Objections to ground zero mosque fuel jihadist ire

First, for the record I support the right of the people to build the Muslim Community Center at Plaza 51.

But, I want to know what this thread is all about! That protest was peaceful. I didn't see anyone being assaulted. As far as I am concerned those who wanted to protest had as much right to protest as the Muslim Community has to build their center.

What is the beef with this protest?

Immie

I came across this video on another site this morning, figured it would get here anyway so I posted it.

A lot went on in that video though, Immie.

The crowd didn't do anything illegal but they did assume the dark skinned man was a Muslim and directed their screams and chants at him. One man had to be restrained from assaulting him. You hear screams of "Muhammad is a pig!" Thankfully, there were some people with their heads on straight that stopped it from getting out of hand. That tall guy did a pretty good job of getting things together even though he was a little late to stop them from looking racist.

Just how did they look racist?

By assuming a dark skinned guy wearing a hat was a Muslim, yelling and screaming at him, and trying to pick a fight with him. I would have thought that was obvious.

I came across this video on another site this morning, figured it would get here anyway so I posted it.

A lot went on in that video though, Immie.

The crowd didn't do anything illegal but they did assume the dark skinned man was a Muslim and directed their screams and chants at him. One man had to be restrained from assaulting him. You hear screams of "Muhammad is a pig!" Thankfully, there were some people with their heads on straight that stopped it from getting out of hand. That tall guy did a pretty good job of getting things together even though he was a little late to stop them from looking racist.

By assuming a dark skinned guy wearing a hat was a Muslim, yelling and screaming at him, and trying to pick a fight with him. I would have thought that was obvious.

What was obvious is the dark skinned man was in favor of the mosque being built. His being or not being a muslim is of no consequence, he was opposing the opposition and that is why he was confronted.

The WSJ must have not been able to find any real news. The forum they're referring to has about 20-50 active users and they post silly shit like that every day.

What was obvious is the dark skinned man was in favor of the mosque being built. His being or not being a muslim is of no consequence, he was opposing the opposition and that is why he was confronted.

Uh ... what video did you watch?

Uh ... what video did you watch?

The same one you did.

Perhaps his headwear gave them that idea.

Elderly-Hui-Muslim-

istockphoto_8957758-young-muslim-pilgrim.jpg

So, you base what religion someone is by headgear? There's lonestar logic for you. :lol::lol::lol:

You can tell a lot from a person by the clothes they choose to wear. If these people thought he was a muslim it could be because a) he's wearing muslim headgear and b) he was opposing their opposition to the mosque.

Wise up!

He was wearing an Under Armor cap. :lol:

that is how they think in n ireland.....

i think the streets of america should be safe for anyone to walk...but that ended a long time ago

Did anyone accost the gentleman walking through the crowd? The one they all thought was Muslim?

That was the streets of New York. They certainly appeared safer than I figured they would be.

Immie

In Lower Manhattan? It's a wealthy area, I've never had trouble there.

Is it just me or does EVERYTHING fuel the Jihadist's ire?

Does kind of appear that way.

Hey maybe you are fucking figuring this thing out.

Lets do what right instead of worrying about what they think.

Lets start by following teh spirit of the constitution and STOP telling people where they can build a house of worship on their own dime.

How stupid do you people look for tossing the constitution on the fire to try and piss them off more?

Piss them off? So you are admitting that when some Muslims get mad, they blow shit up?

I think you've had a breakthrough child. :clap2:

that is how they think in n ireland.....

i think the streets of america should be safe for anyone to walk...but that ended a long time ago

Did anyone accost the gentleman walking through the crowd? The one they all thought was Muslim?

That was the streets of New York. They certainly appeared safer than I figured they would be.

Immie

In Lower Manhattan? It's a wealthy area, I've never had trouble there.

Yeah I guess you are right. However, I've never had the pleasure of visiting NYC. When I think of NYC, I think of gangs and muggings on every corner. But, then I suppose Lower Manhattan is a different world. In fact, in my mind it really is a different world than NYC even though I know it is not.

Immie

nice mob....nice christain mob

And how do you know they're all Christians?

Oh that's right, it's ok to bash Christians but it's politically incorrect to bash muslims.

Oh I'm sure there are a few Jews sprinkled among the crowd too. For the most part, however, I'm betting most of the protesters have little "religious" preference. This to me seems like a repeat of an excuse to gin up some anger against the current Democratic majority, just like the tea party rallies last summer at this time. So here we go again, with a bunch of yahoos protesting and making fools of themselves.

Forum List

Back