Obama’s Weak and Wandering Economic Commentary

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
A very odd and "off" public appearance by the president yesterday...
______

This week President Obama gave a brief, halting, and clearly uncomfortable attempt to assure Americans that the economy was still recovering, leaving many to wonder what is wrong with this president.

...What is wrong with President Obama?

This was not the appearance of a man just returned from 10 days in the multi-millionaires paradise of Martha’s Vineyard. The president’s appearance is discomforting. He has gone from lean to terribly thin. His shirt hangs on him, the lines upon his face visibly deeper, the fingers of his hands when not hidden from view, appearing like bony caricatures, attached to slight, feminine wrists. The once booming campaign trail voice now deflated, worn, a whisper of a man losing the fight to identify his own ability in managing the job of President of the United States.

______

FULL ARTICLE HERE:

Obama’s Weak and Wandering Economic Commentary | Newsflavor

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
He was never fit to be President from the very beginning, and he still isn't. He's just a community organizer in way over his head. I see a bad ending for him and his Presidency. Well... his Presidency is about as bad it gets already.

He was never fit to be President from the very beginning, and he still isn't. He's just a community organizer in way over his head. I see a bad ending for him and his Presidency. Well... his Presidency is about as bad it gets already.
____

You may be right. I am of course no fan of the Obama White House, but even I was shocked at his appearance and performance yesterday. He looked absolutely deflated and lost.
_____

Obama spoke of the economy, but few if any, were actually listening. He repeated that it took ten years for the collapse to develop, and so it would take longer to recover. He placed blame on Republicans. He promised to keep fighting to try and solve the economic woes of the nation. Then the president issued a terse “thank you”, turned himself away from the camera, and made his way back inside the safety of the White House – shoulders slumped, eyes looking to the ground.

______

Full article here:

Sinatra;

This week President Obama gave a brief, halting, and clearly uncomfortable attempt to assure Americans that the economy was still recovering, leaving many to wonder what is wrong with this president.

you mean this one below? where he pretends to have an audio problem, which was really his TelePrompter had blown up and he had to read this economic lackluster uninformative dishwater from a book becasue he could not speak off hand on a meeting he had 2 hours earlier that day?

He cannot speak to the economy with any authority/sense because he has no idea what that is and how it works. In fact, he cannot speak extemporaneously on any topic, he needs his TelePrompter and canned speeches...this should be I think evident to just about anyone by now.

hes all front.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lQWIYa3oFQ&feature=youtube_gdata]YouTube - Obama Begins Push on Economy[/ame]

Last edited:
  • Thanks
He is starting to realize that his book learning is totally difference that actual life experience.
Sounds good on paper but is'nt working in the real world. Many of well educated book learners have had a hard time dealing with this issue.
Reality hits them very hard.

Last edited:
you mean this one? where he pretends to have a audio problem, which was really his TelePrompter had blown up and he had to read this dishwater from a book becasue he could not speak off hand on a meeting he had 2 hours earlier that day?

He cannot speak to the economy with any authority/sense because he has no idea what that is and how it works. In fact, he cannot speak extemporaneously on any topic, he needs his TelePrompter and canned speeches...this should be I think evident to just about anyone by now.

hes all front.

YouTube - Obama Begins Push on Economy
_____

Yes! That is the one - Obama appears so tired, and be it teleprompter issue or sound issue or whatever, he is clearly out of sorts here. And toward the end he just shambles off utterly defeated in appearance.

The guy appears to be falling apart before our eyes. I wouldn't wish that on anyone - even a politician I find much to disagree with...

He cannot speak to the economy with any authority/sense because he has no idea what that is and how it works. In fact, he cannot speak extemporaneously on any topic...

I've seen numerous clips of his interview with Brian Williams over the past couple of days, and his complete lack of progress in the realm of extemporaneous speaking is astonishing.

Uhhh...blame Bush....errr....look at the ground for an answer....aaaaaannnnnnd...blame republicans....uuuhhhhh....

• Thanks
He never ran a business, never had a job where he had bottom line responsibility, and except for his ghost written autobiographies, has never released a single scrap of paper of any of his written work.

What made anyone think he was qualified to begin with?

Hope? Change?

• Thanks
hes all front.

Yup, the guy is nothing but an actor, acting as if he's a President. Problem is he actually is the acting President, and hasn't the knowledge, experience or the back bone for the job. His acting is fine. He should get an Oscar. But in the real world, his performance as a real President is in the toilet.

He cannot speak to the economy with any authority/sense because he has no idea what that is and how it works. In fact, he cannot speak extemporaneously on any topic...

I've seen numerous clips of his interview with Brian Williams over the past couple of days, and his complete lack of progress in the realm of extemporaneous speaking is astonishing.

Uhhh...blame Bush....errr....look at the ground for an answer....aaaaaannnnnnd...blame republicans....uuuhhhhh....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyW9e5QdWxk]YouTube - The Obama Stutter[/ame]

hes all front.

Yup, the guy is nothing but an actor, acting as if he's a President. Problem is he actually is the acting President, and hasn't the knowledge, experience or the back bone for the job. His acting is fine. He should get an Oscar. But in the real world, his performance as a real President is in the toilet.

agreed, the thing is we don't have the; " surplus to be stupid", I got that from a article I read several weeks ago, ala the 60s and the great society and the gobs of money we spent.

We had the economy and cash to be a bit stupid with it sometimes.

Now? We have no error of margin and we get this as our president? screwed.

He repeated that it took ten years for the collapse to develop, and so it would take longer to recover. He placed blame on Republicans.

Seems his appearance is finally starting to catch up to the level of his rhetoric. :lol:

Presidents age quickly and with all this spinning I'm afraid Obama is going to look like "Famous Amos" by the time he leaves office.
http://www.utc.edu/Research/ProbascoChair/pictures_clip/Wally Amos.jpg :cool:
I have a feeling he's going to look more like Moms Mabley.

draft_lens1302220module1716185photo_Moms_Mabley.jpg

hes all front.

agreed, the thing is we don't have the; " surplus to be stupid", I got that from a article I read several weeks ago, ala the 60s and the great society and the gobs of money we spent.

We had the economy and cash to be a bit stupid with it sometimes.

Now? We have no error of margin and we get this as our president? screwed.

Screwed for sure. OWEbama and his merry band of spend, spend, spend like the wind radicals has seen to that. Now it's going to take draconian measures to get us back on track. The very fabric of our society is going to be tested in the coming next few years. We'll be lucky if we don't see another Civil War.

Sinatra;

you mean this one below? where he pretends to have an audio problem, which was really his TelePrompter had blown up and he had to read this economic lackluster uninformative dishwater from a book becasue he could not speak off hand on a meeting he had 2 hours earlier that day?

hes all front.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lQWIYa3oFQ&feature=youtube_gdata]YouTube - Obama Begins Push on Economy[/ame]

His teleprompted words sound pretty but there doesn't appear to be anything to back them up. Words, just . . . . words. And the only emotion he shows at all is when he gets his blame on for the GOP. Other than that? Nothing. His lack of animation gives the impression that he doesn't really give a shit.

Sinatra;

hes all front.

His teleprompted words sound pretty but there doesn't appear to be anything to back them up. Words, just . . . . words. And the only emotion he shows at all is when he gets his blame on for the GOP. Other than that? Nothing. His lack of animation gives the impression that he doesn't really give a shit.
I must say you have a very vivid imagination.

hes all front.

YouTube - Obama Begins Push on Economy

I'd say he's very observant, because I get the same impression.

Sinatra;

hes all front.

____

Agreed - Obama does appear here to not even care what he is saying. And I cannot help but laugh at the title to the video clip "Obama Begins Push On Economy" Oh really? Almost two years in and a trillion in "stimulus" spent and now Obama is just beginning his push on the economy????

A very odd and distracted performance by Obama to be sure.
______

This panic passed and the president continued speaking. Again he stopped, looking about before repeating how the sound was, then stating quietly he would give it another try. Out of site of the camera, members of the press could be heard murmuring among themselves. Obama attempted his brief speech once again, giving it quickly, without emotion except for an overall tone of annoyance and uncertainty, looking lost, disinterested, weak, and at times, bordering on hopeless.

____

FULL ARTICLE HERE:

I'd say he's very observant, because I get the same impression.

Ditto.

Forum List

Back