Obamination: U.S.-China Trade Deficit Now Largest In World History...

The U.S trade deficit with China today is 28 times larger than it was during the Reagan era, according to new figures released by the U.S. Census Bureau. That daunting deficit has grown by 18 percent per year since China first entered the World Trade Organization in 2001.

Census figures now show $103.8 billion in U.S. exports to China during 2011, and $399.3 million in imports, a stunning $295.5 billion difference.

Pauli has clearly never heard of inflation. If he had, he would know that the trade deficit with China has hit many an "all-time high" because that's what happens over time with inflation. This is why it's better to compare it to GDP and use that number. But of course, Pauli doesn't want to do that. Why?

tradedeficitasgdp.jpg

2011 Annual Trade Deficit 3.7% of U.S. GDP, China Goods 2% | The Economic Populist

Because then he would have to admit that we've actually been in worse situations.

So seven of the worst 8 years were during the Bush Administration? When Republicans held both houses? Kinda figured that. All the disasters of the last 10 years can be traced right back to those six years. No denying that.

Our manufacturing base has been eroding for decades. Anyone remember when any effort to stem the tide was greeted by cries of "protectionism is wrong/destructive/evil/communism"? The "free trade" neo-cons wanted our workers to compete directly with Chinese workers to drive down wages and break the unions, what we have now is the result. Blame it on Obama? What a laugh, our manufacturing base was decimated before he even entered politics.

Why is it that there is nothing that Obama has ever done that is wrong, inadequate or stupid?

Every problem was already there, could never be solved or is is just a condition of nature. Has it ever occurred to you that he should be trying to make things better?

If he had only done everything the same as Bush, we would still be out of Iraq, winding down Afghanistan, coming out of e recession and not have spent that extra 4 TRILLION DOLLARS.

If we have to have a failed Presidency, couldn't we at least get it at bargain basement pricing?

Obama-Bots. Don't bother trying to reason with them. That's a real exercise in futility. It is what it is.

He's done enough to get re-elected.

Game Over!!

827.gif

When I went to China, the most irritating thing happened: Everything I picked up to buy had a sticker on it that said, "Made in USA." WTF?

The only things I bought that I know were made there were the paintings I bought from the artist on the Great Wall.

Our manufacturing base has been eroding for decades. Anyone remember when any effort to stem the tide was greeted by cries of "protectionism is wrong/destructive/evil/communism"? The "free trade" neo-cons wanted our workers to compete directly with Chinese workers to drive down wages and break the unions, what we have now is the result. Blame it on Obama? What a laugh, our manufacturing base was decimated before he even entered politics.

Why is it that there is nothing that Obama has ever done that is wrong, inadequate or stupid?

Every problem was already there, could never be solved or is is just a condition of nature. Has it ever occurred to you that he should be trying to make things better?

If he had only done everything the same as Bush, we would still be out of Iraq, winding down Afghanistan, coming out of e recession and not have spent that extra 4 TRILLION DOLLARS.

If we have to have a failed Presidency, couldn't we at least get it at bargain basement pricing?

Is there anything you cannot blame on him? Jeez......
Don't bother.

Every time we lay-out all his accomplishments, the Teabaggers (here) come-back with the same dumb, fuckin' questions.​

Last edited:

If he had done the same as Bush, Bin Laden and most of al Qaeda would still be alive. Start there. Then try again.

When I went to China, the most irritating thing happened: Everything I picked up to buy had a sticker on it that said, "Made in USA." WTF?

The only things I bought that I know were made there were the paintings I bought from the artist on the Great Wall.

That is not true, unless your air-conditioned bus tour only took you to very specific tourist traps.

That is not true, unless your air-conditioned bus tour only took you to very specific tourist traps.

It was a joke. :rolleyes: The 'government' stores had a lot of 'Made in USA' stuff. I even bought some of it for my kids mostly for the label on the bottom. Street vendors were a different story. As was the artist up on the great wall. Loved the silk scarves too. But I wasn't on 'tour', as you put it, even though I got to see some of the sights around Beijing. I was with a group of nurses and we went to hospitals and clinics, after two days of presentations. And yes, our buses were air conditioned, and I didn't take any pictures of the Chinese buses with people packed in like sardines out of respect for them.

Don't know why you have such a problem with this. But it is YOUR problem and not mine. I hold my trip there as one of my best treasures.

'Hope & Change' is cool huh?

Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping is meeting U.S. President Barack Obama in the White House on Feb 14, Valentine’s Day. Their talks are likely to turn on Tibet and trade. But China’s veep isn’t expected to deliver a box of chocolates to the American president. China’s enormous trade advantage, now the largest nation-on-nation trade deficit in the history of the world, has put it in the enviable negotiating position of being able to say “bu” — that is, “no” — to most American demands.

The U.S trade deficit with China today is 28 times larger than it was during the Reagan era, according to new figures released by the U.S. Census Bureau. That daunting deficit has grown by 18 percent per year since China first entered the World Trade Organization in 2001.

Census figures now show $103.8 billion in U.S. exports to China during 2011, and $399.3 million in imports, a stunning $295.5 billion difference.

America’s political, policy and business leaders aren’t doing much to address the shocking statistics that suggest a real erosion of America’s once-strong manufacturing and technological advantage. Terrorists tore down the twin towers in lower Manhattan a little over a decade ago, the symbols of American economic dominance of the world. Now the Chinese are providing the glass for the exterior of the new world trade center.

Read more: US China Trade Deficit | Largest In World History | The Daily Caller
Long time no see.
US trade deficit rises to highest level since 2008

Forum List

Back