Obomination: Gas Prices Rise To $4 In Los Angeles...

Ahh yes. When the facts crush the arguments of a lib, they resort to insults and name calling.
You fell right into the trap. Good job!
You lose.

You basically fell into your own trap, I didn't initiate the insults........... :)
Yes ,you did. Show me otherwise.
You just offered the very reason why you realize your arguments have no substance.
You dwell on minutiae.
You lose again.
Listen genius, if Obama and his cronies would get the hell out of the way of market forces, allow our oil industry to do what it must to meet demand and by all means lift the gulf drilling ban and allow construction of Keystone, we'd be in much better shape. Best of all we could tell those fucking OPEC oil ministers to take their oil and make paint out of it.
SO now you will call me more names. You will do that because you know I am correct and you have nothing. You're done. You shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion.
So go ahead. Let me have it. Take the low road. Show your lack of a substantive rebuttal and fire away. Here's my response in advance. YAWN

You are right, I got you mixed up with that other idiot. You were the one who cried about "the nazi comparison" and told me that you gave me a "negative rep" for it. Then I told you to "shove it". Ok, now that we got that straight :lol:

I already said that I don't like his decision about Keystone. I feel the same way about the Gulf Drilling ban. I would be interested in finding out how you felt about the drilling when that oil spill occurred.

Doesn't a large amount of the oil we drill go to the "world market"? I did hear someone say that the oil from Alaska goes to the West coast, how are their fuel prices? I think that we should be able to "drill here drill now" without putting it on the "open market" and sell it domestically.

You basically fell into your own trap, I didn't initiate the insults........... :)
You just offered the very reason why you realize your arguments have no substance.
You dwell on minutiae.
You lose again.
Listen genius, if Obama and his cronies would get the hell out of the way of market forces, allow our oil industry to do what it must to meet demand and by all means lift the gulf drilling ban and allow construction of Keystone, we'd be in much better shape. Best of all we could tell those fucking OPEC oil ministers to take their oil and make paint out of it.
SO now you will call me more names. You will do that because you know I am correct and you have nothing. You're done. You shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion.
So go ahead. Let me have it. Take the low road. Show your lack of a substantive rebuttal and fire away. Here's my response in advance. YAWN

You are right, I got you mixed up with that other idiot. You were the one who cried about "the nazi comparison" and told me that you gave me a "negative rep" for it. Then I told you to "shove it". Ok, now that we got that straight :lol:

I already said that I don't like his decision about Keystone. I feel the same way about the Gulf Drilling ban. I would be interested in finding out how you felt about the drilling when that oil spill occurred.

Doesn't a large amount of the oil we drill go to the "world market"? I did hear someone say that the oil from Alaska goes to the West coast, how are their fuel prices? I think that we should be able to "drill here drill now" without putting it on the "open market" and sell it domestically.
Yes it goes to "market". We here in the States are not insulated from the world market. In fact WE ARE the market.
The fact that Keystone will be a vessel to get more oil to market is a GOOD thing.
The main reason why oil harvested here goes for sale elsewhere is because the owners of that product will sell it where they can get the best price. Or perhaps a batch of oil was pre purchased at a set price higher than the market price. In such a case the product would be 'earmarked' for shipment to that customer.
Accidents occur. That is unavoidable. If every time there was a tragic accident there was a knee jerk reaction to stop whatever directly or indirectly caused said accident, we'd have no aircraft, no vehicles, no trains, no ships.....
Obama went completely off his rocker with the Gulf Oil drilling ban. In fact he over stepped his authority. His speech about steeping on the throats of the oil industry and "looking for someone's ass to kick" was in very poor form and so not presidential.
Obama snapped. He was trying to look like he was at the helm. Like has is the big cheese, head honcho. Instead he acted in a manor that gave one the perception that he was just angry. Presidents do not, should not, ever show anger in a public forum. EVER.
As far as your Nazi comment.. As an American who had relatives fight in WWII in the European Theatre as well as having Jewish relatives, I found your post highly offensive and the neg rep was IMO justified. We are all entitled to our opinions. We are all saddled with the responsibility to insure those opinions are within the bounds of good taste.
I wish to have no further discussion with you on this matter. It is closed.

You dwell on minutiae.
You lose again.

Yes it goes to "market". We here in the States are not insulated from the world market. In fact WE ARE the market.
The fact that Keystone will be a vessel to get more oil to market is a GOOD thing.
The main reason why oil harvested here goes for sale elsewhere is because the owners of that product will sell it where they can get the best price. Or perhaps a batch of oil was pre purchased at a set price higher than the market price. In such a case the product would be 'earmarked' for shipment to that customer.
Accidents occur. That is unavoidable. If every time there was a tragic accident there was a knee jerk reaction to stop whatever directly or indirectly caused said accident, we'd have no aircraft, no vehicles, no trains, no ships.....
Obama went completely off his rocker with the Gulf Oil drilling ban. In fact he over stepped his authority. His speech about steeping on the throats of the oil industry and "looking for someone's ass to kick" was in very poor form and so not presidential.
Obama snapped. He was trying to look like he was at the helm. Like has is the big cheese, head honcho. Instead he acted in a manor that gave one the perception that he was just angry. Presidents do not, should not, ever show anger in a public forum. EVER.
As far as your Nazi comment.. As an American who had relatives fight in WWII in the European Theatre as well as having Jewish relatives, I found your post highly offensive and the neg rep was IMO justified. We are all entitled to our opinions. We are all saddled with the responsibility to insure those opinions are within the bounds of good taste.
I wish to have no further discussion with you on this matter. It is closed.
I have the same. I didn't say anything about "Holocaust". This is what I said; "The way some of you idiots go about blaming Obama for everything is similar to the nazis and Germans blaming "the Jews" for all of their problems.".
It's an accurate statement, it was demonstrating the amount of irrational scapegoating that the aforementioned parties did and do today.

What's this got to do with Obama?

You mean, other than his catastrophic failures as a leader? Other than his decision to shut down drilling off of the coast? Other than his block of the Keystone pipeline? Other than all of his decisions to stop energy production in this country, which has created massive loss of jobs and even more massive shortage of energy?

Well, I guess the answer is "nothing" if you choose to live like liberals and reject reality & the truth...

Just in time for Presidents Day: get ready for the long holiday weekend's highest prices ever in Southern California as $4 gasoline is expected to arrive in Los Angeles, Long Beach, and probably Orange County, too.

That's what energy analysts are predicting as the average price of a gallon of gasoline in the Los Angeles-Long Beach area reached $3.996 a gallon overnight, up nearly 2 cents since Thursday. That was also a jump of 15.9 cents a gallon since last week.

That's according to the AAA Fuel Gauge Report, a daily record of credit card receipts compiled from more than 100,000 service stations around the U.S. by the Oil Price Information Service in New Jersey and by Wright Express.

Not far behind the L.A. area: San Diego is also on the brink at $3.992 a gallon, up 16.2 cents since last week, according to the report. Orange County was also on the cusp, rising 16.2 cents a gallon in the past week to an average of $3.989 a gallon...

California's average stands at $3.956 a gallon, which is also a record for Feb. 17, breaking the old mark set last year by a whopping 45.3 cents a gallon.

$4 a gallon gasoline likely to hit L.A. this weekend - latimes.com
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

I've been living in Los Angeles for 12 years and can say with certainty that we had higher prices under Bush than we do now.

Uh - no you can't. More lies from the left....

180616_191162534247934_100000625658908_534834_5139915_n.jpg

You mean, other than his catastrophic failures as a leader? Other than his decision to shut down drilling off of the coast? Other than his block of the Keystone pipeline? Other than all of his decisions to stop energy production in this country, which has created massive loss of jobs and even more massive shortage of energy?

Well, I guess the answer is "nothing" if you choose to live like liberals and reject reality & the truth...

Were there any "local" concerns regarding aquifers and possible contamination along the route regarding Keystone?

One cannot make up the stupidity displayed on this board.

We are exporting gasoline. Simple fact. So why is the price going up? Has the government increased taxes? No, it has not. What then could be the reason? Could it possibly that people in other countries are willing to pay more, and our wonderful energy corps would rather sell to them than to us?

Gasoline: The next big U.S. export - Dec. 5, 2011

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The United States is awash in gasoline. So much so, in fact, that the country is exporting a record amount of it.

The country exported 430,000 more barrels of gasoline a day than it imported in September, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration. That is about twice the amount at the start of the year, and experts and industry insiders say the trend is here to stay.

The United States began exporting gas in late 2008. For decades prior, starting in 1960, the country used all the gas it produced here plus had to import gas from places in Europe.

But demand for gas has dropped nearly 10% in recent years. It went from a peak of 9.6 million barrels a day in 2007 to 8.8 million barrels today, according to the EIA.

Gas prices are all the Republicans have left.

Pretty lame.

Really? That's "all" they have? Really? What about this...

1.) Violated the US Constitution about a dozen times
2.) In doing so, violated his oath he took to uphold and defend the Constitution
3.) Was the driving force behind and signed into law, an Obamacare bill that was not only unconstitutional, but also extremely unpopular with the American people. *In fact, Missouri - a state so liberal that it voted a dead man into office over conservative John Ashcroft - voted to reject Obamacare by over 70%! *LMAO!!!
4.) Stopped drilling off the coast and rejected the Keystone pipeline, creating a massive energy crisis (ie highest gas prices in history) and in the process, increasing signifcant numbers of unemployment - which only added to the disaster of an economy he had already collapsed.
5.) Added more to the US debt in his first 3 years than ALL other US Presidents COMBINED did in their first 3 years
6.) Has presided over the longest stretch of +8% unemployment since the Great Depression
7.) Insulted our allies like England and Israel (first day in office, shipped back a bust of Winston Churchill that England had sent to us after 9/11 because his grandfather fought against England many years ago)
8.) Reached out to our enemies like Fidel Castro,*Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and more, only to be humiliated by them
9.) Funded "green projects" with tax payer dollars that documents showed he KNEW would fail. *Solyndra alone received $580 million.
10.) Is slashing a trillion dollars from defense over the next several years - all while spending recklessly to extend unemployment to assinine time frames, and arranging free health care for crack whores, drug addicts, alcoholics, and other scum that would rather indulge in self-destructive behavior than get a job and provide for themselves like big boys and girls. *Not only is that profoundly stupid for the security of our nation, but it's going to go over real well with our military and their families. *After serving this country faithfully and honorably for over 10 years in two wars, to have their healthcare, education, and other critical benefits that they earned taken from them will really help him at the polls!

Chris - there is no end to the failures of this Marxist idiot and you know it. *I would continue, but you refuse to accept reality anyway (so why waste my time with more undeniable facts), and frankly - I'd rather just laugh hysterically at you and the rest of your radical ilk when Obama gets beat in a landslide election like Jimmy Carter did.

Were there any "local" concerns regarding aquifers and possible contamination along the route regarding Keystone?

I guess that depends on where you choose to get your source of information from. Ask any liberal, and they will convince you the world is about to end if we don't shut down anything that uses electricity or gas. Ask the people who were pitching the Keystone pipeline, and they will tell you it was 100% safe in every capacity.

At the end of the day - it doesn't matter. We need energy to survive, and there is a certain amount of risk that goes with harvesting energy. Deal with it. A spill in the ocean killing a 1,000 starfish is exponentially more acceptable than the deaths of a 10 people who are unable to heat their homes.

I guess that depends on where you choose to get your source of information from. Ask any liberal, and they will convince you the world is about to end if we don't shut down anything that uses electricity or gas. Ask the people who were pitching the Keystone pipeline, and they will tell you it was 100% safe in every capacity.

At the end of the day - it doesn't matter. We need energy to survive, and there is a certain amount of risk that goes with harvesting energy. Deal with it. A spill in the ocean killing a 1,000 starfish is exponentially more acceptable than the deaths of a 10 people who are unable to heat their homes.

Here's what I am referring to:
"Ogallala Aquifer

The pipeline would cross the Sandhills region of the Ogallala aquifer, which serves 1.5 million people. The area has a shallow water table and porous sand that make it susceptible to water contamination, according to John Gates, assistant professor of earth and atmospheric sciences at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln.

The state legislature’s session was called by Republican Governor Dave Heineman especially to consider legislation aimed at forcing Calgary-based TransCanada to move Keystone XL. State Senator Annette Dubas introduced a bill that would require state permits for pipelines, giving Nebraskans a voice in the approval process."

The enviro-wackos will have your head for making that comment.

Already, 14 percent of all Ogallala irrigation wells tested contained one pesticide or more. Most common was Atrazine. This herbicide, used ubiquitously in cornfields, is a known hormone disruptor and is suspected of, among other things, retarding fetal development. Five percent of the irrigation wells contained nitrate levels equal to or in excess of safety standards set by the Environmental Protection Agency. Excess nitrate levels in drinking water can impair the blood’s ability to deliver oxygen in infants, causing “blue baby syndrome.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/01/opinion/polluting-the-ogallala-aquifer.html

Why oh why has agriculture been allowed to openly pollute our air, land, and water for 100 years?

The volumes of hydrocarbons that are transported by enclosed pipelines are a safe, secure, and effecient system and any historical resultant spills are relatively neglegible.

Agriculture as practiced today would not exist were it not hydrocarbons. But, as usual, enviro left-tards push their convoluted and ill-prioritized agenda by skewing facts and historical reality.

Already, 14 percent of all Ogallala irrigation wells tested contained one pesticide or more. Most common was Atrazine. This herbicide, used ubiquitously in cornfields, is a known hormone disruptor and is suspected of, among other things, retarding fetal development. Five percent of the irrigation wells contained nitrate levels equal to or in excess of safety standards set by the Environmental Protection Agency. Excess nitrate levels in drinking water can impair the blood’s ability to deliver oxygen in infants, causing “blue baby syndrome.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/01/opinion/polluting-the-ogallala-aquifer.html

Why oh why has agriculture been allowed to openly pollute our air, land, and water for 100 years?

The volumes of hydrocarbons that are transported by enclosed pipelines are a safe, secure, and effecient system and any historical resultant spills are relatively neglegible.

Agriculture as practiced today would not exist were it not hydrocarbons. But, as usual, enviro left-tards push their convoluted and ill-prioritized agenda by skewing facts and historical reality.

Thanks for the information, I will check it out.

The enviro-wackos will have your head for making that comment.

No doubt - but that's exactly what makes them "wacko's". *Their belief that people should die but it's not acceptable for animals to die is as irrational as it gets.

I think there is nothing both funnier and more tragic than the fact that liberals have managed to implement law that says it is completely acceptable to kill a baby, but just TOUCHING the egg of the bald eagle is a felony.

Listen, I love animals. *I have several pets, I've never hunted in my life and never would, I feed the dear where I live (love watching dear - beautiful graceful animals) - but people need to survive. *Accidents happen, instead of being irrational spazs like the liberal animal lovers are, they need to take a deep breath, relax, and realize it's not the end of the world if there is an oil spill. *Clean it up, do what you can to save the animals, and then move on.

One last thing of note - this is yet another issue where the liberals prove they are the party of profound hypocrisy. *I know several die-hard "tree-huggers" that denounce all things mankind, yet each of them lives in a comfortable house with heating and A/C, AND they drive SUV's!!! *Al Gore screams "end of the planet", yet owns several homes exceeding 8,000 square feet that are heated/cooled at all times and eating up electricity at all times, even though no one is there. *In addition, he travels around the planet in a private jets - which produces more emissions than anything else. *The liberal idiot believes that THEY are entitled to the good life - everyone ELSE needs to "sacrifice". *It's why Obama is a millionaire while denouncing wealth, it's why Al Gore has a larger carbon footprint than any human in the world, while denouncing pollution, it's why my over-the-top tree-hugging acquaintances live like kings while denouncing living like that. *Like Margaret Thatcher said, "Socialism is for the people, NOT the Socialist"...*

But Americans love to pay high prices for petro.

They are always electing warmongers to the presidency , they love their commander-in-chief to act macho an invade every oil producing country. They love to elect dumb asses who allow the enviro-nazis to dictate whether or not Oil companies can drill for oil domestically. And they love to elect politicians who are willing to put them in harms way in order to finance and protect the Jewish State.

Forum List

Back