Obama's War Is America's War

Obama is going to realize that a significant percentage of his supporters, perhaps the majority were not just against Iraq, they are anti-war. Any war, for any reason.

Give most of those anti-war protestors a good war, and they'll be there with bells on.

Unlike most of the warmongering types that those bumpersticker plastered sunshine patriot chickenhawks so admire.

Those tools never met a war they weren't ready to send other people's kids to fight.

Exactly.

It seems like there's a bit of confusion between being antiwar and being anti dumb war.

There's a big difference of course. Bush started it.

That's a minor detail to many neo cons. I've seen several "pundits" on fox and cnn speculating when america will start calling Iraq Obamas war. Never. It will always be Bush's war.

These snakes are so confident in thier propaganda that they really believe there will come a time when we will forget Bush and Cheney lied us into this illegal war.

Ahh, the "illegal war" nonsense again ...........:cuckoo:

That's right lest you you forget I'll be right here to remind you.

Not all of 'em. The AUMF was FAR from a unanimous vote.

Please read it again. "being pushed by leading Dems"

That means the heavy hitters.... The ones with the big-time credibility factor with the American people. The ones who influenced the people who, at the time, supported the action taken.

I'm not saying the Dems weren't culpable but getting their support was all part of Bush Admins path to invading Iraq. It was the Bush admin that was THE driving force behind it all. You get a mini "gothca" by bringing up that half the Dems in the Senate voted for the war but at the end of the day it was the Bush Admin that was calling the shots not 20 something Dems in the Senate.

A "mini" gotcha? Look, I've danced this dance so many times I could do it if I was blind and crippled. In fact, a pissing match in another thread on this subject just ended with this.

WASHINGTON, Jan. 12, 2006 – Saddam Hussein's sponsorship of terrorists and terrorism is a matter of open public record, Vice President Dick Cheney said yesterday.
Cheney was a guest on nationally syndicated radio programs hosted by Sean Hannity and Tony Snow.

"The fact is we know that Saddam Hussein and Iraq were heavily involved with terror," Cheney told Snow. "They were carried as a terror-sponsoring state by our State Department for many, many years." He cited two terror organizations in particular -- Abu Nidal and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad - that operated out of Saddam's Iraq. He also noted that Saddam was making payments to families of suicide bombers. "All of this is very well established," Cheney said.

Snow noted that critics of the Iraq war frequently assert exactly the opposite - namely, that there "there's no linkage between al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein."

Cheney acknowledged this criticism, but said it is factually incorrect and misleading. Prior to the Iraq War, he observed, then-CIA Director George Tenet testified during open session before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence that the relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda dated back at least 10 years.

"What was never established," the vice president said, "was that there was a link between Iraq and the attacks of 9/11. ... So what some people have done is gotten very sloppy and ... then jumped to the conclusion that there was no relationship at all with respect to al Qaeda."

In fact, captured Iraqi documents, which only now are being reviewed, offer additional evidence of this relationship, Cheney said.
DefenseLink News Article: Cheney Reiterates Iraq Terror Connection

That's a minor detail to many neo cons. I've seen several "pundits" on fox and cnn speculating when america will start calling Iraq Obamas war. Never. It will always be Bush's war.

These snakes are so confident in thier propaganda that they really believe there will come a time when we will forget Bush and Cheney lied us into this illegal war.

Ahh, the "illegal war" nonsense again ...........:cuckoo:

That's right lest you you forget I'll be right here to remind you.

Keep reminding me what a moron you are, sooper .......

Please read it again. "being pushed by leading Dems"

That means the heavy hitters.... The ones with the big-time credibility factor with the American people. The ones who influenced the people who, at the time, supported the action taken.

I'm not saying the Dems weren't culpable but getting their support was all part of Bush Admins path to invading Iraq. It was the Bush admin that was THE driving force behind it all. You get a mini "gothca" by bringing up that half the Dems in the Senate voted for the war but at the end of the day it was the Bush Admin that was calling the shots not 20 something Dems in the Senate.

A "mini" gotcha?

Yes. Pointing out the that half the Dems were for the AUMF is what it is but at the end of the day it was the Bush Admin that was the real driving force behind it all and the ones calling the shots.

That's why Iraq is "Bush's war"

Look, I've danced this dance so many times I could do it if I was blind and crippled.
Ok ...

In fact, a pissing match in another thread on this subject just ended with this.

What are you looking for here? A cookie?

Yes. Pointing out the that half the Dems were for the AUMF is what it is but at the end of the day it was the Bush Admin that was the real driving force behind it all and the ones calling the shots.

That's why Iraq is "Bush's war"

Ok ...

In fact, a pissing match in another thread on this subject just ended with this.

What are you looking for here? A cookie?

No.... Just pointing out the facts.... And trying to prevent another one.... I'm particular about cookies....

So you actually believe Saddams pretext for his illegal war? Did you believe Hitler wasn't lying when he said the Poles started it?

And no such comment was given by Bush the first regarding Kuwait.

Actually Saddam started it when he invaded Kuwait.

Actually Kuwait started it when they started drilling for oil under the border with Iraq. Then our people gave Saddam the go ahead when they told him they didn't care if he kicked the Kuaiti's ass.

Yes you take Saddam's word...that figures
did you expect any kind of common sense from huggy?
i don't believe he is capable of it

Forum List

Back