Obama's unassailable logic

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
It's the self-fulfilling prophecy stupid!

Basically, the stimulus is needed because people think it is needed. If we don't do something, people will panic and things will get much worse. If we do something, anything, people will feel better and start to spend us toward recovery.

I might not like it, but it's hard to disagree...unfortunately.

i have no faith in any politician

IMHO people should reign in spending and save more. maybe then we can foster an economy based on something a little more sustainable than pure consumption.

No one's officially going to start spending their lives away again until they get the OK from the media.

The government can pass a million stimulus bills, but unless the media starts conditioning a new perception in our minds that the economy is strengthening, it won't matter.

Everyone's looking for their favorite pundits to tell them things are going to be ok, because most people don't have the slightest clue how to figure it out on their own.

Hello New World. The way to get yer azz outta debt is to quadruple yer debt. Now if you don't believe that you be a idiot! :lol::lol:

• Banned
No one's officially going to start spending their lives away again until they get the OK from the media.

The government can pass a million stimulus bills, but unless the media starts conditioning a new perception in our minds that the economy is strengthening, it won't matter.

Everyone's looking for their favorite pundits to tell them things are going to be ok, because most people don't have the slightest clue how to figure it out on their own.

I was at Best Buy last weekend. Place was frigging packed to the rafters with people spending wads of dough. I'm starting to think it might not be as bad as we've been conditioned to think it is. Or worse, if it is that bad even though people are actually spending, then we're screwed for sure.

Obama's unassailable logic - It's the self-fulfilling prophecy stupid!

Basically, the stimulus is needed because people think it is needed. If we don't do something, people will panic and things will get much worse. If we do something, anything, people will feel better and start to spend us toward recovery.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hilarious! Give the people what they think need! No wonder so many people are in debt. Just do as the government does and everything will work out fine.

so true--Let's hope the media gets it right, huh ? :lol:

Obama's unassailable logic - It's the self-fulfilling prophecy stupid!

Hilarious! Give the people what they think need! No wonder so many people are in debt. Just do as the government does and everything will work out fine.

[/

I was at Best Buy last weekend. Place was frigging packed to the rafters with people spending wads of dough. I'm starting to think it might not be as bad as we've been conditioned to think it is. Or worse, if it is that bad even though people are actually spending, then we're screwed for sure.

Deflation, dude. Tech products are cheap these days, so people who DO have some discretionary dough are taking advantage of good deals. It's to be expected, just like existing home sales increasing. And people really AREN'T spending, collectively. Consumer spending is down, while saving is up.

Also, Best Buy was having an awesome sale last week. I got a copy of Office 2007 Home and Student for $100.

It's why the rabid right is trying so hard, with their spin machine in hyperdrive, to get people to not have faith in it... they WANT him to fail.

So are you agreeing with mani's point that the stimulus is not needed? And are you saying that even though it's not needed, it should pass because Republicans don't want it to? Really? I mean...really?

The best way to cure global climate change to terminate the human race. That's the only way you will stop global warming.

No one can be absolutely sure it will work, but at the same time we're supposed to believe we'll sink into an unrecoverable recession if we don't do it. :rolleyes:

Too many people are losing their fucking minds these days. Has critical thought just gone completely out the window or what?

We're being sold a Trillion dollar spending proposal based on a GUESS.

Idiots. The lot of you.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
It debatably worked for FDR.

The TRUTHFUL version.
No, I'm pretty well convinced that his attitude and inspiration helped people get through hard times and come out ahead, stimulus package or no.

You give me all the inspiration you want to as a president through your words. I have zero problem with that. When you start using fear to pull the purse strings, I have a problem. Obama has done exactly that. It's irresponsible to tell people the sky will fall if we don't pass a spending bill, especially one proposed by him. That's not inspiration, that's a veiled threat. It's no different than what Bush did to get HIS way.

The TRUTHFUL version.
No, I'm pretty well convinced that his attitude and inspiration helped people get through hard times and come out ahead, stimulus package or no.

You give me all the inspiration you want to as a president through your words. I have zero problem with that. When you start using fear to pull the purse strings, I have a problem. Obama has done exactly that. It's irresponsible to tell people the sky will fall if we don't pass a spending bill, especially one proposed by him. That's not inspiration, that's a veiled threat. It's no different than what Bush did to get HIS way.

Great point. It's EXACTLY how Bush got his way. You would think a liberal could recognize the tactic they hate so much by now.

The TRUTHFUL version.

That's not a bad point. But what if the sky really will fall?

Forum List

Back