Obtaining Cheney Rally Ticket Requires Signing Bush Endorsement

T

TheOne

Obtaining Cheney Rally Ticket Requires Signing Bush Endorsement

By Jeff Jones
Journal Staff Writer
Some would-be spectators hoping to attend Vice President Dick Cheney's rally in Rio Rancho this weekend walked out of a Republican campaign office miffed and ticketless Thursday after getting this news:

Unless you sign an endorsement for President George W. Bush, you're not getting any passes.

The Albuquerque Bush-Cheney Victory office in charge of doling out the tickets to Saturday's event was requiring the endorsement forms from people it could not verify as supporters.

article

Moi said:

So you can't watch Cheney speak unless you are voting for him? What's the point? Can an undecided voter or a barely Kerry voter watch him speak and form an opinion? Seems ridiculous and counterproductive to me, but if that's how Bush/Cheney want to reach out...

TheOne said:
So you can't watch Cheney speak unless you are voting for him? What's the point? Can an undecided voter or a barely Kerry voter watch him speak and form an opinion? Seems ridiculous and counterproductive to me, but if that's how Bush/Cheney want to reach out...

Kinda reminds one of what the DNC did to bloggers they issued credential for and then rescinded, doesn't it? :bat:

Saturday's event was requiring the endorsement forms from people it could not verify as supporters.
Main Entry: sup·port·er
Function: noun
: one that supports or acts as a support : as a : ADHERENT, PARTISAN

I do not see the fact that they are limiting access only to supporters. That way hecklers are not present. A rally is not designed to "reach out". it is to "rally" supporters.

Why are you trying to make an issue where there is none?

It is not different than the rally that was held over the weekend with McAluffe and the rest wherein media was not allowed.

Why is he bothering to speak to people who are already voting for him? Is he scared of having a heckler in the crowd? Is he paranoid? Is this how the GOP wishes to mislead the American public by surrounding their candidates with sworn sycophants for photo-ops?

That's a real cross-section of the "mainstream"?

Bill Clinton did the same thing at his infamous town hall frauds. If you wanted to ask a question you had to submit it in writing beforehand and then it was either approved or disapproved so Bill would not have to answer tough questions. He made it sem like he was answering random questions when in reality it was all scripted.

TheOne said:
So I suppose people you don't like, don't like you should be allowed to force their way into your home?

You are so in left field...anyone, anywhere can put whatever restrictions they want on their entrance requirements. If they can charge $10,000 a plate so be it, let them charge an entrance pledge.

Moi said:
So I suppose people you don't like, don't like you should be allowed to force their way into your home?

You are so in left field...anyone, anywhere can put whatever restrictions they want on their entrance requirements. If they can charge $10,000 a plate so be it, let them charge an entrance pledge.

I didn't have a problem with Kerry/Edwards sending home the bush bloggers. Why would I? Their party!

TheOne said:

It's first Cheney and the photographer race scandal, and now mere hours later he's causing another ruckus with the signatures. We don't see much at all of Cheney , he's behind the scenes kind of schmoozer who's oil connections are worth millions to the campaign and this just happens to be the kind of meeting where all that is going on.

The UK rag with Mamta Popat and now the Albequerque folks, what is with these reporters and their access rights to our #2 man? It's a private party, you're not invited.

Forum List

Back