Obama's wag the dog? Rhetoric on Syria ramping up to serious level

obama is going to do nothing. He will eventually blame Syria for his losing the election. He will not challenge Russia AND China.

Should he though?

Months ago I said we should have considered drone attacks on Assad and nipped the slaughter of innocence. Back when they killed all those women and children. 10000 deaths later and not a peep. Until now (election time)

obama is going to do nothing. He will eventually blame Syria for his losing the election. He will not challenge Russia AND China.

Should he though?

Months ago I said we should have considered drone attacks on Assad and nipped the slaughter of innocence. Back when they killed all those women and children. 10000 deaths later and not a peep. Until now (election time)

I thought Obama would wait until after the election to deal with this, like Bush did with Fallujah.

Should he though?

He should never have done anything! He should never have let it get to this point by arming the muslim brotherhood. Assad would have put down the rebellion and it would have been all over by now. Instead the royal jerk-off put us in the position of being forced to lose. No matter what happens, we will lose. He has shown the US to be weak and ineffective, easily silenced by their betters. If obama had something in his head other than a pea brain controlled by an oversized frontal lobe, he would have said this is as civil war and we will not interfere and leave it at that.

To imagine for one second that Russia would not interfere to protect their base is beyond the point of insanity. What would the US do if it wasn't Syria, but the Phillipines and insurgents intended to take over Subic Bay?

The absolute STUPIDEST act was to have the twit ambassador bring it to a vote before the Security Council KNOWING, in advance, KNOWING absolutely that all votes would be subject to Russia's veto.

It has gone beyond "what is obama thinking" to "does obama think at all".

After all, this asinine exhibition comes after Putin lectured obama and put him in his place in mexico? Surely after getting bitch slapped from Mexico City to Puerto Vallarta obama would have had a bare clue as to Russia's intentions. Or was he still relying on his divine right to rule the world?

Last edited:
The rebels are in the capital and Assad has fled to his tribal area. Soon, they might just capture the TV stations and Radio Stations.

17000+ dead and China and Russia veto a resolution to stop the fighting.

We have absolutely no clout with Russia or China.

I heard a report that he has fled to a resort island and given orders to use his chemicals if the capital is in jeopardy of falling. Well that looks close as the main security base and police headquarters has reportedly fallen.

This looks like it could end very rapidly.

Leon Panetta on Syria: ‘We are very concerned’ - The Washington Post

Ever wonder why Obama was so eager to oust leaders of countries that were friendly to the US but leaders that oppose America are left intact? Now the countries who's leaders we ousted are set to be taken over by our enemies.

Anyhow we now seem to be set to become involved in a civil war on the doorstep of an election. 10's of thousands have been slaughtered while we stood by doing nothing. Suddenly It's an issue for us?
is trump wagging the dog to distract from his failures and ties to Russia?

'Ramping Up'?

Again, we already have combat troops in Syria and have been fighting Obama's Un-Constitutional, UN-Authorized war in Syria for a while now.

Good finds Sealy. :lol:
According to the mainstream media – that has been wrong about almost everything for a solid 18 months in a row – the Syrian government allegedly bombed its own people with a nerve agent.

The reason the Assad government would bomb its own people with a nerve agent right now is obvious. Syrian President Assad – who has been fighting for his life for several years, and is only lately feeling safer – suddenly decided to commit suicide-by-Trump. Because the best way to make that happen is to commit a war crime against your own people in exactly the way that would force President Trump to respond or else suffer humiliation at the hands of the mainstream media.

And how about those pictures coming in about the tragedy. Lots of visual imagery. Dead babies. It is almost as if someone designed this “tragedy” to be camera-ready for President Trump’s consumption. It pushed every one of his buttons. Hard. And right when things in Syria were heading in a positive direction.

• Interesting timing.
  • Super-powerful visual persuasion designed for Trump in particular.
  • Suspiciously well-documented event for a place with no real press.
  • No motive for Assad to use gas to kill a few dozen people at the cost of his entire regime. It wouldn’t be a popular move with Putin either.
  • The type of attack no U.S. president can ignore and come away intact.
  • A setup that looks suspiciously similar to the false WMD stories that sparked the Iraq war.

I’m going to call bullshit on the gas attack. It’s too “on-the-nose,” as Hollywood script-writers sometimes say, meaning a little too perfect to be natural. This has the look of a manufactured event.

My guess is that President Trump knows this smells fishy, but he has to talk tough anyway. However, keep in mind that he has made a brand out of not discussing military options. He likes to keep people guessing. He reminded us of that again yesterday, in case we forgot.

So how does a Master Persuader respond to a fake war crime?

He does it with a fake response, if he’s smart.

Watch now as the world tries to guess where Trump is moving military assets, and what he might do to respond. The longer he drags things out, the less power the story will have on the public. We’ll be wondering for weeks when those bombs will start hitting Damascus, and Trump will continue to remind us that he doesn’t talk about military options.

Then he waits for something bad to happen to Assad’s family, or his generals, in the normal course of chaos over there. When that happens on its own, the media will wonder if it was Trump sending a strong message to Assad in a measured way. Confirmation bias will do the rest.

There is also a non-zero chance that Putin just asked Assad to frame one of his less-effective Syrian generals for going rogue with chemical weapons, and executing him just to calm things down.

I don’t think we’ll ever know what’s going on over there. But I think we can rule out the idea that Assad decided to commit suicide-by-Trump.

According to the mainstream media – that has been wrong about almost everything for a solid 18 months in a row – the Syrian government allegedly bombed its own people with a nerve agent.

The reason the Assad government would bomb its own people with a nerve agent right now is obvious. Syrian President Assad – who has been fighting for his life for several years, and is only lately feeling safer – suddenly decided to commit suicide-by-Trump. Because the best way to make that happen is to commit a war crime against your own people in exactly the way that would force President Trump to respond or else suffer humiliation at the hands of the mainstream media.

And how about those pictures coming in about the tragedy. Lots of visual imagery. Dead babies. It is almost as if someone designed this “tragedy” to be camera-ready for President Trump’s consumption. It pushed every one of his buttons. Hard. And right when things in Syria were heading in a positive direction.

• Interesting timing.
  • No motive for Assad to use gas to kill a few dozen people at the cost of his entire regime. It wouldn’t be a popular move with Putin either.
  • A setup that looks suspiciously similar to the false WMD stories that sparked the Iraq war.

I’m going to call bullshit on the gas attack. It’s too “on-the-nose,” as Hollywood script-writers sometimes say, meaning a little too perfect to be natural. This has the look of a manufactured event.

My guess is that President Trump knows this smells fishy, but he has to talk tough anyway. However, keep in mind that he has made a brand out of not discussing military options. He likes to keep people guessing. He reminded us of that again yesterday, in case we forgot.

Watch now as the world tries to guess where Trump is moving military assets, and what he might do to respond. The longer he drags things out, the less power the story will have on the public. We’ll be wondering for weeks when those bombs will start hitting Damascus, and Trump will continue to remind us that he doesn’t talk about military options.

Then he waits for something bad to happen to Assad’s family, or his generals, in the normal course of chaos over there. When that happens on its own, the media will wonder if it was Trump sending a strong message to Assad in a measured way. Confirmation bias will do the rest.

There is also a non-zero chance that Putin just asked Assad to frame one of his less-effective Syrian generals for going rogue with chemical weapons, and executing him just to calm things down.

I don’t think we’ll ever know what’s going on over there. But I think we can rule out the idea that Assad decided to commit suicide-by-Trump.

Well, now you lost me. I don't go for the conspiracy theories...left or right.

• Interesting timing.

Well, now you lost me. I don't go for the conspiracy theories...left or right.

You don't think it's possible it wasn't Assad but instead it was the Russians? How naive are you?

Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 - Wikipedia

Several theories about the crash have since appeared in Russian media, and as of September 2016, the Russian government continues to deny responsibility for the crash

Forum List

Back