Obama's unassailable logic

No, I'm pretty well convinced that his attitude and inspiration helped people get through hard times and come out ahead, stimulus package or no.

You give me all the inspiration you want to as a president through your words. I have zero problem with that. When you start using fear to pull the purse strings, I have a problem. Obama has done exactly that. It's irresponsible to tell people the sky will fall if we don't pass a spending bill, especially one proposed by him. That's not inspiration, that's a veiled threat. It's no different than what Bush did to get HIS way.
That's not a bad point. But what if the sky really will fall?

Is that how you reconciled Bush's tactics to get a trillion dollars for unnecessary war? "what if"?

I don't see how the sky will fall. I've spent enough time studying econ on my own that past couple years, and from what I've learned, the sky will not "fall" simply because we don't spend another trillion dollars here. We'll go through deflation, unemployment, scarce dollars, while resources are re-allocated and some stability works its way back into the economy. I don't believe for a second that the most powerful economy on earth can just wither into oblivion because we don't spend more money. We have a chance here to set an example for future generations to be more responsible about their finances. Instead, we're showing the future generations that spending more money we don't have is somehow a GOOD thing. We're ultimately setting the stage for more collapses down the road.

I don't see how the sky will fall. I've spent enough time studying econ on my own that past couple years, and from what I've learned, the sky will not "fall" simply because we don't spend another trillion dollars here. We'll go through deflation, unemployment, scarce dollars, while resources are re-allocated and some stability works its way back into the economy. I don't believe for a second that the most powerful economy on earth can just wither into oblivion because we don't spend more money. We have a chance here to set an example for future generations to be more responsible about their finances. Instead, we're showing the future generations that spending more money we don't have is somehow a GOOD thing. We're ultimately setting the stage for more collapses down the road.

You know the old saying...

Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow...or something like that. :cool:

New Topics

Forum List

Back