Obama's Uncle on house arrest

mdjgirl7

Sep 5, 2008
KISUMU, Kenya — U.S. presidential hopeful Barack Obama's uncle has been a prisoner in his own home, trapped by post-election violence that has left more than 600 Kenyans dead.

Said Obama lives in this western city, near a slum that has been a flashpoint for violence. Police shot and killed four people in Kisumu on Wednesday while trying to prevent thousands of rowdy protesters from entering the city center.

"Yesterday I was confined to my house, it was just too dangerous to go out," Said Obama said. "I could hear bullets around the place, so I stayed put and listened to the radio for news."

Most of Barack Obama's other relatives in Kenya, including his 86-year-old grandmother, live in a rural area nearby that has been unaffected by the violence.

Said Obama welcomed attempts his nephew has made to try to get the president and opposition leader to talk. Barack Obama's advisers say he has discussed the crisis with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and South African Archbishop Desmond Tutu.

But Said Obama said his nephew need do nothing just for his family.

"I don't want to pull the Obama card," he said. "We have a problem in Kenya, and I want to live it like any other Kenyan, not as Obama's relative."

Sooo gear up the military to head for Kenyan.

KISUMU, Kenya — U.S. presidential hopeful Barack Obama's uncle has been a prisoner in his own home, trapped by post-election violence that has left more than 600 Kenyans dead.

Said Obama lives in this western city, near a slum that has been a flashpoint for violence. Police shot and killed four people in Kisumu on Wednesday while trying to prevent thousands of rowdy protesters from entering the city center.

"Yesterday I was confined to my house, it was just too dangerous to go out," Said Obama said. "I could hear bullets around the place, so I stayed put and listened to the radio for news."

Most of Barack Obama's other relatives in Kenya, including his 86-year-old grandmother, live in a rural area nearby that has been unaffected by the violence.

Said Obama welcomed attempts his nephew has made to try to get the president and opposition leader to talk. Barack Obama's advisers say he has discussed the crisis with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and South African Archbishop Desmond Tutu.

But Said Obama said his nephew need do nothing just for his family.

"I don't want to pull the Obama card," he said. "We have a problem in Kenya, and I want to live it like any other Kenyan, not as Obama's relative."

Sooo gear up the military to head for Kenyan.

wow... you really do need to learn how to read.

he's not confined by the law you idiot...he's confined due to the violence in his community.

it's actually pretty funny the shit that you morons come up with. It's like a game of how desparate and stupid can the Republicans looks before election day... so far ya'll are doing great :clap2:

eta: you might want to provide a link since that's the rule around here.

John McCain brother called 911 to complain about traffic, he then told the opperator to Fuck Off for telling him 911 was not for traffic complaints.

Do you get the sense of how some people think they are above the laws?

wow... you really do need to learn how to read.

he's not confined by the law you idiot...he's confined due to the violence in his community.

it's actually pretty funny the shit that you morons come up with. It's like a game of how desparate and stupid can the Republicans looks before election day... so far ya'll are doing great :clap2:

eta: you might want to provide a link since that's the rule around here.

I see whay Obama can get to you. You like twisting words to don't you. Not the point sweet pea. YOU need to read it again.

That is pretty pathetic, mdjgirl...

Don't try and be like lifelongdem, or bobo the clown, or kirkybot with these utterly misleading thread titles

Oh I forgot when Obama gets into office we are going to hold hands with all of our enemies and sing. As soon as Obama walks on water we will have no more international problems right. No you libs are pathetic. You want to put a man who has little to no experience in foreign policy no experience in war whatsoever. That is pathetic.

John McCain brother called 911 to complain about traffic, he then told the opperator to Fuck Off for telling him 911 was not for traffic complaints.

Do you get the sense of how some people think they are above the laws?

somehow I just can't see why we would be calling out the military on that one. Kenyan yes. Traffic stops hmmm not so much.

If you Libs think that Obama does not have an agenda you are sadly mistaken. You bet he wants to end the war in Iraq he needs them to go where he want to go. Get it.

I see whay Obama can get to you. You like twisting words to don't you. Not the point sweet pea. YOU need to read it again.

:lol: where does the article say he's UNDER HOUSE ARREST? you see the word prisoner applied to a black man you automatically make the leap that he's in trouble with the law :wtf:

it says TRAPPED BY VIOLENCE....

from the article:

Yesterday I was confined to my house, it was just too dangerous to go out," Said Obama said. "I could hear bullets around the place, so I stayed put and listened to the radio for news."

reading 101 my friend.

:lol: where does the article say he's UNDER HOUSE ARREST? you see the word prisoner applied to a black man you automatically make the leap that he's in trouble with the law :wtf:

it says TRAPPED BY VIOLENCE....

from the article:

Still not the point. Obama has a vested interest in Kenyan geeesh get a clue. Got you to read it with the headline huh. Are you mad about that?

reading 101 my friend.

Comprehension 101

Careful of your words time will play this one out.

what in the fuck are you even talking about?

you posted an article saying Obama's uncle is on house arrest.... it's factually UNTRUE and yet here you are defending yourself. :cuckoo:

Comprehension 101

I think you are the one with the comprehension issue my friend. Or you just posted a completely ridiculous title to get people's attention?!

Is there some hidden message that only you can see?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back