Obama's war on the press

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Obama's War on The Press

We are told all day long that Trump is a fascist by the press and that he threatens a free press. Yet we are never told how other than Trump tweets what we already know, and that is the press is bias against him. CNN is there lying about such things as how Trump has created a travel ban on all Muslims, when in reality, it did not effect about 90% of Muslims in the world.

Yet Obama took some pretty nasty action against the "free press". He invaded the privacy of journalists to go after whistleblowers, much like Nixon breaking into Watergate to get the scoop on his political foes. Yet nothing was done about it, and by in large the press remained silent.

What the Left is upset over, I assume, is that Trump exercises his right to freedom of speech in defending himself, something they seek to take every day. They have taken such freedom away on college campuses around the country, they have even taken it away on such media as Facebook and Youtube, etc. And now they seek to finish us all off.

Freedumbing-of-the-Press.jpg

Obama's War on The Press

We are told all day long that Trump is a fascist by the press and that he threatens a free press. Yet we are never told how other than Trump tweets what we already know, and that is the press is bias against him. CNN is there lying about such things as how Trump has created a travel ban on all Muslims, when in reality, it did not effect about 90% of Muslims in the world.

Yet Obama took some pretty nasty action against the "free press". He invaded the privacy of journalists to go after whistleblowers, much like Nixon breaking into Watergate to get the scoop on his political foes. Yet nothing was done about it, and by in large the press remained silent.

What the Left is upset over, I assume, is that Trump exercises his right to freedom of speech in defending himself, something they seek to take every day. They have taken such freedom away on college campuses around the country, they have even taken it away on such media as Facebook and Youtube, etc. And now they seek to finish us all off.

Actually this was widely covered at the time, and Obama was widely condemned for going after whistle blowers.

What Obama didn't do- which your Don the Con is doing- is to actually attack the press entirely- declaring that the press is the enemy of the people

The Fake News hates me saying that they are the Enemy of the People only because they know it’s TRUE. I am providing a great service by explaining this to the American People. They purposely cause great division & distrust. They can also cause War! They are very dangerous & sick!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 5, 2018

Don the Con purposely is trying to convince his gullible followers that you can't trust the press- you can only trust Trump and his loyal outlets.

Don the Con can 'exercise' his free speech- just as news outlets can.

Everyone but Omarosa....who Don the Con is very busy trying to ensure she does not exercise her free speech.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
If the path to the truth of all things can be represented by the flat, crystalline surface of a glacial natural lake, what role in aiding or obscuring our view of the truth in all things beneath it does the modern American MSM play? Does the "free" press corps--and associated outlets--represent a sun rising over the lake, revealing truth in all things, or a spotlight beam showing a swath here and there of some truths? Or, does the American free press represent the stirring up of silt and mud clouds on the lake bottom which hides the truth in all things from our view, or rain drops or wind churning up its surface?

At what point does revelation of the truth become one of many interpretations of something possessed of only one original meaning? Should the American free press transport the consumer to the truth in all things, or is such a journey each of us must take individually to avoid loss of its purity in third party translation?

The American free press is a business and an industry. Can the truth be packaged, sold and in good faith, profited on, without loss of original veracity? And what about natural, personal inherent bias of the individual and affiliate group members? Are for hire, paid fact checkers effective enough or diligent enough guardians of the produced, broadcast and televised and online truth?

So many question, so few purchasable answers.

one thing i've learned about the press, they're always hungry for a good story, and the more sensational the better. if you are a little bit different, or a little outrageous, or if you do things that are bold or controversial, they will write about you!

Obama's War on The Press

Actually this was widely covered at the time, and Obama was widely condemned for going after whistle blowers.

What Obama didn't do- which your Don the Con is doing- is to actually attack the press entirely- declaring that the press is the enemy of the people

The Fake News hates me saying that they are the Enemy of the People only because they know it’s TRUE. I am providing a great service by explaining this to the American People. They purposely cause great division & distrust. They can also cause War! They are very dangerous & sick!

Don the Con purposely is trying to convince his gullible followers that you can't trust the press- you can only trust Trump and his loyal outlets.

Everyone but Omarosa....who Don the Con is very busy trying to ensure she does not exercise her free speech.

Ok, so you think Trump is worse for saying that he is at war with the media, which is true, in fact, I've seen the bias for sometime now in favor of Dims. However, you think Obama is better, even though he came after whistle blowers? In fact, 38 news groups came out against Obama for various ways he has manipulated the news.

Censorship: 38 journalism groups slam Obama's 'politically-driven suppression of news'

Sorry, there is no comparison.

Obama's War on The Press

Yes.... obama actually did what the left wing, democrats are pretending that Trump is doing, since he hasn't done anything to them.

Obama's War on The Press

BINGO, Jimmy Dore of the The Young Turks talks about this..and he's bigly left wing.....

Obama's War on The Press

Yes.... obama actually did what the left wing, democrats are pretending that Trump is doing, since he hasn't done anything to them.

Trump could turn the IRS on them like Obama did conservatives, but that would be unconstitutional and illegal.

I guess the difference, is Obama knew he was bullet proof. He was both Left wing and black, so on Mueller probes and no court in the land dare find him guilty of anything.

In short, he was too black to fail.

Obama was about 5% antithetical to the press compared to "Shut'em Down Donald."

Obama was about 5% antithetical to the press compared to "Shut'em Down Donald."

5% antithetical? Using what data? LMAO!

We are talking about a President that used his power to manipulate and control the press vs. someone just expressing his views on the press.

The American Thinker - :laughing0301:

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight ^^^^^^^^^^^

Fake News, next contestant.

Obama's War on The Press

No, what he DID do though was hack the computers of Journalists, hack Senate Intelligence Committee Computers and servers and put people in Jail for political reasons. Desouza and that guy who made the video about Islam so don't try and pretend that Obambi was a saint.

Obama's War on The Press

No, what he DID do though was hack the computers of Journalists, hack Senate Intelligence Committee Computers and servers and put people in Jail for political reasons. Desouza and that guy who made the video about Islam so don't try and pretend that Obambi was a saint.

lol

Votto wonderfully express just what Dump'em Donald is doing with the Press: "We are talking about a President that used his power to manipulate and control the press vs. someone just expressing his views on the press."

Obama's War on The Press

lol

"
Senator Dianne Feinstein: CIA Hacked Congress and Possibly 'Violated' Constitution"

"
In 2014, the CIA got caught spying on Senate Intelligence Committee staffers, though CIA Director John Brennan had explicitly denied that.

There were also wiretaps on then-Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) in 2011 under Obama. The same happened under President George W. Bush to former Congresswoman Jane Harman (D-Calif.).

Journalists have been targeted, too. This internal email, exposed by WikiLeaks, should give everyone chills. It did me."

The government subsequently got caught monitoring journalists at Fox News, The Associated Press, and, as I allege in a federal lawsuit, my computers while I worked as an investigative correspondent at CBS News. On Aug. 7, 2013, CBS News publicly announced:

… correspondent Sharyl Attkisson’s computer was hacked by ‘an unauthorized, external, unknown party on multiple occasions,’ confirming Attkisson’s previous revelation of the hacking.

It looks like Obama did spy on Trump, just as he apparently did to me
https://nypost.com/2014/10/27/ex-cbs-reporter-government-related-entity-bugged-my-computer/
Sharyl Attkisson: IG's Office Swapped Out My Hard Drive After Fed Agents Hacked My Computer
The video of Sharyl Attkisson getting "hacked" actually just shows a stuck delete key

I can bitch slap you all day long kid.

Liberal progressives are good at putting positive spin on really bad ideas. The democrat plan was to force right wing radio to spew left wing propaganda and they called it the "fairness doctrine". Right wingers called it "hush Rush" and it didn't fly once the plan became known.

Obama's War on The Press

Its completely Different when a Democrat does it.

Obama's War on The Press

I haven't trusted them in years. Nothing new to me.

The American Thinker - :laughing0301:

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight ^^^^^^^^^^^

Fake News, next contestant.

Ok, look this one up

Helen Thomas: Not Even Nixon Tried to Control the Media Like Obama
Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Then let me know if you think this is fake news as well.

Forum List

Back