Occultism and spiritualism

This is as close to what I believe that I have ever stumbled across on the net that expressed my most inner thoughts....and tickled my ear. So in essence...this is what I think is truth. For me, anyway.

(Sorry..it's kinda long...but ya gotta read it all to get the gist).

Author Unknown

Well, it had been yet another bad day in the office, and once again it was the fault of that new girl, Mary Ann. She is one of those Wiccans, a so called witch. How can anyone in their right mind make this claim, knowing that it goes against God and all of the teachings of the Bible?

She doesn't even have the common decency to keep her satanic symbol, her pentagram necklace hidden from the view of the decent, God fearing people in the office. She has some nerve. I find that I cannot hate her for this though, for I know that she has been deceived. Satan works his evil in ways that she cannot see. I've seen that so called Wiccan Rede that she has tacked to the wall above her computer. On the surface, it looks like a decent loving belief, but all one must do is look, look closely and see that by practicing this way, and not embracing Jesus Christ as savior, she is on the pathway to hell.

As I've said, it was a bad day in the office. Three times in the past few weeks I have been called in to see my supervisor, and he has told me that I am not allowed to preach to Mary Ann the word of God, to show her the error of her ways. Today, my supervisor told me that if I continue to "harass" Mary Ann, he will be forced to terminate me. How can he say this? He himself is a God fearing man. And, how can he be so tolerant of the evil that he sees insinuating itself into our workplace?

As I lay down to sleep last night, I asked the Lord for guidance. "God, grant me a true vision of you, so that I may better lead the faithless onto the righteous path." "Oh, a true vision of Me is it? Are you sure that you're ready, truly ready to see, my son?"

I sat bolt upright in bed, and there, at the foot of my bed, white of hair and beard, in a long, flowing white robe, stood the Lord my God. I made to leap from the bed and fall to my knees in front of Him, but he stopped me with a gesture. "Kneel not before me at this time my son. Instead, rise and walk with Me, so that you may get a glimpse of what I truly am, as you asked of me in your prayer."

He took my hand, and as I looked, my bedroom was no longer there, but a pathway thru the woods. We started to walk, and I was too awestruck for words. We took the path to the left, and we were then inside St. Catherine's Church, in the middle of a service. While still standing beside me, God seemed to expand and fill the whole of the church. I could see smiles of contentment forming on some of the parishioners’ faces. I felt blessed. God smiled upon me.

"The Catholics hold such pretty masses, don't they? I like to stop here in this church, because not only do they speak the words, but they live the life, thru teaching, helping the sick and poor, not only with handouts, but helping them learn to help themselves. Now let us walk on."

And we were back on the pathway. We traveled a bit further along, and then were in the parlor of a funeral home. A young woman was kneeling before the casket, resting her head on it and crying. I could see by the similarity, that this dead man must be her father. God knelt bedside her, and drew His arms about her. "Miss him, that is all right, but weep not for him, for now he is with Me." She wiped her eyes, and stood with a sad smile upon her face, and said "Good-Bye Daddy. I'll miss you." and turned and left the room.

And we were back on the pathway. We walked a little ways, and we were in front of a large lodge of some kind. I could hear music and laughter spilling out of the window. I turned to look at God, and was shocked to see, not the flowing white robe, but Him wearing leather and animal furs, his hair and beard now the color of wheat, and a sword strapped across His back. He strode forth, and I saw him approach a figure I had not seen before. As I looked close, I was shocked to see that it was the same face that I had just seen dead, but looking young and strong, and dressed in ancient looking garb, an ax strapped to his waist. God strode up to him and grabbed him in a great bear hug. "Welcome my son. We've been waiting for you. Now, go inside and raise a cup or two, and meet with your brother." And, with a hearty slap on the back, he sent the man inside. And then we were back on the pathway.

We walked a bit further, and then we were in a mosque. At least I believed so, as I had never been in one before, but had seen pictures of them. The group of worshippers was not large, but I could see their rapt faces as they listened to the mullah speak. He was speaking to them of purity, both of the mind and the body, bringing them closer to Allah. And as he spoke, God, dressed now in the robes of the desert, walked among them and briefly laid his hands upon each set of shoulders. And, from their faces, I could see that these men knew that the words of the mullah were true, and that their spirits felt touched by God. And then we were back on the pathway.

After we had walked a bit, we found ourselves in an African village. People with skin as black as night, the women with their breasts shamefully bared, were dancing in a circle, to the rhythm of the drums being played by a group of men. Somehow though, I was not offended by the bared breasts, and the music seemed to seep into my soul. God was then a mighty lion, and He let forth a mighty roar. The villagers did not seem to hear, but the drums increased their pounding, and the dancers danced with a frenzy, and then we were back on the pathway.

We walked a bit more, and were on the top of a cliff. There sat, painted and covered with feathers, an old Navajo man. As I watched, he seemed to change into the form of an eagle and take flight, and we were flying with him, soaring high into the air, seeing the vista spread out below us. And God, in the form of an eagle Himself, seemed to guide this other eagle thru the air, over mountains and thru valleys, until he came upon a group of men. As I watched, the old Navajo man was no longer an eagle, but a young boy instead, and he sat at the feet of these men, to listen to the words of his elders. And then we were back on the pathway.

We traveled a bit, and then we were in a forest clearing. I knew this place. It was known as a place of devil worship and evil. In the center of the clearing roared a great bonfire, and tiki torches outlined a circle of sorts. Inside this circle, in a circle themselves, stood 7 men and 6 women, dressed in robes of varying colors, their arms raised to the moon. Was that one woman Mary Ann? I really couldn't be sure. And God walked among them in the circle, touching each one. He seemed not to be an older man now, but as he made each of three turns around the circle, he was first a young girl, bouncing with energy, then a woman of middle years, with a tender smile for all Her children, and finally, an old woman, body bent, but holding Her head up with pride. And a woman stepped forward, and yes, it was Mary Ann, and lifted her head to the sky. "Great Goddess, Mother of us all, thank you for joining us tonight. Stay if You will, go if You must. Know in our hearts You will always be welcome. Blessed be!!"

And we were back on the pathway. As we walked along, ahead in the distance I saw the most beautiful man. Yes, beautiful, though I would never normally think of a man this way. With blonde hair, and a golden robe, he seemed to radiate sunshine. God and this golden man nodded to each other as they passed, sharing a smile together. "My Lord" I asked, "was that an angel?" "Well, yes, he is known as that to some. He is also known to some as a god himself. That was Lucifer."

And His words caused me to stumble. I couldn't believe that we had just passed the ultimate evil. God looked at me, and He knew my mind. And he chuckled a bit. "Think about it logically My son. The Lucifer that you know is a fallen angel, cast out of heaven for challenging Me. If I am the all powerful being, above all others, how could he do this? How could I allow it?" "But, the Bible..." I stammered. "The Bible is a wonderful book, as are the Koran and the Torah and many others, but they are just books, written by the hand of man, not written by Me. And, it's a bit confusing as well if truth be known, but that's not up to Me to fix. These books are wonderful, but only as guidance, for each man and woman must think for themselves." And, I believed He was right in this.

"Now, come forth, we must journey a little more before you go back." And He took my hand once again. As we followed the pathway, we soared thru the stars, listening to the music of the heavens, we became a little flower and a mighty oak, we became a babbling brook, and a mighty ocean. We flitted from flower to flower as a little honey bee, and ran across the plains as a mighty stallion. And, all too soon, the pathway returned us to my home. God held my hand a moment longer, and smiled into my face, "My son, you prayed tonight for a true vision of Me. For vision, you must only open your eyes and see what there is to see. Good night to you."

And then He was gone, and I was back in my bed. A dream I thought, only a dream, that couldn't have been real. At that time, a bolt of lightning lit up my room thru the window, and thunder crashed thru the sky, and I thought I heard, from seemingly far away, "Remember, the Lord works in mysterious ways My son."

This morning as I entered the office, I went to the machine for a cup of coffee, and standing there, I spied Mary Ann. As I approached her, I could see her barely cringe, and I could see in her face that she was expecting yet another onslaught from me and my book. She seemed to cast her eyes about for a way to escape, but there was none. I walked up to her and smiled. " I think I owe you a bit of an apology" I said. "I've been a bit narrow minded of late, and I really had no right to subject you to what I did. It's not up to me to say how you find your path to your spirit, and I was wrong to think that was so." Mary Ann just stood there, not knowing what to say. "So, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry, and I hope you will forgive my trespass. God bless you Mary Ann, and...uh...Blessed Be"

Occultism and spiritualism

supernatural, mystical, or magical beliefs, practices, or phenomena.

a belief that spirits of the dead communicate with the living usually through a medium

Isn't this the point where someone asks if we have just crossed over into the Twilight Zone?

twilight-zone-door-eye-mind-animated-gif.gif

No, this is not a one liner. It is a preface. When unexplained things happen, people get a little nervous. So, let me throw out something unexplained from my younger days.

It was late night, and I was driving home through Century City here in L. A. Suddenly there was this tone. Not an audible tone it felt like a lazer beam had hit me, and I became a bit paralyzed. I was in a residential section near the two well known skyscraper, and I could not move. I slumped down in the seat of the car. This went on for about five minutes, and then it was gone. While I heard no words or other audible communication, I felt confronted by power. Perhaps related to the skyscrapers off in the distance. Specifically, it was these two skyscrapers.

4540107848_3fd95bc969_z.jpg
panoramic-images-buildings-and-skyscrapers-in-century-city-los-angeles-california-usa.jpg

These were buildings I saw every day. Mainly they are lawyers offices. The land they were built upon does have some history to it. When Twentieth Century Fox went bust on the movie Cleopatra, they had to sell off these backlots to cover their losses. They nearly went under.

At the time, my mother sent me to my primary care physician because it could have been a heart attack, (or so she sumized). The doctor gave me a clear bill of health, but sent me to a psychiatrist, (not paranormal, just a regular head shrinker). The net of that conversation was that commercial air line pilots see things in the night sky they can not explain. His advice was to consider every possibility in the real world. Maybe someone was playing with a lazer device. Maybe it was the white fish I had had for lunch. Maybe it was stress from my job hunting. And, on my list went.

The psychiatrist concluded. Think of your mind as a building with ten floors. Take this question, get on the elevator, and stop (in your mind) on a floor where there is little going on. Take this problem to that floor and stick it in a corner. Leave all your observations there. Now forget about it. You don't know what this experience was, and you may never know. But, if you ever want to reexamine the event, everything is there. However, you really do not have the time to work on this problem, there are other more pressing matters. Now, 15 years later, this is the first time I have brought it up since it happened.

If there was some sort of message for me it was this. "Do not be attracted to power, it is best to keep your distance."

Last edited:

Doubtful. I prefer to think of it as white fish. What if it was something paranormal? What do I gain from investing time in trying to deal with it.

I remembered something else that psychiatrist said. "Airline pilots who admit they have seen a UFO have flown their last commercial flight. All pilots know this." Captains of 747 make over $200,000 a year. So, even if I am lying to myself, isn't that better than becoming some kind of media freak?

giphy.gif

I am in advertising, we lie all the time. Like I said, I have not thought about this in 15 years, it is just not that important. So, I conclude, "bad white fish." And, that is the point of this post to remember. However, it feels good to finally tell this story.

I do not know if this thread will take off, as I may be the only one here that knows what I am talking about.:badgrin:

But here is a sample of my beliefs and experiences.

I always had spiritual feelings, even from early childhood, and in childhood, I used to open my heart to God by thinking of opening a door in it. I could always feel energy flowing into me when I did that and after a lifetime of occult experience I now realize what I was doing was consciously opening my heart chakra. There is a lot more to this story but I want to tell you that we are all spiritual beings incarnate in the flesh and we have many bodies that lay dormant and exist in higher dimensions. These higher bodies are linked to the physical body through what is called the etheric body, and that body contains the chakras, or energy centers.

There are usually considered to be 7 main chakras, but there are also many minor chakras. Maybe 21 or more. There are minor chakras in the souls of the feet, and the palms of the hands and the temples. I know this for a fact as I have used them to channel energy for many years.

That will do for openers. Anyone got any comments?

I always felt spiritual as a kid to.

I can remember to even in the midst of extreme chaos surrounding adult family members feeling safe and protected in thoughts of love and peace.

Although as an adult I feel it less I know it's still there. :cool:

I attended a painting class by Gladys Mayer in the 1970s, and she was a student of Rudolph Steiner. She had actually studied under him, and she wrote several books about colour and spiritual healing.

Colour and Healing: How Color Affects Us - E. Merry, Gladys Mayer, Gladys Mayer - Google Books

When I was a kid I used to see people as colors, later someone told me that was called aura's but in investigating it it didn't fit the book descriptions in the way they present it and how I experienced it.

I don't see people that way anymore.

This is as close to what I believe that I have ever stumbled across on the net that expressed my most inner thoughts....and tickled my ear. So in essence...this is what I think is truth. For me, anyway.

(Sorry..it's kinda long...but ya gotta read it all to get the gist).

I read it and I loved it, thanks for posting it. You might also like the teachings of Sri Ramakrishna, as follows.

Many are the names of God and infinite the forms through which he may be approached.
In whatever name and form you worship him through that you will realize him.

In honour of that I have changed my signature.

Last edited:
"You are spirit. The real you, the consciousness, is spirit. As you strengthen this realization through meditation and worship of your Creator your spirit will begin to dominate the physical atoms, until your body becomes irradiated with life, and every particle obeys the direction of spirit, the real you."

White Eagle, spirit guide of Grace Cook.

Last edited:
As I suspected, this thread seems to have no future, because as usual I am talking to myself when it comes to the occult. So to cap it off here is a link to my late gurus web site. There are many tapes of him giving lectures, and I recommend you to listen to some of them. They are very inspiring.

Gururaj Ananda Yogi

You have to realize that a lot of people do not share or know your practices, which does not mean they do not have any spiritual or religious beliefs. It is difficult to comment on something one does not share just have some knowledge about.
Don't take it as a disrespect.

As I suspected, this thread seems to have no future, because as usual I am talking to myself when it comes to the occult. So to cap it off here is a link to my late gurus web site. There are many tapes of him giving lectures, and I recommend you to listen to some of them. They are very inspiring.

Gururaj Ananda Yogi

You have to realize that a lot of people do not share or know your practices, which does not mean they do not have any spiritual or religious beliefs. It is difficult to comment on something one does not share just have some knowledge about.

No indeed! I know there are some very spiritual people on the forum, but practical use of the occult tends to be a minority activity. But the thread has revived a bit after I bounced it. There is still more I could say about self healing and stuff like that, and maybe I will.

I attended a painting class by Gladys Mayer in the 1970s, and she was a student of Rudolph Steiner. She had actually studied under him, and she wrote several books about colour and spiritual healing.

Colour and Healing: How Color Affects Us - E. Merry, Gladys Mayer, Gladys Mayer - Google Books

When I was a kid I used to see people as colors, later someone told me that was called aura's but in investigating it it didn't fit the book descriptions in the way they present it and how I experienced it.

When did that stop? Was there color to different auras that you could call a pattern? How prominent were the auras?

Dajjal, were you taught that different colors represented different illnesses?

Yes! The spirit guide Ramadahn, guide of the late Ursular Roberts, spoke extensively about colours in the aura and the effect of channeling colour in healing. I remember the medium talking about Grey and dark colours in the aura indicating illness. I do not remember much about it off hand, as I studied under her in the 1970's but I have a booklet about it by her. I just found some of it on the Internet so here is a link. I also recommend a book called "Healing through colour" by Theo Gimbel

http://www.meilach.com/spiritual/ramadahn_vol_1/index.htm

Last edited:

When did that stop? Was there color to different auras that you could call a pattern? How prominent were the auras?

At the time my family felt it wrong and they prayed for it to go away.

I remember seeing people as colors until I hit my teenage years.

The way I saw them as colors is not the way it's described in aura books so I don't know how to explain it.

I would just look at a person when I was a little kid and I would just see that they were mostly a "green" person, or "yellow" color it's hard to explain but the colors had feelings to them.

:dunno:

My mother was religious back then and I would tell her things and she would say that's wrong let's pray about it.

It's just gone now.

The practical occult begins with knowledge of the etheric body. It is not really a body but a connecting energy shell that joins the physical body to the higher bodies, such as the astral and mental bodies. Like I said in the OP there are 7 main chakras (or energy centers) but there are also 21 minor chakras that are usually overlooked. But knowledge of them is important if you want to learn how to channel psychic energy. I felt this energy long before I found out about the minor chakras, But it was not until I purchased a book called "Hands of light" by Barbara Brennan, that I saw a diagram of them. The book is avaliable as a free pdf download.

Barbara Brennan School of Healing
Coo coo.

Gururaj Ananda Yogi

No indeed! I know there are some very spiritual people on the forum, but practical use of the occult tends to be a minority activity. But the thread has revived a bit after I bounced it. There is still more I could say about self healing and stuff like that, and maybe I will.

That is true, but the main reason is that there are similar ways to the practical ways of the occult in many religious practices, so people are more accustomed to what they know traditionally.
And I would like to hear what you have to say - it is interesting.
When I was a teenager I did read a lot on the spirituality of Indian yogi and I did practice the exercises at the time. However, life whirlpool changed a lot, and one has to have a very steady lifestyle to continue :)
It was on the other side of the globe from where I live now and much closer to the initial source than now.

One technique I was taught is the cleansing of your own aura. I hope I can explain it in words, but if you have been depressed or nervous you attract negative psychic energy to yourself. Or for that matter you may be in a place where there is a lot of negative energy around you that is not of your own making. So you may wish to cleanse your own aura.

First place the palms of your hands together in prayer, then pray for upliftment. You can recite the lords prayer if you want, or use your own words asking for upliftment.
All the time you are praying keep holding your hands up with the palms together.
The object of that is to build up psychic energy between your palms, holding them together short circuits your chakras and they build up energy.

When you have finished praying place the finger tips of both hands on your brow in the center of your forehead. Then sweep your hands back over the top of your head and down the back of your neck, then sweep them outward over your shoulders. Then move your hands to the front of your shoulders with the right hand over the right shoulder and the left hand over the left shoulder, then sweep your hands down in an arc that crosses over your chest, and stomach, then outward over your thighs. Then sweep your hands down the front of your legs from your thighs to your feet, and outward along your feet.

Do each of these movements several times. After you have finished shake your hands, and then wash them to remove the negative energy's.

I did this many times when feeling the need of relief from nerves, and it had an uplifting effect. There are a number of other ways which included rotating your palms over your chakras, but that's enough for now.

Forum List

Back