Obomination: Retail Sales Fizzle In June...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
US retail sales fizzled in June, falling for the third consecutive month amid lower gasoline prices and as consumers kept a tight hold on their wallets, government data showed Monday.

Retail sales fell 0.5 percent from May, while sales excluding automobiles and parts dropped 0.4 percent, the Commerce Department reported.

Over the April-June period, retail sales were down 0.2 percent from the first quarter, and ex-auto sales were down 0.3 percent.

The June decline in retail and food services sales surprised most analysts, who had estimated on average a 0.2 percent increase last month.

"It may be the hottest summer on record but US retailers are feeling a chill," said Jennifer Lee at BMO Capital Markets.

Lee said the decline was a "not shocking-knock-me-off-my-chair move, considering the headwinds consumers are facing these days -- slower job growth, equity market volatility, negative headlines abound on the European debt crisis and possible tax hikes and more expensive health care premiums"...

More:
Retail Sales Fizzle in June

Gas prices rise, you cry and blame Obama.

Gas prices fall, you cry and blame Obama.

Stop crying.
Don'tBeBlindedByPartisanship.

Pauli was the one crying for months about how gas prices were going up and up and would be at $5 by summer. Well, now it's summer, and gas prices have dropped. So is Pauli happy? No. Now he's crying because retail sales dropped a bit. Well, what the fuck was thinking would happen? If prices drop, sales drop!

He's either a complete idiot or a whining hack. Maybe he works for Romney.

Stop crying.

Pauli was the one crying for months about how gas prices were going up and up and would be at $5 by summer. Well, now it's summer, and gas prices have dropped. So is Pauli happy? No. Now he's crying because retail sales dropped a bit. Well, what the fuck was thinking would happen? If prices drop, sales drop!

What were Gas Prices when your Dear Leader took office? Get back to us when you get informed.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

What were Gas Prices when your Dear Leader took office? Get back to us when you get informed.

Thanks to Bush's Recession, gas prices were around $1.70 when Obama took office. Big fucking deal! Only a partisan hack would think THAT number represents any kind of norm.

ch.gaschart

Plus, as you can clearly see, gas prices are no where near the high we had under your Right Wing God, George Bush.

But hey, if you want to ignore reality and be a whiny little cry baby, go for it.

Thanks to Bush's Recession, gas prices were around $1.70 when Obama took office. Big fucking deal! Only a partisan hack would think THAT number represents any kind of norm.

ch.gaschart

Plus, as you can clearly see, gas prices are no where near the high we had under your Right Wing God, George Bush.

But hey, if you want to ignore reality and be a whiny little cry baby, go for it.

Oh, so i got facts and you got nothing. You're an ignorant Obamabot. Case Closed.

ch.gaschart

Oh, so i got facts and you got nothing. You're an ignorant Obamabot. Case Closed.

A chart showing the historic prices of gas is NOT a fact??

HAHAHA!!!

:clap2:

ch.gaschart

HAHAHA!!!

Right, you still got nothing. What were Gas Prices when your Dear Leader took office? That was the question. Your deflection doesn't count as an answer. So let's try again. What were those Gas Prices?

Again....[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Yqj3tvcQc&feature=player_detailpage]"Fine?" - YouTube[/ame]

HAHAHA!!!

Right, you still got nothing. What were Gas Prices when your Dear Leader took office? That was the question. Your deflection doesn't count as an answer. So let's try again. What were those Gas Prices?

You quoted my answer and ignored the rest of my post.

Why are you being such a coward? Why are you afraid of discussing this? You brought it up!

Stop crying.

just stop it gas went down for the holiday and went back up, Obama owns this economy if YOU or the other dems dont like it or accept it tell ur leader to get out. Plain and simple. You are making it sound worse by backing someone when hes wrong. and dont start with the stimulus even Obama and Co came out and said it was a failure. Its all be horrible and its not the republicans fault.

HAHAHA!!!

You quoted my answer and ignored the rest of my post.

Why are you being such a coward? Why are you afraid of discussing this? You brought it up!

So what were those Gas Prices? When you give a straight answer, we'll talk.

just stop it gas went down for the holiday and went back up, Obama owns this economy if YOU or the other dems dont like it or accept it tell ur leader to get out. Plain and simple. You are making it sound worse by backing someone when hes wrong. and dont start with the stimulus even Obama and Co came out and said it was a failure. Its all be horrible and its not the republicans fault.

Obama and his team have never called the Stimulus a failure. Stop lying.

Also, I never said this wasn't Obama's economy.

I'm merely pointing out that when prices drop, sales drop too. THAT'S NORMAL! And Pauli was crying for months about the price of gas, and now that it's dropped, he's crying about sales. Either he has no clue how an economy works, or he's a cowardly hack.

My money is on the latter.

Forum List

Back