Obesity Rating for Every American Must Be Included in Stimulus-Mandated Electronic He

First, the Government has no authority under the Constitution, especially after the Roberts Court strikes down ObamaCare next year

The EHR incentives program takes place entirely within Medicare and Medicaid and has nothing to do with the reform law that passed this year. Are you suggesting Medicaid and Medicare are about to be dismantled?

It's between me and my doctor.

No kidding.

First, the Government has no authority under the Constitution, especially after the Roberts Court strikes down ObamaCare next year

The EHR incentives program takes place entirely within Medicare and Medicaid and has nothing to do with the reform law that passed this year. Are you suggesting Medicaid and Medicare are about to be dismantled?

No kidding.

Dismantled? No, we're going to reform them

The real purpose behind this non-sense is that TPTB are alarmed that too many of the serfs and sharecroppers who live in Plantation U.S.A. are not fit enough to serve them in their wars of aggrandizement and empire building.

Surgeon General’s Warning: Obesity Is A National Security Issue - Better Health

Dr. Val: What do you mean that obesity is a national security issue?

Dr. Carmona: There are many competing interests on Capitol Hill – the war, the economy, etc. and obesity is something that just doesn’t get enough traction. When I was serving as Surgeon General, I realized that obesity was acting as an accelerator of chronic disease and was the number one health threat to our country. But after several failed attempts to get attention focused on this issue, I realized that I had to present the message in a unique way in order to get it to resonate. It occurred to me that if I used different language to describe the threat, people would allow me to connect the dots and explain the problem fully.

Retaining EMS, police, firemen, soldiers, sailors, and airmen has been challenging because many of them can’t pass their physical fitness tests due to obesity and sedentary lifestyles. Health is therefore inextricably tied to national security. Describing the health threat in these terms helped legislators to understand the complex ramifications of the condition.

Remember to report to your Local Health Reform Center to participate in your government run exercise programs no less than 3 times a week

Big Brother Loves you and Cares about you more than you care about yourself

bush-obama.jpg

Last edited:
hope and change baby.

SNIP:

Thursday, July 15, 2010
By Matt Cover, Staff Writer

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius speaks to reporters at HHS headquarters in Washington on July 1, 2010. (CNSNews.com/Penny Starr)(CNSNews.com) – New federal regulations issued this week stipulate that the electronic health records--that all Americans are supposed to have by 2014 under the terms of the stimulus law that President Barack Obama signed last year--must record not only the traditional measures of height and weight, but also the Body Mass Index: a measure of obesity.

The obesity-rating regulation states that every American's electronic health record must: “Calculate body mass index. Automatically calculate and display body mass index (BMI) based on a patient’s height and weight.”

The law also requires that these electronic health records be available--with appropriate security measures--on a national exchange.

The new regulations are one of the first steps towards the government’s goal of universal adoption of electronic health records (EHRs) by 2014, as outlined in the 2009 economic stimulus law. Specifically, the regulations issued on Tuesday by Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and Dr. David Blumenthal, the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, define the "meaningful use" of electronic records. Under the stimulus law, health care providers--including doctors and hospitals--must establish "meaningful use" of EHRs by 2014 in order to qualify for federal subsidies. After that, they will be subjected to penalties in the form of diminished Medicare and Medicaid payments for not establishing "meaningful use" of EHRs.

read it all here.
CNSNews.com - Obesity Rating for Every American Must Be Included in Stimulus-Mandated Electronic Health Records, Says HHS

First they came for the fat people, but I was not a lardass, so I did not protest...

Then they came for the ones who could not do 10 pushups

then the juicers
then the stoners
then the nicotinians

And those who were none of those or one but not the other all helped to forge the chains of their own oppression.

Live and let live?

That's not human nature, folks.

That exactly HOW the masters control the masses.

By appealing to our baser instincts of power and control over others.

By appealing to our ethnocentrism and our propensity to demand that others live the way we want them to live even if how they live is NONE of our business.

Last edited:
A school in MA is sending home "fat letters" for kids with high BMI's.

Massachusetts parents are angry and dismayed over a public school policy that sees students getting sent home with “fat letters,” myFOXboston.com reported late Friday.

Many schools across the state began sending Body Mass Index (BMI) reports and letters home with students in order to flag possible obesity issues to parents.

"To have a piece of paper like this come home in their backpack with them is very, very concerning to me," said mother Lori-Ann Sumner, whose nine-year-old daughter Shelby -- an active gymnast and athlete -- was characterized as “borderline overweight.”

FOXNews.com - Mass. Parents Angry Over Kids Sent Home With 'Fat Reports'

Don't use red pens - it can damage their self esteem. But letting them know they are fat - it's for their health. Bizarro world.

I can see a FAT TAX in the future.

hope and change baby

I can see selected food groups only, in the future, with higher taxes on the foods that are not in that category, or worse yet, on the producers of those foods. Remember we are marching towards a nanny state. Is it not what you wanted????:eusa_whistle:

No kidding.

You clearly grok neither M&M, their relationships to ObamaCare, and the import of the recess appointment of Dr. "I am romantic about the National Health Service; I love it" Berwick.

I can see a FAT TAX in the future.

hope and change baby

Well, they tax smokers and drinkers; why not tax fat people too?

Why limit it to smokers, drinkers, and fatties? How about taxing people whose DNA indicates a risk of EXPENSIVE diseases? How about taxing people whose family history indicates increased LONGEVITY (cuz they are certainly going to consumer more services!). How about taxing teachers because they are exposed to small children with nasty germs and get more colds and will see the doctor more often?...

You clearly grok neither M&M, their relationships to ObamaCare, and the import of the recess appointment of Dr. "I am romantic about the National Health Service; I love it" Berwick.

Enlightening, thanks.

How about taxing people whose DNA indicates a risk of EXPENSIVE diseases? How about taxing people whose family history indicates increased LONGEVITY (cuz they are certainly going to consumer more services!).

Would it be unfair to charge someone more for health risks beyond their control? Is that something you don't feel comfortable penalizing someone for?

Would it be unfair to charge someone more for health risks beyond their control? Is that something you don't feel comfortable penalizing someone for?

No, not in a free market sense. The government should not interfere in that determination. Government taxes are not used to provide services to the higher cost base - higher insurance premiums are.

And condolences on your lack of comprehension regarding Berwick. It would behoove you to read up on him.

Since it doesn't, charting it is a waste of resources. not that I would expect a government shill to understand that argument, but it is the only one that matters. Why not have doctors actually determine the body fat, or even just run a tape measure around a waistline?

Because one of those actually requires time and energy and one simply performs operations on other vital signs in the EHR. Which is the point of using it (i.e. to demonstrate that your EHR has that functionality, which will become more important in Stage 2 and Stage 3).

The focus on obesity here is missing the point.

If EHRs are supposed to be functional, whatever you mean by that, then why saddle them with a datum that is both unscientific and non functional? Because it is politically expedient?

A school in MA is sending home "fat letters" for kids with high BMI's.

Massachusetts parents are angry and dismayed over a public school policy that sees students getting sent home with “fat letters,” myFOXboston.com reported late Friday.

Many schools across the state began sending Body Mass Index (BMI) reports and letters home with students in order to flag possible obesity issues to parents.

"To have a piece of paper like this come home in their backpack with them is very, very concerning to me," said mother Lori-Ann Sumner, whose nine-year-old daughter Shelby -- an active gymnast and athlete -- was characterized as “borderline overweight.”
FOXNews.com - Mass. Parents Angry Over Kids Sent Home With 'Fat Reports'

Don't use red pens - it can damage their self esteem. But letting them know they are fat - it's for their health. Bizarro world.

I remember when people like me were saying that this stuff was inevitable if we start letting schools track kids health, and people like Greenbeard were sneering and claiming it would never happen.

And condolences on your lack of comprehension regarding Berwick. It would behoove you to read up on him.

Thanks, you seem very well informed!

If EHRs are supposed to be functional, whatever you mean by that, then why saddle them with a datum that is both unscientific and non functional? Because it is politically expedient?

The point is merely to ensure EHRs can perform operations on vital signs they chart, if necessary (that's a pretty low bar to reach but this is only Stage 1). As I said, they could require multiplying height, weight, and BP together and then dividing by 42 for all I care.

So what GB is saying is that people working in Emergency Rooms are too stupid, myopic, or unobservant to tell if somebody is obese - and yet we should trust these same people to perform triage in emergency situations as long as the government gives them some statistics.

Go figure.

Last edited:

Enlightening, thanks.

How about taxing people whose DNA indicates a risk of EXPENSIVE diseases? How about taxing people whose family history indicates increased LONGEVITY (cuz they are certainly going to consumer more services!).

I thought you objected to insurers being able to refuse to cover people with pre-existing conditions. The reason they do that is so that they are not forced to pay for more expensive problems than they were expecting, yet you are now defending the right of the government to do just that. What does that make you again?

Forum List

Back