work and not use a "I'm not feeling well" excuse....????

Forum List

Back