Obama’s Watch: 39 Months, 69 Percent of Afghan War Casualties

If Bush hadn't given the Taliban back territory captured in 2002, Obama never would have had to go back in there with more troops

Terrorists? Al Qaida?

Obama knew they were not in Iraq......he hit them in Pakistan where they were hiding

Hmmm. I recall Bush doing the troop surge. I recall Obama lessening troop levels. History doesn't seem to agree with you.

I'm afraid it does

Obama campaigned on reducing troop strength in Iraq and ramping up in Afghanistan........that is exactly what he did

Yea, he did it against the advice of his generals and deaths have spiked. That's the entire point. I'm glad we're in agreement that Obama f'd up.

She did not dishonor her son's memory. Are you denying the families of military soldiers who have died the ability to speak out against war?

You're dishonoring him and dead soldiers everywhere if you claim that the family of the dead soldiers cannot take initiative do what Cindy Sheehan has done. You think she's the only military mom who wants sons and daughters and husbands and wives home from the war?

You're pathetic. You just want family members of dead soldiers to weep and then disappear so you never have to think about the casualties and real human cost of war again.

Casey Sheehan is a Bronze Star soldier who voluntarily enlisted and voluntarily re-enlisted. He was actually a mechanic who volunteered to go on a mission to save a convoy of soldiers trapped in Sadr City. His commanding sergeant told him that he did not have to go but he insisted. He died doing what he deeply believed.

Cindy Sheehan was a deadbeat mom who long had abandoned her son. She is a fraud and she owes the IRS more than $104K in back taxes. She stayed out of Casey's life while she perused her 'democrat activism.' And when she saw that her son died, she willingly compromised his identity to pursue her own glory.

You willingly disgrace Casey Sheehan. You are freaking pathetic. Don't give me your nonsense. Casey Sheehan is a hero and neither you nor Cindy are worthy of his sacrifice.

Casey Sheehan's life was flushed down the toilet by GW Bush, as were the other 4000 plus lives lost.

As were the men and women in Afghanistan under Obama.

Over 1200.

Numbers don't lie. Where are the tears? Where is the pain? Where are the protesters?

Liberals are fucking hypocrites. You show it daily now. Sad. Just sad.

Hmmm. I recall Bush doing the troop surge. I recall Obama lessening troop levels. History doesn't seem to agree with you.

I'm afraid it does

Obama campaigned on reducing troop strength in Iraq and ramping up in Afghanistan........that is exactly what he did

Yea, he did it against the advice of his generals and deaths have spiked. That's the entire point. I'm glad we're in agreement that Obama f'd up.

Do we really want to go there?

Want to discuss how Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld ignored the advice of Gen Shinseki on the hundreds of thousands of troops needed in the Iraq invasion? About how the war would take years and not months? How Gen Shinseki was driven out of town

Remember....They will treat us as liberators?

I'm afraid it does

Want to discuss how Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld ignored the advice of Gen Shinseki on the hundreds of thousands of troops needed in the Iraq invasion? About how the war would take years and not months? How Gen Shinseki was driven out of town

Yes. Bush caved to Democrat politics. It's not point to defend everything Bush did. My point is to point out your own hypocrisy regarding Obama's handling of Afghanistan.

Casey Sheehan is a Bronze Star soldier who voluntarily enlisted and voluntarily re-enlisted. He was actually a mechanic who volunteered to go on a mission to save a convoy of soldiers trapped in Sadr City. His commanding sergeant told him that he did not have to go but he insisted. He died doing what he deeply believed.

Cindy Sheehan was a deadbeat mom who long had abandoned her son. She is a fraud and she owes the IRS more than $104K in back taxes. She stayed out of Casey's life while she perused her 'democrat activism.' And when she saw that her son died, she willingly compromised his identity to pursue her own glory.

You willingly disgrace Casey Sheehan. You are freaking pathetic. Don't give me your nonsense. Casey Sheehan is a hero and neither you nor Cindy are worthy of his sacrifice.

Casey Sheehan's life was flushed down the toilet by GW Bush, as were the other 4000 plus lives lost.

As were the men and women in Afghanistan under Obama.

Over 1200.

Numbers don't lie. Where are the tears? Where is the pain? Where are the protesters?

Liberals are fucking hypocrites. You show it daily now. Sad. Just sad.

I asked you, what liberals were against the Afghanistan war, who changed their mind when Obama became president?

Second question:

Why are you pretending you opposed the Afghanistan war?

Talk to me about the 69%. Please elaborate on the deaths of those under Obama.

This is and has been my positions on both wars - stated her over 2 years ago:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1983318-post26.html

So shut the fuck up you're making a fool of yourself.

Cindy Sheehan, October 2010:

Dissent in the age of Obama

Dissent in the age of Obama - Opinion - Al Jazeera English

From the article:

I have observed that it was one thing to be anti-Bush, but to be anti-war in the age of Obama is not to be tolerated by many people. If you will also notice, the only people who seem to know about the raids are those of us already in the movement. There has been no huge outcry over this fresh outrage, either by the so-called movement or the corporate media.

I submit that if George Bush were still president, or if this happened under a McCain/Palin regime, there would be tens of thousands of people in the streets to protest. This is one of the reasons an escalation in police state oppression is so much more dangerous under Obama - even now, he gets a free pass from the very same people who should be adamantly opposed to such policies.

So why are you people attacking Cindy Sheehan, when she's saying what you're saying?

Gee, could it be because Bush focused on the WRONG country and Obama focused on the RIGHT country?

Completely bullshit argument because every anti war lib blamed Bush for his percentage of deaths in Afghanistan as well.

Just deal with the facts and figures. What I put up is truth.

How many 'liberals' can you name who opposed going to war in Afghanistan, who now support it only because Obama is president??

Give us the names.

*crickets*

So now the Republicans are terrorists? But the Democrats aren't?

Even though 69% of the deaths in Afghanistan are on Obama's watch?
if you had a clue you wouldn't say such moronic things

Poor attempt at deflection, Billy.

Quick to criticize Bush for American dead during his watch.
Still suspiciously silent when more have died under this administration.

Any comments of merit on the subject, or will you choose to continue to be obtuse?
:eusa_whistle:

more have died under obama watch???? really !!!!! You are a moron ... there was a liittle doubt but now there is none ... you got any figures on the bunch of BS???? didn't think so .... sooooooooooo here's a figure that you can suck on ... under Obama's watch here's the number of soldiers each year who died .... heres the numbers under Bush watch ... according to the facts here, you know those pesky little known things that seems to allude you right wing nut jobs... under Bush more soldiers have died .... nice try but no banana for you

Coalition Military Fatalities By Year

Year US UK Other Total
2001 12 0 0 12
2002 49 3 18 70
2003 48 0 10 58
2004 52 1 7 60
2005 99 1 31 131
2006 98 39 54 191
2007 117 42 73 232
2008 155 51 89 295
2009 317 108 96 521
2010 499 103 109 711
2011 418 46 102 566
2012 95 16 32 143
Total 1959 410 621 2990

I notice not many liberals in this thread...any wonder

its hard to argue with stupid ... the post by you and the others here on the right are baseless... not worth arguing with ... there is a reason they say you can't fix stupid... it's a waste of our time... its a whole lot easier to make fun of you and your types

The OP. Remember the OP?

Would you like to address my OP?

as I said you can argue with stupidt ... all you can do is show stupid here what the actual numbers are ... sooooooooo for the benefit of the terminally dumb, tiny dancer, here are the numbers and sweetie pie, facts don't lie ...

oalition Military Fatalities By Year

Year US UK Other Total
2001 12 0 0 12
2002 49 3 18 70
2003 48 0 10 58
2004 52 1 7 60
2005 99 1 31 131
2006 98 39 54 191
2007 117 42 73 232
2008 155 51 89 295
2009 317 108 96 521
2010 499 103 109 711
2011 418 46 102 566
2012 95 16 32 143
Total 1959 410 621 2990

Obama "finished" the Iraq war? If you mean walking away with his head between his legs then I agree. But it's Bush's efforts that stabalized a country that was once ran by a mere gangster. Can the same be said about the fingerprint Obama left in Libya and Egypt? And last I checked, Obama has not "finished" the Afghanistan war despite his campaign promise to do so. Instead, he's presided over more casualties in a shorter time.

Bush did such a great job in "winning" the wars he started. His blunder into Iraq cost 5000 American lives and diverted the war on terrorism

It was Obama who rightly refocused the war effort on Afghanistan and Pakistan

You'd love to pretend that American deaths in Iraq were in vain. Bush learned from the lessons of Vietnam. We cut and run there and millions of Cambodians were killed in a genocide.

stop misdirecting Tiny dancer post ... oh that... s right ... she won't remind you of the original post... you're another right wing nut job ... my bad

I think it is horrible that the Republucans started two wars that they were unable to finish.
If hey didn't take their eye off the ball in Afghanistan it would have been finished five years ago. It is a shame that President Obama had to come in and do it right

69% of all the deaths in Afghanistan is not doing it "right".

Could you please elaborate on this statistic?

you got a source for that bull shit of yours tiny dancer ??? 69% of the deaths, now that's hysterical :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm afraid it does

I don't give a shit. We've all covered that a quizzillion freaking times and we've laid those deaths appropriately on Bush's desk.

Talk about my OP. And Obama's deaths. The blood on HIS desk in the Oval Office.

Talk about Obama's reign of terror. 69% Stop deflecting and address the issue.

Talk to me about the 69%. Please elaborate on the deaths of those under Obama.

ok you're a liar... there is that better For you!!!!

I think it is horrible that the Republucans started two wars that they were unable to finish.
If hey didn't take their eye off the ball in Afghanistan it would have been finished five years ago. It is a shame that President Obama had to come in and do it right

69% of all the deaths in Afghanistan is not doing it "right".

Could you please elaborate on this statistic?

you got a source for that bull shit of yours tiny dancer ??? 69% of the deaths, now that's hysterical :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Try the link in the OP. One thing you should learn about me right quick, I quadruple source anything I put up here and I always try to make it the appropriate pablum source for liberals.

Yes, 69 percent of the deaths are now on Obama's watch.

Any comments of merit on the subject, or will you choose to continue to be obtuse?

more have died under obama watch???? really !!!!!

More have in Operations in Afghanistan. Check the figures you posted.

Year US UK Other Total
2001 12 0 0 12
2002 49 3 18 70
2003 48 0 10 58
2004 52 1 7 60
2005 99 1 31 131
2006 98 39 54 191
2007 117 42 73 232
2008 155 51 89 295
2009 317 108 96 521
2010 499 103 109 711
2011 418 46 102 566
2012 95 16 32 143
Total 1959 410 621 2990

Can I interest you in a remedial math course?

US Deaths:

317+499+418+95 = 1329

1329/1959 = 67.8%

Total Coalition Deaths:

521+711+566+143 = 1941

1941/2990 = 64.9%

Is 67.8% and 64.9% more or less than half?

I don't give a shit. We've all covered that a quizzillion freaking times and we've laid those deaths appropriately on Bush's desk.

Talk about my OP. And Obama's deaths. The blood on HIS desk in the Oval Office.

Talk about Obama's reign of terror. 69% Stop deflecting and address the issue.

do you always have to lie like this tiny dancer ??? 69% of the troops have died under Obama's watch ??? you really want to go there ??? if you want to say stupid stuff, fine, if you really want to be taken serious the give a source with your outrageous lie here .... 69% .... yea you're a republican all right ... stupid seems to run high in the republican party

Yes. Bush caved to Democrat politics. It's not point to defend everything Bush did. My point is to point out your own hypocrisy regarding Obama's handling of Afghanistan.

Bush ignored the Democrats, Bush ignored the international community, Bush ignored his Generals, Bush ignored his own father.......Bush was the decider

Who Bush listened to was Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz who were trying to sell the diversion into Iraq as no big deal, be over in a few months, won't take many troops or cost many lives. Deploying a force the size that Shinseki advised or for the duration Shinseki predicted would not sell politically

more have died under obama watch???? really !!!!! You are a moron ... there was a liittle doubt but now there is none ... you got any figures on the bunch of BS???? didn't think so .... sooooooooooo here's a figure that you can suck on ... under Obama's watch here's the number of soldiers each year who died .... heres the numbers under Bush watch ... according to the facts here, you know those pesky little known things that seems to allude you right wing nut jobs... under Bush more soldiers have died .... nice try but no banana for you

Year US UK Other Total
2001 12 0 0 12
2002 49 3 18 70
2003 48 0 10 58
2004 52 1 7 60
2005 99 1 31 131
2006 98 39 54 191
2007 117 42 73 232
2008 155 51 89 295
2009 317 108 96 521
2010 499 103 109 711
2011 418 46 102 566
2012 95 16 32 143
Total 1959 410 621 2990

You didn't read to OP, did ya?

Bless your heart.....

Bush ignored the Democrats, Bush ignored the international community, Bush ignored his Generals, Bush ignored his own father.......Bush was the decider

Who Bush listened to was Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz who were trying to sell the diversion into Iraq as no big deal, be over in a few months, won't take many troops or cost many lives. Deploying a force the size that Shinseki advised or for the duration Shinseki predicted would not sell politically

And you have to keep attacking Bush b/c you have no defense for Obama's hypocrisy.

Forum List

Back