Obama's vision for America

Wow

Rookie
Jul 10, 2008
Texas
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYnJiiLGwjY&feature=related]YouTube - LA Riots Begin[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBHByk6FkVI&feature=related]YouTube - 1992 Los Angeles Riots Report #6[/ame]

Last edited:
"For we have a choice in this country. We can accept a politics that breeds division, and conflict, and cynicism. We can tackle race only as spectacle – as we did in the OJ trial – or in the wake of tragedy, as we did in the aftermath of Katrina - or as fodder for the nightly news. We can play Reverend Wright’s sermons on every channel, every day and talk about them from now until the election, and make the only question in this campaign whether or not the American people think that I somehow believe or sympathize with his most offensive words. We can pounce on some gaffe by a Hillary supporter as evidence that she’s playing the race card, or we can speculate on whether white men will all flock to John McCain in the general election regardless of his policies.

We can do that.

But if we do, I can tell you that in the next election, we’ll be talking about some other distraction. And then another one. And then another one. And nothing will change." Barack Obama

Barack Obama Featured Biography

Barack Obama | Change We Can Believe In | Issues

Barack Obama | Meet Barack Obama

Deconstructing Barry

Information from Publius Pundit:

(1) Obama said during the primary season that he would vote to block blanket immunity for telecommunications companies in connection with post-Sept. 11 eavesdropping. Now that he got the nomination, he's announced he'll vote in favor of immunity.

(2) During the primaries, Obama said he would insist on renegotiating the North American Free Trade Agreement to stop Mexico and Canada from abusing the system to harm the American economy. Now victorious, he supports the existing agreement.

(3) While seeking left-wing votes for the nomination, he said he would meet with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad without preconditions. The nomination sewn up, he no longer has any such intention.

(4) Filled with primary fervor, he said he could "no more disown Jeremiah Wright than his own grandmother." A few months later, he disowned him.

(5) Obama pledged unconditionally that he would accept public financing during the general election while he was talking to left-wing voters who despise the "fat cats." Now that he's been anointed, he's rejected public funding.

(6) An editorial in the Post adds yet another: Obama promised during the primary season to participate in a series of inclusive town-hall meetings with his opponent John McCain. McCain is still ready to do it, but now as the front runner Obama is backing out like a cowardly and very common politician. Change you can believe in?

As Krauthammer puts it: "By the time he's finished, Obama will have made the Clintons look scrupulous."

• Banned
"For we have a choice in this country. We can accept a politics that breeds division, and conflict, and cynicism. We can tackle race only as spectacle – as we did in the OJ trial – or in the wake of tragedy, as we did in the aftermath of Katrina - or as fodder for the nightly news. We can play Reverend Wright’s sermons on every channel, every day and talk about them from now until the election, and make the only question in this campaign whether or not the American people think that I somehow believe or sympathize with his most offensive words. We can pounce on some gaffe by a Hillary supporter as evidence that she’s playing the race card, or we can speculate on whether white men will all flock to John McCain in the general election regardless of his policies.

We can do that.

But if we do, I can tell you that in the next election, we’ll be talking about some other distraction. And then another one. And then another one. And nothing will change." Barack Obama

Barack Obama Featured Biography

Barack Obama | Change We Can Believe In | Issues

Barack Obama | Meet Barack Obama

Deconstructing Barry
Why didn't you post anything concerning Obama's mentors and role models?
Why would you hide those factual details and only offer campaign rhetoric?
Shouldn't Americans be knowledgeable about their candidates?

Last edited:
The telecom immunity isn't the half of it. He voted to make it easier for the government to spy on Americans. Much easier. He's acted like a Progressive for the longest time but he certainly isn't acting like one now. Not that I'm a big fan of Progressives, but still.

What really makes me laugh, and cry, is watching the lefties excuse him at every turn.

• Banned
The telecom immunity isn't the half of it. He voted to make it easier for the government to spy on Americans. Much easier. He's acted like a Progressive for the longest time but he certainly isn't acting like one now. Not that I'm a big fan of Progressives, but still.

What really makes me laugh, and cry, is watching the lefties excuse him at every turn.
The Democrat Congress has been doing the same thing for over 1 1/2 years now.

4,000 dead, 30,000 wounded, and $700 billion dollars wasted on a hole in the desert. = democrats were all on board with the war, and for the most part, still are.

Largest increase in the national debt in history. = congress, ran by democrats, is responsible, ALONG WITH the repubs.

No energy policy, no stem cell research, no response to Katrina. = Ask mister "chocolate city" nagin what happened in N.O..

The worst administration in American history. Quickly turning us into a third world nation. = Congress, the majority, ran by DEMOCRATS, is at an all time HISTORY MAKING low of 9%, even lower than that of the President.

Yea....I'm going to vote Republican. Right. = I hope you're not voting dem either. They're worse than the repubs.

You haven't made much sense yet.

Last edited:
Depends on the truth.... in any case, I haven't seen any yet from you.

Wanna try again?

4,000 dead, 30,000 wounded, and $700 billion dollars wasted on a hole in the desert.

Largest increase in the national debt in history.

No energy policy, no stem cell research, no response to Katrina.

The worst administration in American history. Quickly turning us into a third world nation.

Yea....I'm going to vote Republican. Right.

4,000 dead, 30,000 wounded, and $700 billion dollars wasted on a hole in the desert.

Largest increase in the national debt in history.

No energy policy, no stem cell research, no response to Katrina.

The worst administration in American history. Quickly turning us into a third world nation.

Yea....I'm going to vote Republican. Right.

4,000 dead, 30,000 wounded, and $700 billion dollars wasted on a hole in the desert. = democrats were all on board with the war, and for the most part, still are.

Largest increase in the national debt in history. = congress, ran by democrats, is responsible, ALONG WITH the repubs.

No energy policy, no stem cell research, no response to Katrina. = Ask mister "chocolate city" nagin what happened in N.O..

The worst administration in American history. Quickly turning us into a third world nation. = Congress, the majority, ran by DEMOCRATS, is at an all time HISTORY MAKING low of 9%, even lower than that of the President.

Yea....I'm going to vote Republican. Right. = I hope you're not voting dem either. They're worse than the repubs.

All of Bush's policies are the Democrats fault!

Bwha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,haaaaaa!!!!!!

The admin. is pretty bad. Maybe one of the worst.

In just 8 years.
We got attacked on our own soil. We destroyed Iraq for nothing. Watched the economy go to trash. Ruined our budget and debt. Outsources tons of jobs. Let illegal immigration become a problem. Have not funded stem-cell research. Began an energy crisis. Began a food cost crisis. Never caught OBL. Proved that black people are less important than rich whites (katrina).

But hey, at least some of us (not me) got stimulus checks a few weeks ago!!!

In just 8 years.
We got attacked on our own soil. We destroyed Iraq for nothing. Watched the economy go to trash. Ruined our budget and debt. Outsources tons of jobs. Let illegal immigration become a problem. Have not funded stem-cell research. Began an energy crisis. Began a food cost crisis. Never caught OBL. Proved that black people are less important than rich whites (katrina).

This is a list of Defense and Foreign Policy as well as Economic succsess of the George W. Bush administration to date:

and there is more if you want it:

Defense & Foreign Policy

1. Successfully executed two wars in the aftermath of 9/11/01: Afghanistan and Iraq. 50 million people who had lived under tyrannical regimes now live in freedom.

2. Saddam Hussein is now in prison. His two murderous sons are dead. All but a handful of the regime's senior members were killed or captured.

3. Leader by leader and member by member, al Maida is being hunted down in dozens of countries around the world. Of the senior al Qaeda leaders, operational managers, and key facilitators the U.S. Government has been tracking, nearly two-thirds have been taken into custody or killed. The detentions or deaths of senior al Qaeda leaders, including Khalid Shaykh Muhammad, the mastermind of 9/11, and Muhammad Atef, Osama bin Laden's second-in-command until his death in late 2001, have been important in the War on Terror.

4. Disarmed Libya of its chemical, nuclear and biological WMD's without bribes or bloodshed.

5. Continues to execute the War On Terror, getting worldwide cooperation to track funds/terrorists. Has cut off much of the terrorists' funding, and captured or killed many key leaders of the al Qaeda network.

6. Initiated a comprehensive review of our military, which was completed just prior to 9/11/01, and which accurately reported that ASYMMETRICAL WARFARE capabilities were critical in the 21st Century.

7. Killed the old US/Soviet Union ABM Treaty that was preventing the U.S. from deploying our ABM defenses.

8. Has been one of the strongest, if not THE strongest friend Israel has ever hand in the U.S. presidency.

9. Part of the coalition for an Israeli/Palestinian "Roadmap to Peace," along with Great Britain, Russia and the EU.

10. Pushed through THREE raises for our military. Increased military pay by more than $1 billion a year.

11. Signed the LARGEST nuclear arms reduction in world history with Russia.

12. Started withdrawing our troops from Bosnia, and has announced withdrawal of our troops from Germany and the Korean DMZ.

13. Prohibited putting U.S. troops under U.N. command.

14. Paid back UN dues only in return for reforms and reduction of U.S. share of the costs.

15. Earmarked at least 20 percent of the Defense procurement budget for next-generation weaponry.

16. Increased defense research and development spending by at least $20 billion from fiscal 2002 to 2006.

17. Ordered a comprehensive review of military weapons and strategy.

18. Ordered a review of overseas deployments.

19. Ordered renovation of military housing. The military has already upgraded about 10 percent of its inventory and expects to modernize 76,000 additional homes this year.

20. Is working to tighten restrictions on military-technology exports.

21. Brought back our EP-3 intel plane and crew from China without any bribes or bloodshed

Budget, Taxes & Economy

1. Signed two income tax cuts, one of which was the largest dollar-value tax cut in world history.

2. Supports permanent elimination of the death tax.

3. Turned around an inherited economy that was in recession, and deeply shocked as a result of the 9/11 attacks.

4. Is seeking legislation to amend the Constitution to give the president line-item veto authority.

5. In process of permanently eliminating IRS marriage penalty.

6. Increased small business incentives to expand and to hire new people.

7. Initiated discussion on privatizing Social Security and individual investment accounts.

8. Killed Clinton's "ergonomic" rules that OSHA was about to implement; rules would have shut down every home business in America.

9. Passed tough new laws to hold corporate criminals to account as a result of corporate scandals.

10. Reduced taxes on dividends and capital gains.

11. Signed trade promotion authority.

12. Reduced and is working to ultimately eliminate the estate tax for family farms and ranches.

13. Fight Europe's ban on importing biotech crops from the United States.

14. Exempt food from unilateral trade sanctions and embargoes.

15. Provided $20 million to states to help people with disabilities work from home.

16. Created a fund to encourage technologies that help the disabled.

17. Increased the annual contribution limit on Education IRA's from $500 to $2,000 per child.

18. Make permanent the $5,000 adoption tax credit and provide $1 billion over five years to increase the credit to $10,000.

19. Grant a complete tax exemption for prepaid or college tuition savings plans.

20. Reduced H1B visas from a high of 195,000 per year to 66,000 per year.

Source: freerepublic.com

In just 8 years.

That pretty much covers it. And the rise in oil prices is draining $600 billion dollars a year from the American economy while Alfred E. Newman sits in the White House and does nothing. God help us.

That pretty much covers it. And the rise in oil prices is draining $600 billion dollars a year from the American economy while Alfred E. Newman sits in the White House and does nothing. God help us.

Bush this, bush that.... you can spew your bush hatred from here to eternity, but you're still behind the eight ball when it comes to what the country thinks of you demtards... who are primarily responsible for our gas crisis. They've been cow towing to the enviro-whackos for decades, and have OUTLAWED new oil exploration, new drilling, new refineries, clean coal and nuclear. The dems have had the majority in congress and had a sitting President for 38 of the last 45 years, and what do they have to show for it? An approval rating that's the LOWEST IN HISTORY! Yeah.... you fucking liberal, dem fucktards have SOOOOO much to be proud of... problem is, nobody fucking thinks so....

2664750019_a82401dc5f_o.jpg

Confidence in Congress: Lowest Ever for Any U.S. Institution

Forum List

Back