Obama's war on Fox & half the country

Obama's war on Fox & half the country

Oh, that's a hoot. Only 19 or 20% of the country admits to being a Republican. Less than 6% of scientists will say they are a Republican.

Fox get's 3 million out of 330 million. That's less than 1%.

And yet, it's 50%. Obviously, the fact that less than 6% of scientists are Republican hurts their ability to "number count".

This a perfect exposure of the delusions of the far right wing, which the GOP moderate conservatives are abandoning.

The above posting is nothing short of delusional on so many levels I hardly know where to begin. Lets start with Fox is not the press... free or otherwise. Fox is not a news orginization. Fox is not owned by an American. The president isn't obligated to respond to foreign owned infotainment outlets. Granting presidential interviews has never been unrestricted under ANY administration. It is not Fox's Rupert Murdoch nor Roger Ailes decision who interviews the president. Name calling, missinformation, treason and anti american government rhetoric has its reprocussions...as in you don't get invited to the party if you make it clear that the only reason you want to attend is because you want to shit in the punch bowl.

Do you really believe that any major news organization is going to turn down an interview with a sitting president because foreign owned Fox isn't invited? That is so stupid it defies any justification of the time to analyze it. If you are all in a lather to defend freedom of the press don't you think it would appear more genuine if you chose as your poster child an american media outlet?

Oh for heaven's sake. I accept that you hate Fox News. But you can't get around their ratings or their reputation for fair and balanced reporting that is as good or better than anybody else's.

Here is a clip backing up the reality that the White House did attempt to ban Fox News and the other news groups came to their defense:

WH Tries to Ban Fox News From 'Pool Interview' | The FOX Nation

And here is a UCLA study that pretty well disputes your own obviously prejudiced impression of Fox News:

Excerpt
"If viewers spent an equal amount of time watching Fox's 'Special Report' as ABC's 'World News' and NBC's 'Nightly News,' then they would receive a nearly perfectly balanced version of the news," said Milyo, an associate professor of economics and public affairs at the University of Missouri at Columbia.

Five news outlets — "NewsHour With Jim Lehrer," ABC's "Good Morning America," CNN's "NewsNight With Aaron Brown," Fox News' "Special Report With Brit Hume" and the Drudge Report — were in a statistical dead heat in the race for the most centrist news outlet. Of the print media, USA Today was the most centrist.
Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist / UCLA Newsroom

You are not addressing a child. The least you could do is addmit that your feelings are hurt because the pulpit of treason you pray to wasn't invited to the party. I don't hate Fox any more than any other subversive organization. I am offended by a foreigner dumbing down our population. What is it that you don't understand about the meaning of "foreign"?
What on earth does any part of our country..government or otherwise owe Rupert Murdoch? Your fascination with tabloid lost blonds, balloon boys and and rambling crying mental cases like Glen Beck is noted. I like the History Chanel but I don't really care if they get a presidential interview or not even though they have a far more legitimate reason for requesting one than a chanel that specializes in lying, attempting to get americans to vote for supporting the rights of international corporations over the rights and welfare of US citizens, flogging tea bagging and constantly posing earthshaking "news" like wether or not Obama is a US citizen. I don't care if Obama came from outer space. He was elected fairly, openly and by a good majority. He was elected by a number of americans 30 times larger than fox's largest viewing audience. I am not a liberal nor am I a democrat but since the republican party has been driven into the ground by fundimentalist fascists there was no choice but to vote for the smart guy in the last election. How you let a foreign piece of shit like Murdoch trick you into thinking that his interests outweigh yours I will never know but I am offended by it.

My feelings are hurt? Hardly.

I am not the one making wild accusations that I can't back up. You did. And I showed how you couldn't back them up.

I am not the one ranting and raving and drawing unrelated issues, illustrations, metaphors, and some really idiotic references into the discussion. You are.

Are your feelings hurt?

Oh for heaven's sake. I accept that you hate Fox News. But you can't get around their ratings or their reputation for fair and balanced reporting that is as good or better than anybody else's.

Here is a clip backing up the reality that the White House did attempt to ban Fox News and the other news groups came to their defense:

WH Tries to Ban Fox News From 'Pool Interview' | The FOX Nation

And here is a UCLA study that pretty well disputes your own obviously prejudiced impression of Fox News:

Excerpt

Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist / UCLA Newsroom

You are not addressing a child. The least you could do is addmit that your feelings are hurt because the pulpit of treason you pray to wasn't invited to the party. I don't hate Fox any more than any other subversive organization. I am offended by a foreigner dumbing down our population. What is it that you don't understand about the meaning of "foreign"?
What on earth does any part of our country..government or otherwise owe Rupert Murdoch? Your fascination with tabloid lost blonds, balloon boys and and rambling crying mental cases like Glen Beck is noted. I like the History Chanel but I don't really care if they get a presidential interview or not even though they have a far more legitimate reason for requesting one than a chanel that specializes in lying, attempting to get americans to vote for supporting the rights of international corporations over the rights and welfare of US citizens, flogging tea bagging and constantly posing earthshaking "news" like wether or not Obama is a US citizen. I don't care if Obama came from outer space. He was elected fairly, openly and by a good majority. He was elected by a number of americans 30 times larger than fox's largest viewing audience. I am not a liberal nor am I a democrat but since the republican party has been driven into the ground by fundimentalist fascists there was no choice but to vote for the smart guy in the last election. How you let a foreign piece of shit like Murdoch trick you into thinking that his interests outweigh yours I will never know but I am offended by it.

I am not the one making wild accusations that I can't back up. You did. And I showed how you couldn't back them up.

I am not the one ranting and raving and drawing unrelated issues, illustrations, metaphors, and some really idiotic references into the discussion. You are.

Are your feelings hurt?

My "wild" accusation is that Murdoch is not an american and is owed no loyalty by our president.. Deny it.

My "wild" accusation is that Murdoch is not an american and is owed no loyalty by our president.. Deny it.

You could have fooled me. Seems you were shouting several hundred words there about all sorts of things unrelated to Murdoch. Frankly I don't see how Murdoch is even relevent to the discussion. It isn't Murdoch that the President has targeted but the Fox News organization and specifically Glenn Beck who IS an American as are most or all people working for Fox News that is chartered as a member of the U.S. Press and is an American corporation and licensed to do business in America.

The President did swear an oath of loyalty to the Constitution, however, which includes the First Amendment:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Any President who initiates or condones an assault by any member or members of his Administration or the Congress on any person or organization exercising their rights under the Constitution is himself in violation of the spirit and intent of that very Constitution. That is doubly true when it is the free press that the President presumes to silence.

Last edited:

You could have fooled me. Seems you were shouting several hundred words there about all sorts of things unrelated to Murdoch. Frankly I don't see how Murdoch is even relevent to the discussion. It isn't Murdoch that the President has targeted but the Fox News organization and specifically Glenn Beck who IS an American as are most or all people working for Fox News that is chartered as a member of the U.S. Press and is an American corporation and licensed to do business in America.

The President did swear an oath of loyalty to the Constitution, however, which includes the First Amendment:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Any President who initiates or condones an assault by any member or members of his Administration or the Congress on any person or organization exercising their rights under the Constitution is himself in violation of that Constitution. That is doubly true when it is the free press that the President presumes to silence.

It might be convenient for you to dissmiss Murdoch being a foreigner but that makes Fox a foreign owned company wether you like it or not. I doubt the framers of the constitution included foreign owned media in thier intentions. You letting Fox into your home does not make it any more american than a jaguar in your neighbors driveway.

Look away from the shiny object. Rupert Murdoch is not your friend. He will never tell you the truth. Even some americans will lie..but one thing for sure..Murdoch is not one of us. If you think that does not matter then you are a fool.

Any President who initiates or condones an assault by any member or members of his Administration or the Congress on any person or organization exercising their rights under the Constitution is himself in violation of that Constitution. That is doubly true when it is the free press that the President presumes to silence.

It might be convenient for you to dissmiss Murdoch being a foreigner but that makes Fox a foreign owned company wether you like it or not. I doubt the framers of the constitution included foreign owned media in thier intentions. You letting Fox into your home does not make it any more american than a jaguar in your neighbors driveway.

Look away from the shiny object. Rupert Murdoch is not your friend. He will never tell you the truth. Even some americans will lie..but one thing for sure..Murdoch is not one of us. If you think that does not matter then you are a fool.

If I am a fool, then President Obama is a far bigger fool for not targeting Murdoch himself don't you think?

Ah well. Rave on. I doubt anything I could say would convince you since you seem determined to dismiss any evidence that might help you see the real situation here more clearly.

If I am a fool, then President Obama is a far bigger fool for not targeting Murdoch himself don't you think?

Ah well. Rave on. I doubt anything I could say would convince you since you seem determined to dismiss any evidence that might help you see the real situation here more clearly.

I do not subscribe to the idea that treating foreign owned media differently than american media is "raving". yES

I do not subscribe to the idea that treating foreign owned media differently than american media is "raving". Yes, you will have a hard row to hoe convincing me that there is no difference. Somehow you have let the interloper make you believe that once allowed into your livingroom he is representing american interests. That simple fact is not some wild conspiracy theory. Just being here does not make you automatically american...case in point the perpetraitors of 9/11. I'm not even trying to get Fox taken off the air as I believe they should be. I am just advocating that we need to be vigilant in calling a spade a spade and letting ourselves be more clear on who we let influence our country. Ownership does matter.

I do not subscribe to the idea that treating foreign owned media differently than american media is "raving". Yes, you will have a hard row to hoe convincing me that there is no difference. Somehow you have let the interloper make you believe that once allowed into your livingroom he is representing american interests. That simple fact is not some wild conspiracy theory. Just being here does not make you automatically american...case in point the perpetraitors of 9/11. I'm not even trying to get Fox taken off the air as I believe they should be. I am just advocating that we need to be vigilant in calling a spade a spade and letting ourselves be more clear on who we let influence our country. Ownership does matter.

Okay, since you seem obsessed with the idea that Fox News is somehow foreign owned, let's try to get the facts straight.

News Corp. of which Rupert Murdoch is President of and which owns Fox News started out as an Australian corporation but was re-incorporated in Delaware. That officially makes it a U.S. Corporation.

Rupert Murdoch became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 1985. That makes him as American as any other citizen of the USA. The only thing he cannot do that a natural born citizen can do is run for President. (If he did he, with his track record for success, he would probably be elected.)

Fox News was launched in 1986 AFTER Murdoch became a U.S. Citizen. It was incorporated and licensed in the USA and nowhere else.

Fact: Foreign ownership of U.S. television stations is illegal. Fox News is not and has never been under foreign ownership.

Okay. The ball is in your court.

Okay, since you seem obsessed with the idea that Fox News is somehow foreign owned, let's try to get the facts straight.

News Corp. of which Rupert Murdoch is President of and which owns Fox News started out as an Australian corporation but was re-incorporated in Delaware. That officially makes it a U.S. Corporation.

Rupert Murdoch became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 1985. That makes him as American as any other citizen of the USA. The only thing he cannot do that a natural born citizen can do is run for President. (If he did he, with his track record for success, he would probably be elected.)

Fox News was launched in 1986 AFTER Murdoch became a U.S. Citizen. It was incorporated and licensed in the USA and nowhere else.

Fact: Foreign ownership of U.S. television stations is illegal. Fox News is not and has never been under foreign ownership.

Okay. The ball is in your court.

"In 2004, Murdoch announced that he was moving News Corp.'s headquarters from Adelaide, Australia to the United States. Choosing a US domicile was designed to ensure that American fund managers could purchase shares in the company, since many were deciding not to buy shares in non-US companies."
...wikipedia....

Ya he's a real jimminy crickett goddamn american patriot..that one...

To huggy,

Don't change the subject. Newscorp and Fox News are separate corporation with separate management. Fox News is not Newscorp any more than NBC, MSNBC, CNBC are General Electric who own them. Just admit that Fox News is not a foreign media source and you've been ranting and raving about stuff you had no clue about, and we're done.

To huggy,

Don't change the subject. Newscorp and Fox News are separate corporation with separate management. Fox News is not Newscorp any more than NBC, MSNBC, CNBC are General Electric who own them. Just admit that Fox News is not a foreign media source and you've been ranting and raving about stuff you had no clue about, and we're done.

Ya Murdoch is as american as apple pie. I don't rant and rave about my country. My loyalty does not need excuses like yours. My guess is that I've been around a bit more than you and longer than you so I don't really give your dissmissive tone much credibility. You can continue to subvert our way of life by bowing down to the aussi interloper if you want. Thats your right I suppose but we are definitly not donewhen you try to pass that jackass off as an american. You need to sell that fantasy to someone who's ancestors did not fight in two world wars to protect what is ours.

To huggy,

Sorry to interject, but that's game, set and match to you, Fox.

You are 100% right and - not for the first time - Huggy is 100% wrong. Well played.

As an aside, anyone who resorts to quoting wiki to back up an answer has already lost on points, but you blasted him with the inconvenient truth. Nice.

To huggy,

Ya Murdoch is as american as apple pie. I don't rant and rave about my country. My loyalty does not need excuses like yours. My guess is that I've been around a bit more than you and longer than you so I don't really give your dissmissive tone much credibility. You can continue to subvert our way of life by bowing down to the aussi interloper if you want. Thats your right I suppose but we are definitly not donewhen you try to pass that jackass off as an american. You need to sell that fantasy to someone who's ancestors did not fight in two world wars to protect what is ours.

If you're gonna drag WWII into it, do bear in mind that we didn't fight alone. The Australians did their fair share of the fighting - and dying right along side us, as did the Brits and a fair few other countries. Plenty of people's ancestors died on those foreign fields. Not just ours.

To huggy,

You are 100% right and - not for the first time - Huggy is 100% wrong. Well played.

As an aside, anyone who resorts to quoting wiki to back up an answer has already lost on points, but you blasted him with the inconvenient truth. Nice.

I never depend on Wiki alone as a source as a lot of crap gets inserted there, but when properly notated and referenced, they are sometimes useful to get condensed histories or names/dates/keywords to use in searching a topic. I did go there to get Murdoch's naturalization date as I couldn't remember for sure exactly when that was.

And kudos on your WWII comment too. I wonder if anybody besides Huggy thinks Australians are somehow our enemy? :)

Last edited:
To huggy,

which is why he is relegated to busying himself making stupid little lists donchyaknow? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Are your feelings hurt?

No more than George Soros who owns the Democrat party.

Forum List

Back