Obsurdity of Abortion

Oct 12, 2004
Conneaut Lake
The following is a story I wrote in my Creative Writing class. My teacher and I got quite a charge out of it and it angered several teachers that were democrats:

“That’s odd,” I thought to myself. “I thought I was guaranteed life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness by the Declaration of Independence.”
“Well, you aren’t a man yet; you are just 17 years old,” replied my mom, a former women’s rights activist. “The decision to abort you is still my choice as a woman.”
I just stood there in amazement. I had no right to live because it was my mother’s “right to choose.” She dropped by the front desk of the pharmacy to tell me that she couldn’t afford to send me to college and didn’t want to live in shame because of me; so she was aborting me. Ever since the Democrats took control of the Senate, House, and Supreme Court, “Women’s Rights” has been “progressed.”
“I’m sorry, son, but you’re no more than a mass of tissue to me. It’s OK, though; I’m donating your dead body to the stem cell research center so some rich actor can walk again.”
“Isn’t abortion just murder by another name?” I pleaded. I knew my argument was falling upon deaf ears. My mother is a self-described feminist that still lives in the seventies.
“Look, it’s not an issue of life or death. It’s an issue of me, as a woman, not wanting to have a child. It’s my choice.” All at once my mother’s comments hit me like a ton of bricks: my mother was serious about aborting me.
“Was it not the choice of those crazy men in the movie Texas Chainsaw Massacre to kill innocent people? Murderers still have to suffer the consequences of their choices.”
“Are you likening my choice to abort you to murder? That’s so insensitive. Who are you to tell me what is right for me?” My mother was quite angry with me, and, as head pharmacist of the drugstore, she fired me.

YoungChristian said:
The story was not allowed to be published in the school's literary digest because it was "divisive." Where's the ACLU to protect my free speech?

LOL - "divisive". What a lovely choice of words! I suppose that means that the article might divide the reader from liberal dogma. Tyranny that invites us to join hands and sing "Kum Ba Ya" is still tyranny.

This is absolutely the most ridiculous stretch of suspension of disbelief that has ever been done. :lame2:

take a :chillpill before you go :cuckoo:

SmarterThanYou said:
This is absolutely the most ridiculous stretch of suspension of disbelief that has ever been done. :lame2:
:

I don't know, man. Have you ever watched "West Wing"? It's really nuts. It's this show where Democrats get elected to office and people actually listen to them. What a riot!

musicman said:
LOL - "divisive". What a lovely choice of words! I suppose that means that the article might divide the reader from liberal dogma. Tyranny that invites us to join hands and sing "Kum Ba Ya" is still tyranny.

Nice! That's two signature-worthy quotes in one post!

musicman said:
I don't know, man. Have you ever watched "West Wing"? It's really nuts. It's this show where Democrats get elected to office and people actually listen to them. What a riot!
no, i refuse to watch TV shows about politicians. The real ones are bad enough, no reason for me to watch a bunch of people act it out as well.

SmarterThanYou said:
no, i refuse to watch TV shows about politicians. The real ones are bad enough, no reason for me to watch a bunch of people act it out as well.

LOL! I GOTTA be some kind of glutton for punishment!

Forum List

Back