Obomination: GSA 'Pawty Like Iz Yo Birfday' On Island-Hopping Trip...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Time to get rid of the GSA. It's just another bloated corrupt Government agency the Taxpayers don't need.

Jeff Neely's Pacific Adventure

Well after an inspector general began auditing a lavish Las Vegas conference, Jeff Neely, who headed the General Services Administration’s San Francisco office, took his wife on a taxpayer-funded trip to Hawaii, Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands.

Neely boasted in a November 2011 email that the trip was a “birfday” gift. (Fiddy must be so proud.) His wife responded positively to the gesture.

“It’s yo birfday … We gonna pawty like iz yo birfday!” she emailed to Neely. “All sounds good. Need to check date line … Do we fain or lose a day going to Guam? If so we will have to adjust sked.”

Neely’s wife’s name is redacted from the email obtained by Roll Call, but the email was discussed in a House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee hearing today, indicating Neely’s wife was his correspondent on the chain.

The itinerary of the trip, as outlined by Neely in the preceding email, was this: “So we head to Hawaii. I’ll probably go over on Saturday Feb 4. I will work in Honolulu on Monday Feb 5. Head to Guam on Tues. Wednesday in Guam. Thursday in Saipan. Friday Feb 10 leave saipan. That gives us a coupld of days each on Guam and Saipan.”

In November, GSA Inspector General Brian Miller had already been investigating the Las Vegas conference for some time. He briefed top GSA officials about his preliminary findings in May 2011.

A source close to the investigation said Miller is investigating whether Neely’s wife paid her travel expenses, but the couple at least shared a room paid for by taxpayers.

Neely invoked his 5th Amendment rights at a Congressional hearing Monday and did not appear at a hearing today.

Jeff Neely
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

When I saw the picture of the GSA guy sitting in a bath tub with two wine glasses in the back, I could not help but laugh while at the same time it annoying to say the least. It is just a disrespect for other people and I think all of them should get fired. There are many people out there that are willing to do a good job.......

The real story is that under Booosh the cost of this conference went from $93k to 632k, and because of Obama transparency the media could find out...but carry on ranting...

Liberals say they think the GSA should have spent more money on the party so it could have been a better party. Liberals like what the government does but wants it done bigger and better.

Last edited:
When I saw the picture of the GSA guy sitting in a bath tub with two wine glasses in the back, I could not help but laugh while at the same time it annoying to say the least. It is just a disrespect for other people and I think all of them should get fired. There are many people out there that are willing to do a good job.......

Yup.

Liberals say they think the GSA should have spent more money on the party so it could have been a better party. Liberals like what the government does but wants it done bigger and better.

Actually liberals think everyone involved should have been fired.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0UEP0aTmuU&feature=relmfu]GSA Scandal (In Context) - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back