Occupy 2012: How Obama Plans To Use Wall Street Protests Against Republicans

How's that negative campaign against the OWS movement going?

People have been indoctrinated in OWS philosophy since they are 6 years old.

.Every politically controlled educational system will inculcate the doctrine of state supremacy sooner or later. . . . Once that doctrine has been accepted, it becomes an almost superhuman task to break the stranglehold of the political power over the life of the citizen. It has had his body, property and mind in its clutches from infancy. An octopus would sooner release its prey. A tax-supported, compulsory educational system is the complete model of the totalitarian state.

–Isabel Paterson, The God of the Machine (1943)

I'm not entirely sure that everyone in the OWS movement supports Obama.

In fact I know damned well they don't.

Obama has proven to be still another "reasonable" (read compliant to the system) Dem.

But I do think it a safe bet that the vast majority of OWS protestors aren't going to vote for Republicans, either.

Obama has proven to be still another "reasonable" (read compliant to the system) Dem.

But I do think it a safe bet that the vast majority of OWS protestors aren't going to vote for Republicans, either.

Well, at this point in time the American Communist Party is not an option, so they will have to choose the next best thing:Obama.

I think it's a safe bet that most won't vote at all! This is an inchoate, incoherent, idiotic movement populated with defecating deadbeats, drunks, and drug addicts with short attention spans. By the time the election rolls around in 13 months, a good majority of these bums will have forgotten all about this..........

Embracing the 99%ers can't hurt...especially when so many people support the movement. (Something like 56% in a recent poll)

Precisely. It would be a good political move for Obama, IF he can pull it off, but there's a reason he might not be able to. This movement grew out of the same roots as the activism that elected him president. It has turned its energy now to protest in the streets because he let them down. So w/r/t Occupy Wall Street, he has a lot of baggage.

Forum List

Back