Obstructionist Republicans lose court battle!

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
The California Supreme Court ruled against the Republicans and exposes them to ridicule for their hypocrisy.

State Supreme Court spurns Republican request to keep old maps - San Jose Mercury News

"If they'd felt the same about Assembly seats, they would have done the same thing there and included them in the lawsuit, said Doug Herman, a Democratic political consultant for Assembly Speaker John Perez, D-Los Angeles"

To understand the hypocrisy comment and to put the above quote in context see the link above.

Alas there's no hope for Californians...the public sector has almost complete control over the private sector and will inevitably milk the Golden Goose to bones.

A sign of things to come for America..dependence and loss of freedoms.

BTW.. what you consider obstructionists, I consider freedom fighters..

Last edited:
  • Banned
Alas there's no hope for Californians...the public sector has almost complete control over the private sector and will inevitably milk the Golden Goose to bones.

I might write paragraphs explaining reality in response to your biased post which exposed your ignorance, but it would be a waste of words. Let me suggest that California has an economy as diverse as any state in the nation and will as always lead the nation in new ideas and innovation.

I might write paragraphs explaining reality in response to your biased post which exposed your ignorance, but it would be a waste of words. Let me suggest that California has an economy as diverse as any state in the nation and will as always lead the nation in new ideas and innovation.

Did it bother you when Texas Judges tried to write the legislative maps for them, AGAINST the State Constitution and Federal law?

• Banned

Did it bother you when Texas Judges tried to write the legislative maps for them, AGAINST the State Constitution and Federal law?

Doesn't seem to bother you to post on a matter where you show complete disinterest and ignorance of the facts. As a matter of fact there are only a few things in Texas in which I'm interested; one is when Delay goes to prison, another is the food in San Antonio and warm evenings on the river walk, and the last are the beaches and bars in Galveston.

Well now.. I'm glad you held back on your response as it would be both arrogant and misinformed opinion.. I just thought I'd bump your thread as a courtesy and perhaps an awakening for you..alas that will never be and I'm moving on...:eusa_whistle:

Funny, Republicans go on about how bad California is, but that state still sends

California gets back $0.78 for every dollar it gives the federal government.

The Tax Foundation - Federal Spending Received Per Dollar of Taxes Paid by State, 2005

And they pay to the federal government much more than any other state.

Federal tax revenue by state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not bad for a state right wingers say is falling apart. If Republican states could only pay as much as Democratic states, the country would be doing so much better.

Reverting to the old maps adopted in 2001 fails to reflect population shifts of the past decade and violates the constitutional principal of "one person, one vote," [the Supreme Court] wrote.

Very true.

The GOP's alternative maps have not been subject to the same level of public review as those of the commission, nor is there evidence they comply with state and federal guidelines, the justices concluded.

The justices also noted the irony in the GOP's argument that the court should save the state from unsavory partisan influence with a map proposed by a political party.

It’s obstructionism by means of the GOP being clueless and unprepared.

Reverting to the old maps adopted in 2001 fails to reflect population shifts of the past decade and violates the constitutional principal of "one person, one vote," [the Supreme Court] wrote.

Very true.

The GOP's alternative maps have not been subject to the same level of public review as those of the commission, nor is there evidence they comply with state and federal guidelines, the justices concluded.

The justices also noted the irony in the GOP's argument that the court should save the state from unsavory partisan influence with a map proposed by a political party.

But you support activist Federal Judges usurping State authority and power to draw maps in States you disagree with, RIGHT?

Very true.

But you support activist Federal Judges usurping State authority and power to draw maps in States you disagree with, RIGHT?

Apparently no one does, but keep on telling us what other people believe.

Last edited:
The California Supreme Court ruled against the Republicans and exposes them to ridicule for their hypocrisy.

State Supreme Court spurns Republican request to keep old maps - San Jose Mercury News

"If they'd felt the same about Assembly seats, they would have done the same thing there and included them in the lawsuit, said Doug Herman, a Democratic political consultant for Assembly Speaker John Perez, D-Los Angeles"

To understand the hypocrisy comment and to put the above quote in context see the link above.

I think this is great. It's not enough that CA has gone from the Golden State in such things as education, now they are racing towards getting rid of even more businesses, driving their tax base ever lower with higher rates. Unbelievable.

I think this is great. It's not enough that CA has gone from the Golden State in such things as education, now they are racing towards getting rid of even more businesses, driving their tax base ever lower with higher rates. Unbelievable.

Just what businesses do you think will be fleeing California, Annie?

One very current article on the problems that CA faces, but doesn't see as a problem:

California's power costs zap businesses

01/17/2001 - Updated 09:44 AM ET

California's power costs zap businesses

By Matt Krantz and Jon Swartz, USA TODAY

LOS ANGELES — Mike McKoen would never have guessed that energy costs could kill part of his business. That's exactly what happened, though. Blindsided by a 16-fold increase in monthly natural-gas bills, McKoen plans Friday, for the second time in a month, to shut his potato-flake plant in Tulelake, Calif., because it is too expensive to operate.

One hundred employees may lose their jobs permanently. "I'm in deep trouble if we don't come up with more gas," McKoen says.

But it's not just a problem for McKoen and his workers. Throughout much of California, home to the world's sixth-largest economy, businesses first hit by the higher natural gas prices sweeping the nation now face soaring electricity bills, too. The one-two punch threatens to eat up profits, trigger price increases or curtail production. And it adds one more hurt to a state already reeling from the dot-com meltdown and tech slowdown.

But the fallout could be felt nationwide, economists warn, as price increases are possible for everything from California-grown produce to California-manufactured machine lathes...

I never said it would only be CA that would suffer. The deal here is that CA acts as if nothing has changed since the 70's, when in fact they've fallen so far in the past 5 years that one wonders when their government will acknowledge they've a serious problem.

causingpain-albums-crap-picture4248-traffic-stop-no-lic-no-problem.jpg

" California has an economy as diverse as any state in the nation " hahaha..Not for long! Passing laws and enforce them less and less, till they come up with exempt programs for some, and I have to follow the laws and pay, pay and the poor diverse workers are sucking it dry. Running a 26 billion budget over run….. so long California HELLO “Mexifornia” and the new gun slinging south of the boarder diversity. Yap! All is well! Need Republicans badly anyway they can..

Last edited:

Only a scum sucking pile of horse shit Partisan hack would look at the 30 House Passed Bills in the Senate the good Ole Harry wont even consider, and blame all the Grid Lock on Republicans alone.

Compromise takes 2 willing parties. This Administration, and The Democrats in Congress have been nothing but Ultra Partisan Assholes the whole time, all the while trying to Blame it on the Party in the Minority.

Unfortunately I think it is working, the every ignorant US voting Public is buying it, and I believe Obama will win again.

Business locations and relocations are dynamic. Do you have anything recent and concrete to suggest the validity of Annie's claim? I doubt it. Why did you pop me that neg the other day? I'm still confused about it.

First, I am speaking on my behalf not Annie's.

2010 isn't recent enough for you?
Did you read the article and follow the links in my post?
Did you try google yourself, as I did, to find links?

Forum List

Back