Obesity must be treated as disease ???!? WTF?

I get that he's saying it must be treated systematically...with a purpose...like a disease.

Frankly, the 'stop eating so damn much' diet seems best :)

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
dilloduck said:
It's right up there with alcoholism

If alcoholism is a disease, it's the only one they tax :p

what I don't understand is why the health insurance companies don't target obesity more...they'd save a load of money if they could make their members excercise...

My first wife (she died of cancer) felt hungry all the time. The brain wasn't sending signals to tell her she was full. She was in her 30s when it stopped sending signals and she gained a lot of weight rapidly. They finally operated on her stomach and put her on a strict 1800 calorie diet a day and she dropped down to a respectable 120 lbs. but died shortly thereafter. The bad part is, she died hungry.

-Cp said:
what I don't understand is why the health insurance companies don't target obesity more...they'd save a load of money if they could make their members excercise...

I think this would illustrate too plainly how collectivization eventually leads to dictatorship in all facets of life. If I am my brothers keeper, that sort of DOES give me the right to dictate terms to him. Self sufficiency is the lychpin of freedom. We should be negotiating fees for medical treatment and procedures on a per item basis, with competitive bids from a milieu of parties. Wal mart medical center.

Said1 said:
Overeating and alcoholism tend to be symtomatic of deeper issues.......not unlike homosexuality, right?

I'm not so sure- overeating, overdrinking and sex are just plain fun, and fun things are habit-forming.

-=d=- said:
I get that he's saying it must be treated systematically...with a purpose...like a disease.

Frankly, the 'stop eating so damn much' diet seems best :)

Good call!

Of course, it's hard to start that diet when you're already on the 'My-wife's-pregnant-so-I'm-eating-with-her' diet!

Said1 said:
Overeating and alcoholism tend to be symtomatic of deeper issues.......not unlike homosexuality, right?

Didn't -=b=-A-=d=- have a thread about that? Maybe that's the case. :dunno:

gop_jeff said:
Good call!

Of course, it's hard to start that diet when you're already on the 'My-wife's-pregnant-so-I'm-eating-with-her' diet!

:eek2:

Sympathy eating? You're such a champ! :D

I think that telling people that their over eating isn't their fault is much easier than telling them to quit eating so damn much and get some excersize. It's all part of America becoming more and more lazy, even too lazy to admit they're at fault.

and tired of fat people blaming everyone else for their fatness. The doctors just play along because it is so lucrative. If doctors could make being smart, happy, successful, rich, etc. into diseases covered by insurance they would.

Forum List

Back