Obese news anchor whines on-air about bullying (criticism) over her size

Actually I saw this on "The Young Turks" today.

The person who wrote the email was silly.

The anchor's response was brilliant as she ended the segment with "there is more to me than a number on a scale." I think before we jump on the anonymous emailer's ship, consider the fact that all television personalities whether its a news anchor/journalist or movie star are all self-conscious. The email infers she isn't doing anything. How do any of us know she isn't doing anything? Because she still overweight? Ever heard of thyroid problems? Or perhaps she has a disability. We don't know.

The journalist has a point in addressing those points. What is so strange is most Americans that criticize other Americans are not in shape.

I took my BMI as per requirement for my job last year...I have 16% body fat. Cutoff for men my height and size is 20%. I am 6'0 233 I lift about 3 days a week 1 1/2 hours a day. According the the BMI I am supposed to be 190. If I drop that much I would look sick. According to the BMI I am fat. No. Muscle weighs more hence how much I weigh. The point is, if you agree with the email, take a look at yourself.

If you agree with the email and you have a gut, you have no room to talk.
If you look like a torn tree brach, you have no room to talk.
If you can't run a mile without the urge to pass out, you cant talk.
If you have two chins but the second chin is actually your throat, you can't talk.

Last edited:
[Weight should not be a factor in newscasting. It doesn't relate to one's ability to sit down and talk. As far as "looks" go, she's not unattractive. Rush Limbaugh is unattractive. Bill O'Reilley looks like Gollum.

So now you libulals want the govt setting weight standards for entertainers?

No, I DON'T want weight standards, beyond what is functional. Obviously if an adult woman weighs less than 90 lbs or more than 225, it's quite possible they'll be having health issues...

That news anchor was a bit big, but not dangerously so. Does having a few extra pounds make her unable to understand the news?
"A few extra pounds" is how SFC Ollie described himself... right before he had his quadruple bypass surgery.

Americans are fat AND delusional.

My cousin had the same surgery. He was "normal" weight. So were several other men I know that had bypasses.

For those of you that never tried to lose LOTS of weight, it's not easy. It took more than a day to gain it all, it's going to take some time to lose it. Many overweight people feel depressed and have very low self-esteem. I don't know the anchor's situation, but most overweight people get a "lose weight right now, fatty" comment from someone, often complete strangers, every single day. I've know overweight people to starve themselves all day, then when they have a normal-person-size dinner they get stares.

Now if someone tries to ridicule me in public I show them no mercy. I find their weak spot and criticise them until they run home crying all the way. Other women of size aren't so scary and mean as I.
Be nice to the fat folks. People lose weight faster when they're happy.

I remember Neil Cavuto just tearing someone to bits who criticized him for having MS.

She was right to drag this guy down.

On reading it she didn't drag the guy down , she dragged herself down. It's her that calls herself fat and overweight , the email writer didn't say half of what she said herself.

Thyroid is a treatable condition. Seems like bullying could also be using your position as a tv personality to attack another person. Maybe just not as well thought a reply as it first might have appeared.

People are making a huge deal of this. The letter wasn't that cruel and YES basically spoke the truth. As a personality on TV maybe she should be more of a role-model. We have an obscenity epidemic in this country and few are trying to combat it. One thing I applaud Mrs. Obama for (and it's few and far btw) is her crusade to shed light on this issue.

This is the new liberal tactic. Anyone who criticizes another is guilty of bullying!!!
Wisconsin TV Journalist Jennifer Livingston Fights Weight Criticism - UsMagazine.com

OCTOBER 3, 2012 AT 10:20AM

Jennifer Livingston has gone from reporting the news to becoming the news.

The WKBT News 8 anchor received a letter from disgruntled viewer Kenneth W. Krause, which Livingston read aloud on TV October 2. "It's unusual that I see your morning show, but I did so for a very short time today," Livingston quoted Krause as saying. "I was surprised indeed to witness that your physical condition hasn't improved for many years. Surely you don't consider yourself a suitable example for this community's young people, girls in particular."

Krause continued, "Obesity is one of the worst choices a person can make and one of the most dangerous habits to maintain. I leave you this note hoping that you'll reconsider your responsibility as a local public personality to present and promote a healthy lifestyle."

Wisconsin-based Livingston then addressed Krause directly, telling viewers, "The truth is, I am overweight. You could call me fat, even obese, on a doctor's chart. But, to the person who wrote me that letter, do you think I don't know that? That your cruel words are pointing out something I don't see?"

"You don't know me. You are not a friend of mine," Livingston continued. "You are not a part of my family and you have admitted that you don't watch this show, so you know nothing about me but what you see on the outside. And I am much more than a number on a scale."

That news anchor was a bit big, but not dangerously so. Does having a few extra pounds make her unable to understand the news?
"A few extra pounds" is how SFC Ollie described himself... right before he had his quadruple bypass surgery.

Americans are fat AND delusional.

My cousin had the same surgery. He was "normal" weight. So were several other men I know that had bypasses.

For those of you that never tried to lose LOTS of weight, it's not easy. It took more than a day to gain it all, it's going to take some time to lose it. Many overweight people feel depressed and have very low self-esteem. I don't know the anchor's situation, but most overweight people get a "lose weight right now, fatty" comment from someone, often complete strangers, every single day. I've know overweight people to starve themselves all day, then when they have a normal-person-size dinner they get stares.

Now if someone tries to ridicule me in public I show them no mercy. I find their weak spot and criticise them until they run home crying all the way. Other women of size aren't so scary and mean as I.
Be nice to the fat folks. People lose weight faster when they're happy.
Look at the thread I started detailing how I lost 40 lbs and kept it off. Effortlessly.

I work with a guy who had Gastric Bypass and yes initially he lost a lot of weight but it's all coming back because he never changed his eating habits.

My mom always said, "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all". A lot of "well meaning" people don't understand that.

Look at the thread I started detailing how I lost 40 lbs and kept it off. Effortlessly.

I work with a guy who had Gastric Bypass and yes initially he lost a lot of weight but it's all coming back because he never changed his eating habits.

Well I'm very happy for you, but for many people it's NOT effortless.

Ultimately, one has to take in fewer calories than one uses AND one has to exercise, not in a way that just burns calories, but in a way that tones muscles. Not always easy for someone like me who could barely walk or use any back or abdominal muscles for nearly 2 years. My favorite diet trick - drink Gatorade. I won't touch soda.

I don't have any faith in gastric bypass, everyone I've known to have it had the same results as your friend.

If that one message is all that the lady got from that man, then I would not label him a bully. Now if he were to continue letting her know how much he thinks that she needs to do for herself, then he would be a bully because the whole issue would never be out of her face thanks to him.

God bless you and her always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Last edited:
Want a surefire guarenteed way to lose weight ? Eat less and move more.
But if you eat less of the non-nutrative food you're already eating you won't lose weight, you'll just go deeper into starvation mode.

Any reduction in calories will change your metabulation MS. I am not aware of any food that has no nutrative value. Some are of a low value.

Want a surefire guarenteed way to lose weight ? Eat less and move more.

Someone should write her with that. I suggest the scotch tape diet. You put a piece of tape over your mouth and the ring dings bounce right off.

People are making a huge deal of this. The letter wasn't that cruel and YES basically spoke the truth. As a personality on TV maybe she should be more of a role-model. We have an obscenity epidemic in this country and few are trying to combat it. One thing I applaud Mrs. Obama for (and it's few and far btw) is her crusade to shed light on this issue.

This is the new liberal tactic. Anyone who criticizes another is guilty of bullying!!!
Wisconsin TV Journalist Jennifer Livingston Fights Weight Criticism - UsMagazine.com

The WKBT News 8 anchor received a letter from disgruntled viewer Kenneth W. Krause, which Livingston read aloud on TV October 2. "It's unusual that I see your morning show, but I did so for a very short time today," Livingston quoted Krause as saying. "I was surprised indeed to witness that your physical condition hasn't improved for many years. Surely you don't consider yourself a suitable example for this community's young people, girls in particular."

Krause continued, "Obesity is one of the worst choices a person can make and one of the most dangerous habits to maintain. I leave you this note hoping that you'll reconsider your responsibility as a local public personality to present and promote a healthy lifestyle."

Wisconsin-based Livingston then addressed Krause directly, telling viewers, "The truth is, I am overweight. You could call me fat, even obese, on a doctor's chart. But, to the person who wrote me that letter, do you think I don't know that? That your cruel words are pointing out something I don't see?"

"You don't know me. You are not a friend of mine," Livingston continued. "You are not a part of my family and you have admitted that you don't watch this show, so you know nothing about me but what you see on the outside. And I am much more than a number on a scale."

The point is what does this personal email have to do with her ability to deliver the news? It was found out that the anchor has thyroid issues.

Not surprised to see you on the side of the bullies.

She was NOT bullied... the fat bitch asked for emails and she got them.

You can not delete a bully... you CAN delete an email though.

What a whiney little tool her hubby is as well.

Wonder how long Savanna Guthrie would be on the Today Show, if she added 50?

New Topics

Forum List

Back