Obomination: Food Prices Skyrocketed In 2011...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
This hurts average Americans more than anything. Why do people want to reelect this guy? I don't get it.

So you think you’ve been paying more for groceries because your food bill is too high?

You’re right. Barack Obama is consuming fine dining while you’re putting another helping of macaroni on your plate. In 2011, with Obama’s inflation beginning to hit, prices skyrocketed for staples that you consume, according to the government:

•Beef: +10.2%
•Pork: +8.5%
•Fish: +7.1%
•Eggs: +9.2%
•Dairy: +6.8%
•Oils and Fats: +9.3%

Thanks to those kinds of prices, more and more people are opting to stay home for dinner – restaurants are simply too expensive. The gap between how much Americans eat out and how much they eat at home is the biggest since the mid-1970’s oil crisis.

But it isn’t working. Because unemployment is high, prices for groceries are high, and the costs that retailers didn’t pass on to their consumers in 2011 in an attempt to keep businesses afloat are being introduced now, consumers are paying the price.

The good news: Michelle has been cautioning us to eat less. Now she’ll get her wish.

Obama Economy: Food Prices Skyrocketed in 2011

This is 2012.

And when corn rises because of the drought, I guess that will be Obama's fault, amiright?

This is 2012.

And when corn rises because of the drought, I guess that will be Obama's fault, amiright?

It's his show no? You want to accept all the glory, you have to accept all the failure as well. It's his watch.

This is 2012.

The figures for 2012 aren't in yet, we're only halfway through the year.

Corn is rising more because of ethanol subsidies, not weather.

Anyone who votes, that thinks either party is for the people think again.
If the Repubs or Dems were for us the people, they would vote to suspend ethanol that uses corn.
Due to the fact that the drought has devastated our corn crops this year.
It is needed more for food for us and for our livestock,not gas.
No one in the House or Senate has brought it up.
Neither party cares about us the people, just who is going to be elected in order to be in control.

I laugh at the left. Every single problem that came around during the BUSH years. It was ALLLLLLLLLLLLL his fault.. But the left will not blame Obama for anything. I am a republican and if bush did something wrong I would say it. But you guys are so blind to Obamas faults its so sick

Maybe industrial (translation - for big profit) monoculture and subsidizing corn as a "commodity" wasn't the right thing to do after all, eh capitalists? We TOLD you this would happen at the first sign of drought.

ps... all the corn and soybeans grown are NOT edible foodstuffs feeding 'murkins. Most goes into animal feed (animals that are not meant to eat corn, btw, but that's another thread) and processed crap that lines your grocery store. Just sayin'.

Last edited:
Obama won't take responsibility for anything. I am guess that the corn and drought issue is going to wind up as either George Bushes fault or a plat by Bain to outsource corn to China. To be serious weather is one thing we can't blame him for but almost everything else is fair game.

I laugh at the left. Every single problem that came around during the BUSH years. It was ALLLLLLLLLLLLL his fault.. But the left will not blame Obama for anything. I am a republican and if bush did something wrong I would say it. But you guys are so blind to Obamas faults its so sick

That's what makes them Obamabots. They can't be reasoned with. It is what it is.

Food prices increased 4.4% from Jan 2011 to Jan 2012. I'm not sure that qualifies as "skyrocketing".

Do they count the decreasing size of the product as a price increase?

Probably not. Packaged goods have shrunk a lot in the last couple years.

Can you even get a 1/2 gallon of ice cream any more? 1.5 liters now

Or a 1lb bag of frozen veggies? 12 ounces now

Or a 3lb can of coffee? 2lb 2 1/2 ounces

Food prices increased 4.4% from Jan 2011 to Jan 2012. I'm not sure that qualifies as "skyrocketing".

Do they count the decreasing size of the product as a price increase?

Probably not. Packaged goods have shrunk a lot in the last couple years.

Can you even get a 1/2 gallon of ice cream any more? 1.5 liters now

Or a 1lb bag of frozen veggies? 12 ounces now

Or a 3lb can of coffee? 2lb 2 1/2 ounces

The coffee is because of the flooding of those crops.
I tell ya, we got drought with the corn and flooding wiping out the coffee bean crop.
Talk about extreme.

Maybe industrial (translation - for big profit) monoculture and subsidizing corn as a "commodity" wasn't the right thing to do after all, eh capitalists? We TOLD you this would happen at the first sign of drought.

ps... all the corn and soybeans grown are NOT edible foodstuffs feeding 'murkins. Most goes into animal feed (animals that are not meant to eat corn, btw, but that's another thread) and processed crap that lines your grocery store. Just sayin'.

Feeding the masses made that move necessary yellow dent corn is in everything almost.

Forum List

Back