Obstructionist Senate Democrats block Keystone. For now

The oil and natural gas industries are capital intensive and filled with risk.

Liberals on the other hand have no concept of earned capital and could give a flying fuck about risk.
I believe the risk should be shouldered by the ones gaining the profit. Of course teabaggers think that should be shared by everybody.
So the Dems in the Senate are blocking the will of duly elected representatives in the House, blocking measures that would help American unemployment at no cost to the taxpayer. And this is OK because?
Senate blocks swift passage of Keystone XL pipeline bill - Yahoo News
Lets see....the Dems blocked a bill......That brings the score up to Dems one repubs about a million.
As I've stated before, there are a myriad of amendments being attached to this bill. Attached, removed, amended, re-attached, redacted. Shit moves fast on The Hill. I've resigned myself to sit back and enjoy the show.
What's so bad about requiring American steel to be used and the refined products to be sold here? Isn't that what repubs have been claiming all along? Why are they refusing to allow that to be put in the bill?

What next? Demand that car companies can only use American raw materials in their cars? Demand Gibson guitars who import raw materials to make their product only allow their guitars to be sold in America and no musician can take their guitar abroad?

How far do you want to take this? Why would you have these restrictions placed on a pipeline that's just going to fucking carry crude?

Keystone XL can't fucking do anything about your refineries. They are just a fucking pipeline.
This has been portrayed as a boon for our country. Don't you think a claim like that should actually do something for Americans?

Now Trans Canada has kept their employment predictions based solely on who they will employ.

And for those that don't realize it the Keystone is finished with the exception of the lateral to be finished this year.

XL is simply a secondary northern leg of the pipeline. That's what makes the dog and pony show so outrageous.

Numbers only for XL And for those of you idiots who keep harping on about a construction job being only a temporary job seriously seek therapy. All construction jobs are temporary jobs.

Thats the lamest argument against the pipeline EVAH!

Millions of Work Hours

During construction, the project is expected to create over seven million hours of labor and over 13,000 new jobs for American workers.

Danny Hendrix, a business manager for Pipeliners Local 798 in Tulsa, Okla., recently told media what these jobs mean to his members and their families:

“They’ve got healthcare for another year, [and] they’ve got a pension credit for when they retire. It means that those families have got healthcare, dental care — so it means a lot. It means they can make a house payment, it means they can send their kids to college.”

Keystone XL Oil Pipeline to Create U.S. Employment Keystone XL Pipeline

Here's the actual State Department report. No spin. No bullshit. No left wing whacko lies.

http://keystonepipeline-xl.state.gov/documents/organization/221186.pdf
I see, I thought you were talking about permanent jobs not the total over the 1 or 2 years it takes to build. I didn't see a guess on the number of permanent jobs. I didn't read the whole thing as it is late but that number sounds attractive until you realize that most of those jobs are certain to be gone in a couple of years. What good is a short-term job to America at large? Only with more permanent jobs do people buy houses and cars or send kids to college.

Here's the actual State Department report. No spin. No bullshit. No left wing whacko lies.

Yes, it would create a lot of temporary jobs that would all be lost once the project is completed. Want to know what is about to happen in North Dakota in the next six months? I work in a field closely related to the oil industry. I also do much of my work in eastern Ohio and West Virginia. The oil industry is one of booms and busts, and we are heading toward a huge bust right now.

Yes, it would create a lot of temporary jobs that would all be lost once the project is completed. Want to know what is about to happen in North Dakota in the next six months? I work in a field closely related to the oil industry. I also do much of my work in eastern Ohio and West Virginia. The oil industry is one of booms and busts, and we are heading toward a huge bust right now.
Blame the Saudis for creating a huge oil glut. You expected them to stand by while their biggest customer tries to dump them? Seems a lot speculators did.

Blame the Saudis for creating a huge oil glut. You expected them to stand by while their biggest customer tries to dump them? Seems a lot speculators did.
little more than just OPEC, but yeah.....them not slowing down production is why prices dropped.

Why bother building anything if construction jobs aren't worth a pinch of coon shit because they are "temporary"?

Why did anyone bother building the Hoover Dam? Why did anyone bother building the Golden Gate Bridge?

Do you understand how looney tunes it is to use the argument that construction jobs aren't worth jack shit because they are temporary?

And I'd love to see you tell a construction worker that he or she really doesn't count because their work is only temporary.

As to a down turn in oil production I have no doubt it will slow down right now for a spell given the current global situation but do people still use refined oil products?

Does the raw crude still need to get to market? The crudes coming to refineries in Canada and the US by pipeline, rail and transport no matter what.

No one is going to stop production.

Why bother building anything if construction jobs aren't worth a pinch of coon shit because they are "temporary"?

Why did anyone bother building the Hoover Dam? Why did anyone bother building the Golden Gate Bridge?

Do you understand how looney tunes it is to use the argument that construction jobs aren't worth jack shit because they are temporary?

And I'd love to see you tell a construction worker that he or she really doesn't count because their work is only temporary.

As to a down turn in oil production I have no doubt it will slow down right now for a spell given the current global situation but do people still use refined oil products?

Does the raw crude still need to get to market? The crudes coming to refineries in Canada and the US by pipeline, rail and transport no matter what.

I never said temp jobs are bad. You were using the "jobs for Americans" argument and I took the hot air out of it. If Republicans valued jobs like this they would fund the numerous infrastructure jobs that would last a lot longer than two measly years. In fact it's the very argument that republicans use when voting down such projects as part of a stimulus package, the jobs are only temporary and not a permanent fix to the economy.

I never said temp jobs are bad. You were using the "jobs for Americans" argument and I took the hot air out of it. If Republicans valued jobs like this they would fund the numerous infrastructure jobs that would last a lot longer than two measly years. In fact it's the very argument that republicans use when voting down such projects as part of a stimulus package, the jobs are only temporary and not a permanent fix to the economy.

More proof why the far left religion is the most dangerous religion on the planet.

"Obstructionist Senate Democrats block Keystone. For now"

To those opposed to the pipeline democrats aren't being 'obstructionists.'

Just as Senate republicans weren't 'obstructionists' when they were in the minority opposing measures conservatives disagreed with.

The pipeline will pass. The democrats are just busy making out their list of what they want in return. Meanwhile 43,000 American jobs will collect dust in the wings. $3 billion that could be in American worker's pockets being held hostage by democrats. I hope voters remember that in 2016 -working class voters.

16,000 in the oil industry just lost their jobs last week alone, and you think this pipeline is going to create 43,000 new jobs. LOL

These people can't get it through their heads that the production costs of US/Canadian oil matter in this issue.

What? Wait, how much did the Saudis increase their production to create that glut?

I can imagine many US oil companies don't want to have a Canadian pipeline...

Wrong. The Keystone services domestic producers. The XL which is just a secondary northern leg would pick up crude from the Bakkens in Montana and North Dakota.
So you are suggesting that tar sands oil of Western Canada is going to be mixed with North Dakota crude?
You dont know much about how pipelines work do you??

Let them Dems have thier fun,they just don't understand that the ass kicking they got lat Nov was for what they have been doing,so more of the same is just bound to help them .

Rational? not so much.

Democrats!

The NEW party of NO!

Get used to hearing it.......

Another can't get anything done Congress, brought to you in part by the old party of no.

I say let's make a deal. The Republicans want the pipeline and Democrats want more wilderness area in the ANWR.

Forum List

Back