Obama's War on Coal Country Families

You're a gullible dumbass. The EPA gave the American Lung Association $20 million to produce that study. It's about as credible as any of Obama's promises about government run healthcare.

Of course the American Lung Association is part of the commie negro conspiracy. I should have guessed :rolleyes:

No, they are simply a paid propaganda mill that does the EPA's bidding.

You're a gullible dumbass. The EPA gave the American Lung Association $20 million to produce that study. It's about as credible as any of Obama's promises about government run healthcare.

Of course the American Lung Association is part of the commie negro conspiracy. I should have guessed :rolleyes:

And you got that information from what source?

Here's the part of the article that hit me in the gut:

Millions will get laid off—in coal mines, power plants, factories, shops. Entire families and communities will be pounded and impoverished.

Well, he DID promise to do this when he ran for election and re-election. Yet, many of these people still voted for him!

And, of course, there are plenty of those who will attack the source instead of the message @

Trampling on Coal Country families

There are approximately 174,000 blue-collar, full-time, permanent jobs related to coal in the U.S.: mining (83,000), transportation (31,000), and power plant employment (60,000). (See below for details on each sector.) The U.S. civilian labor force totaled 141,730,000 workers in 2005; thus, permanent blue-collar coal industry employees represent 0.12% of the U.S. workforce.[1] (Compare this percentage with the 1.89% of U.S. workers who worked in coal mining alone in 1920.)

This total does not include indirect employment - workers who are not directly employed in the coal industry, but whose jobs are supported by that industry. It is entirely possible that thousands - even tens of thousands - of workers are indirectly supported entirely by the coal industry. However, the National Coal Association's 1994 estimate that the coal industry directly and indirectly employs around 1.5 million people[2] seems exaggerated. The level of indirect employment is in the low hundreds of thousands - not in the millions.

Coal and jobs in the United States - SourceWatch

It's not that Obama hates the miners.

It's more generalized. He simply hates having anyone not entirely dependent on government (read "Democrat Party") handouts.

No one is more dependent on Government than conservatives in Red States. Links proving that have been posted a hundred times. Red States are basket cases. What is it you idiots think you make that anyone wants?

EPA pays American Lung Association to attack GOP JunkScience.com

“The American Lung Association has targeted House Energy and Commerce Chairman Fred Upton for his efforts to stop U.S. EPA from regulating greenhouse gas emissions by placing billboards within sight of his district offices linking climate change with increased childhood asthma,” reports E&E News PM.

“The American Lung Association has targeted House Energy and Commerce Chairman Fred Upton for his efforts to stop U.S. EPA from regulating greenhouse gas emissions by placing billboards within sight of his district offices linking climate change with increased childhood asthma,” reports E&E News PM.

Ahhh, from a real propaganda mill!

Look, people with respiratory problems don't need to be agitated by rhetoric. We are agitated by all the shit in the air.

Look, people with respiratory problems don't need to be agitated by rhetoric. We are agitated by all the shit in the air.

Uh . . .no. Along with the EPA and the American Lung Association, Mother Jones and ThinkProgress.org are real propaganda mills.

Apparently you enjoy being lied to and bamboozled. You're the kind that politicians love. If you don't like hearing the truth, you're in the wrong place. Why don't you try hanging out in the capitol building? There's enough bullshit flowing there to last 10,000 years.

Bripat numeracy is fundamental to understanding your argument so you might as well give up this line of attack.

I ask again, what is it you right wingnuts think you make that anyone wants?

Here's the part of the article that hit me in the gut:

Millions will get laid off—in coal mines, power plants, factories, shops. Entire families and communities will be pounded and impoverished.

Well, he DID promise to do this when he ran for election and re-election. Yet, many of these people still voted for him!

And, of course, there are plenty of those who will attack the source instead of the message @

Trampling on Coal Country families

There are approximately 174,000 blue-collar, full-time, permanent jobs related to coal in the U.S.: mining (83,000), transportation (31,000), and power plant employment (60,000). (See below for details on each sector.) The U.S. civilian labor force totaled 141,730,000 workers in 2005; thus, permanent blue-collar coal industry employees represent 0.12% of the U.S. workforce.[1] (Compare this percentage with the 1.89% of U.S. workers who worked in coal mining alone in 1920.)

This total does not include indirect employment - workers who are not directly employed in the coal industry, but whose jobs are supported by that industry. It is entirely possible that thousands - even tens of thousands - of workers are indirectly supported entirely by the coal industry. However, the National Coal Association's 1994 estimate that the coal industry directly and indirectly employs around 1.5 million people[2] seems exaggerated. The level of indirect employment is in the low hundreds of thousands - not in the millions.

Coal and jobs in the United States - SourceWatch
2005, that was about ten years ago, before obama, during bush, so to make a point about jobs you use figures from the past.

Rdean proves things were better under Bush than Osama.

Uh . . .no. Along with the EPA and the American Lung Association, Mother Jones and ThinkProgress.org are real propaganda mills.

Apparently you enjoy being lied to and bamboozled. You're the kind that politicians love. If you don't like hearing the truth, you're in the wrong place. Why don't you try hanging out in the capitol building? There's enough bullshit flowing there to last 10,000 years.

Gee, I didn't realize. I guess when my asthma flares up I should just breathe some coal smoke. Cures what ails ya, right? "Not a cough in the carload" and all that...

Apparently you enjoy being lied to and bamboozled.

Gee, I didn't realize. I guess when my asthma flares up I should just breathe some coal smoke. Cures what ails ya, right? "Not a cough in the carload" and all that...

You should breath coal smoke, which is impossible, but go ahead and try.

I'll bet there isn't a coal fired power plant within 50 miles of where you live. No doctor ever diagnosed a patient as having "asthma aggravated by smoke from coal fired power plant." There isn't a shred of evidence that coal fired power plants have any ill health affects whatsoever. Such claim are pure fabrications by the EPA and the ALA.

Why should I have to pay three times the price for electricity because you're a paranoid hypochondriac?

The increased cost of electricity has nothing to with any individual's paranoid hypochondria. It's due to one (other) man-child's election campaign promise - one of the few fulfilled.

http://instituteforenergyresearch.o...quality-and-coal-fired-power-plants-final.pdf

Check out pages 8,9, and 10.

This is such a great article and shows the difference between perception and fact. What is even more pertinent(just like the fate of commercial fishermen) is that the govt demands you spend billions of dollars in upgrades and then after you do they say we are going to shut you down cause we feel like it. The report says our air is cleaner not dirtier even with coal producing fifty per cent of electrical energy.take the subsidies away and factor in for dependability and I bet coal is competitive. And as a believer in consistency explain why coal plants producing mercury must shut down but light bulbs producing the same amount of of mercury are mandated by the govt.

As far as the human cost, Obama has never been concerned about jobs for people but rather whether he can buy their votes by getting them on welfare. Mission accomplished.

No polititian is concerned about jobs. Wake up.

Forum List

Back