Obscene Apologies

Take a gander at Michael Walsh's response to the savages who killed the UN workers, and see if you agree with him:

1. Noel Coward penned a little ditty called "Don't Let's Be Beastly to the Germans."
It was, he explained, "a satire directed against a small minority of excessive humanitarians, who, in my opinion, were taking a rather too tolerant view of our enemies."

2. Over in Afghanistan, a mob of howling savages, whipped up by our "ally," kleptocratic President Hamid Karzai, has been rioting for nearly a week over the burning of a Koran by an obscure pastor in Florida. More than 20 have died, including two US soldiers...

3. In a series of disgraceful statements, Sens. Harry Reid and Lindsey Graham, along with Gen. David Petraeus, have laid the blame for the unrest where it doesn't belong: at the feet of the US Constitution.

4. This is jaw-dropping in its ignorance and stupidity. Graham is arguing against freedom of speech -- why else should an American citizen exercising his First Amendment rights, however offensive to some, be "held accountable" for the reactions of superstitious goatherds half a world away?

5. But the prize for disappointment goes to Petraeus and NATO Ambassador Mark Sedwill, whose statement read in part: "In view of the events of recent days, we feel it is important . . . to reiterate our condemnation of any disrespect to the Holy Koran and the Muslim faith. We condemn, in particular, the action of an individual in the United States who recently burned the Holy Koran.

"We further hope the Afghan people understand that the actions of a small number of individuals, who have been extremely disrespectful to the Holy Koran, are not representative of any of the countries of the international community who are in Afghanistan to help the Afghan people."

6. ...we are instead apologizing to the very people who are killing American soldiers, and treating their holy book better than we do any other.

7. World War II ended with the destruction of German cities, the death of Hitler, the hanging of the top surviving Nazis at Nuremberg. In Japan, Gen. Douglas MacArthur forced Emperor Hirohito to publicly renounce the myth of his own divinity and the Japanese doctrine of racial superiority.

But don't let's be beastly to the Islamists. After all, restricting the rights of our own citizens in order to appease people still living in the 7th century isn't much of a price to pay for peace, is it?

Let's be meek to them

And turn the other cheek to them

And try to bring out their latent sense of fun.

Let's give them full air parity

And treat the rats with charity,

But don't let's be beastly to the Hun.

Politicians appease Islamists--Michael A. Walsh - NYPOST.com

Excellent cut and paste job!!!

Try reading.

I read both your post and the original article.

Basically no difference.

I read both your post and the original article.

Basically no difference.

Correct...what's your point?

I was just congratulating you on successfully cutting and pasting.

Now, toxic, if I get your drift, you're disagreeing with my style of posting....

I want you to watch, breathlessly, until I decide on my next OP...

...it will reveal exactly how much I allow others to decide on my posting-style.

But, you're a smart guy...I bet you know already.

Correct...what's your point?

Now, toxic, if I get your drift, you're disagreeing with my style of posting....

...it will reveal exactly how much I allow others to decide on my posting-style.

I'm not disagreeing with anything. You can do whatever you want.

I'm just saying that I open your threads expecting to find original material...but I never do.

More than 20 have died, including two US soldiers...
Link?

"An Afghan policeman shot and killed two American soldiers Monday in northern Afghanistan, the province's deputy governor said, and protests flared for a fourth straight day in several Afghan cities and towns over an American pastor's burning of the Koran.

For the first day since lethal riots erupted Friday, resulting in the deaths of seven foreign U.N. workers in the northern city of Mazar-i-Sharif, no fatalities were reported Monday in the protests, which have taken 22 lives."

Afghanistan: 2 U.S. soldiers killed by Afghan policeman - latimes.com

Not only was I 100% correct, but now I'm going to have to contend with toxic carping about this being a 'cut and paste'!

I'm not disagreeing with anything. You can do whatever you want.

I'm just saying that I open your threads expecting to find original material...but I never do.

The material is always original...that's why you open it.

I often provide it in the words of those I agree with. (sorry to end the sentence
with a preposition.)

Surely, you see that, Shirley.

Last edited:
More than 20 have died, including two US soldiers...
Link?

"An Afghan policeman shot and killed two American soldiers Monday in northern Afghanistan, the province's deputy governor said, and protests flared for a fourth straight day in several Afghan cities and towns over an American pastor's burning of the Koran.

For the first day since lethal riots erupted Friday, resulting in the deaths of seven foreign U.N. workers in the northern city of Mazar-i-Sharif, no fatalities were reported Monday in the protests, which have taken 22 lives."

Afghanistan: 2 U.S. soldiers killed by Afghan policeman - latimes.com

Not only was I 100% correct, but now I'm going to have to contend with toxic carping about this being a 'cut and paste'!
Even though it is reported in the same article it isn't clear that the Americans were killed because of the book burning. If they were, the pastor should rot in hell.

It also sounds like the Taliban are infiltrating the demonstrations and are the ones responsible for the killings. That is a shame...they are the enemy, and this stupid pastor just gave them the ammo they wanted to gain back their previous control over Afghanistan.

They already controlled most of it, with or without the pastor.
Incorrect.

How so? so your saying this book burning turned the tide for the Taliban?

Forum List

Back