Obama's treatment of the press

I do not remember anyone in the press behaving in similarly hostile fashion toward Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton that Acosta did to Trump. Even if they didn’t like Obama or Clinton, the political reporters would never dare accuse them publicly of anything, argue with them or interrupt them. Even when skeptical they were respectful, even Fox News was. I remember Obama spending several minutes answering a single question — without interruption. I do not remember anyone arguing with him like Acosta did with Trump.

Many in the press corps may have found Obama overbearingly arrogant. They may have resented the way he looked down on them and bristled at critical stories or tough questions. They knew he started more leak investigations than any other president, and might have feared him because his Justice Department wiretapped a Fox News reporter during a leak case. But they would never interrupt him or insult him or refuse to give up the microphone. So why is it okay for Acosta and others on the Left to do that to Trump?

Forum List

Back